Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    What would Magoo say is the correct pronunciation of "Keuchel"?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPussyFart View Post
    What would Magoo say is the correct pronunciation of "Keuchel"?
    What a username.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    What a username.
    Don't be racist against women.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    You truly are amazin'!
    I try.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    This photo belongs in the Mets Future Manager thread, don't ya think?

Don't worry. He's got this.

I was waiting for the umpires to embarrass themselves this postseason, and I'm surprised it took this long. Unreal call. Unreal! How do you change that call?!

I am writing this post not to troll, as I have been accused of, nor to fuel any fires. I am not a huge poster on this forum but when I do, I try at times, not successfully I admit, to engage in an intelligent discussion.

I would really like to know from those of you who will take the time to answer , what is your reasoning for your huge dislike of the Yankees , and those of you who are from New York why you cannot understand why Met fans who are New Yorkers would be rooting for the Yankees in these playoffs. Maybe you can't but can't you understand others ? No one is dissing the Mets at all or become Yankee fans and abandoning the Mets .

I grew up in Brooklyn in the 1950s and the Dodgers were a huge part of my life as a kid . Since the Yankees always beat my beloved Dodgers except in 1955, I found it hard to root for them . I disliked what George stood for , although always admired the fact that he always tried to bring a championship team for his fans, and because of him I could not root for the team. I found out later that as a person outside of baseball he was a very generous man ; he started the program to provide money to the families of fire fighters and policemen who were killed in the line of duty.

I have a group of 5 Met fans who used to meet for lunch periodically and out of the 5 , one dislikes the Yankees so intently because he feels over the years Yankee fans have rubbed their success in his nose and are extremely demeaning to him as a Met fan. Three of us are rooting for the Yankees , not because we are Yankee fans, we are not , but solely because we like to see New York Teams do well. The last member is kinda ambivalent . He wanted to see The Indians win because they haven't won since 1948, but now does not really care who wins.

We All root for both the Giants and The Jets and those of us who follow hockey like to see The Rangers and Islanders do well; no one mentions the Devils though. I have never seen any huge dislike from Jet fans towards the Giants or Vice versa.

When Mike Piazza hit the home run on September 22, the first major sporting event held in NY right after 9/11, it brought the entire crowd in need of healing and distraction to its feet and provided a brief respite from the tremors that still reverberating 10 days prior. Even Yankee fans were caught up in the momemt and felt pride and cheered . If it was Derek Jeter instead of Piazza who did it against the Red Sox , I am sure Met fans would have felt the same ; would you have ?

Once again, I would sincerely like to know from you why you dislike the Yankees and cannot root for them. Please try and keep this on an intelligent plane .

Thank you
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 10-19-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I try.
    Come on, Gotta. We all know you don't have to try.

WTF happened to the Astros offense? The Yankees starting pitching isn't that good to shut down an offense like the Astros. Same thing happened to the Indians.

Yankees got hot just in the right time. They have the better pen. They will most likely win game 6 and face the Dodgers in the WS. The Yankees were underdogs this whole postseason and proved everyone wrong

Lets go Dodgers.
    Lets go Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Metfreek4life View Post
    WTF happened to the Astros offense? The Yankees starting pitching isn't that good to shut down an offense like the Astros. Same thing happened to the Indians.

Yankees got hot just in the right time. They have the better pen. They will most likely win game 6 and face the Dodgers in the WS. The Yankees were underdogs this whole postseason and proved everyone wrong

Lets go Dodgers.
    They remind me of our run from 2015. I don't think many people had us beating the Dodgers, and NOBODY picked us over the Cubbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I am writing this post not to troll, as I have been accused of, nor to fuel any fires. I am not a huge poster on this forum but when I do, I try at times, not successfully I admit, to engage in an intelligent discussion.

I would really like to know from those of you who will take the time to answer , what is your reasoning for your huge dislike of the Yankees , and those of you who are from New York why you cannot understand why Met fans who are New Yorkers would be rooting for the Yankees in these playoffs. Maybe you can't but can't you understand others ? No one is dissing the Mets at all or become Yankee fans and abandoning the Mets .

I grew up in Brooklyn in the 1950s and the Dodgers were a huge part of my life as a kid . Since the Yankees always beat my beloved Dodgers except in 1955, I found it hard to root for them . I disliked what George stood for , although always admired the fact that he always tried to bring a championship team for his fans, and because of him I could not root for the team. I found out later that as a person outside of baseball he was a very generous man ; he started the program to provide money to the families of fire fighters and policemen who were killed in the line of duty.

I have a group of 5 Met fans who used to meet for lunch periodically and out of the 5 , one dislikes the Yankees so intently because he feels over the years Yankee fans have rubbed their success in his nose and are extremely demeaning to him as a Met fan. Three of us are rooting for the Yankees , not because we are Yankee fans, we are not , but solely because we like to see New York Teams do well. The last member is kinda ambivalent . He wanted to see The Indians win because they haven't won since 1948, but now does not really care who wins.

We All root for both the Giants and The Jets and those of us who follow hockey like to see The Rangers and Islanders do well; no one mentions the Devils though. I have never seen any huge dislike from Jet fans towards the Giants or Vice versa.

When Mike Piazza hit the home run on September 22, the first major sporting event held in NY right after 9/11, it brought the entire crowd in need of healing and distraction to its feet and provided a brief respite from the tremors that still reverberating 10 days prior. Even Yankee fans were caught up in the momemt and felt pride and cheered . If it was Derek Jeter instead of Piazza who did it against the Red Sox , I am sure Met fans would have felt the same ; would you have ?

Once again, I would sincerely like to know from you why you dislike the Yankees and cannot root for them. Please try and keep this on an intelligent plane .

Thank you
    Growing up I never had any issue with the Yankees. I was always a Mets fan first and foremost, but certainly rooted for the Yankees when the Mets weren't an option.

In 2000 when the two teams faced each other in the WS, almost every Yankees fan I knew became a complete ******* to me and **** all over my team as if there was some long standing hatred between the two teams.

I found it to be so distasteful, unnecessary and full of ****, that the seeds of anger towards the team and their fanbase were sown. That anger has only grown in the following years, because the fanbase, particularly fake, fair-weather fans, have continued to unnecessarily take shots at my favorite team without any real reason or provocation.

The very clear NYC media bias doesn't help matters either. They seem quick to try to blow up anything that can be perceived as negative about the Mets while highlighting anything even remotely positive about the Yankees doesn't help matters either. It's bad/lazy "journalism".

I also generally root for underdogs (Mets, Jets, etc.) and against dynasties (Yanks, Pats, etc.)

Thank you
    I enjoy rooting for the Underdog. Something the Yankees never will be with 27 rings.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    I enjoy rooting for the Underdog. Something the Yankees never will be with 27 rings.
    I can accept that reason . If the Yankees play the Dodgers they will be the underdogs.

I can accept that reason . If the Yankees play the Dodgers they will be the underdogs.
    Hard to ever really consider a team with 27 championships an underdog. The Dodgers haven't won since 1981 and have mostly been on the losing end of WS confrontations with the Yankees. History and context matter, not just this season's record.

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast