Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 478
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You don't have to convince me you're a real fan. I'll always vouch for you. We've had numerous conversations. I know where your head is at. But listen to yourself! You're praising the Yanks, dissing the Mets, and telling us Yankee haters why we should root for the Yankees.

    Don't do that in here.
    Because of our friendship I did not expect you to post what you did. Sometimes silence between friends is more important than the urge to get your point across in a forum like this . We talk in private and can disagree then. What was your need to post what you did? Couldn't you have saved your thoughts when we talk , or you have my number , you could have called unless unknown to me Verizon went on strike on LI.

    How am I dissing the Mets by saying that as a New Yorker I am rooting for a NY team ?

    I am a big Giant fan as you know, but on Sundays I also root for the Jets . Am I dissing the Giants by rooting for the Jets ? If I recall, I think you are a Giant fan, do you hate the Jets ? If the Jets were in the playoffs and the Giants were not and I posted that as a New Yorker I was rooting for the Jets would you have posted what you did ?
    You're not dissing the Mets as much as you're dissing the fans. When you post like that in here you're pushing buttons, mine included. Had you picked up the phone and expressed these thoughts we could have discussed it privately. But you wanted to post here so I responded accordingly.

    You're not going to convince Met fans to root for the Yankees. Ain't going to happen.

    Now, as a football fan I will root for whichever NY team is doing well. But you'll never see me post in a Giants forum telling fans they should root for the Jets or vice versa. Some comments are better kept in private among friends.

    Marshall McLuhan said the medium is the message. You really do have to be more sensitive about which conduit you choose to express your thoughts.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    506
    What Met fans will root for the Yanks?

    The Yanks should have been eliminated in the wildcard game but this team keeps on fighting. I do think they will beat the Astros and play the Dodgers in the WS. Yanks are built to win with their strong hitting and pitching.
    Lets go Mets

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    27,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfreek4life View Post
    What Met fans will root for the Yanks?

    The Yanks should have been eliminated in the wildcard game but this team keeps on fighting. I do think they will beat the Astros and play the Dodgers in the WS. Yanks are built to win with their strong hitting and pitching.
    Yeah I didn't even find myself rooting for the Yankees in the 01' WS after 9/11. I just have a ton of contempt for their fair weather full of **** fans (mostly). Then they always patronize Met fans into thinking the contempt comes strictly from jealousy.

    Astros blew it yesterday. You have a 4-0 lead, they should have been able to hold it. I still think the Astros win in 6 or 7. They have home field advantage and the Yankees haven't shown they can hit Verlander or Keuchel. You have to figure the Astros find a way to score 5 or more runs in one of these remaining games.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    29,099
    I think Yankees win the series because the Astros can't just count on both Verlander and Keuchel to be excellent every start. One of these they'll blow it and Yankees win because their bullpen sucks outside of Giles and the others don't go deep enough

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I think Yankees win the series because the Astros can't just count on both Verlander and Keuchel to be excellent every start. One of these they'll blow it and Yankees win because their bullpen sucks outside of Giles and the others don't go deep enough

    Even Giles is not that good
    Lets go Mets

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    25,204
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You're not dissing the Mets as much as you're dissing the fans. When you post like that in here you're pushing buttons, mine included. Had you picked up the phone and expressed these thoughts we could have discussed it privately. But you wanted to post here so I responded accordingly.

    You're not going to convince Met fans to root for the Yankees. Ain't going to happen.

    Now, as a football fan I will root for whichever NY team is doing well. But you'll never see me post in a Giants forum telling fans they should root for the Jets or vice versa. Some comments are better kept in private among friends.

    Marshall McLuhan said the medium is the message. You really do have to be more sensitive about which conduit you choose to express your thoughts.
    Let me guess. Majored in Communications?
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39,834
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Zihuatanejo
    You truly are amazin'!


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You're not dissing the Mets as much as you're dissing the fans. When you post like that in here you're pushing buttons, mine included. Had you picked up the phone and expressed these thoughts we could have discussed it privately. But you wanted to post here so I responded accordingly.

    You're not going to convince Met fans to root for the Yankees. Ain't going to happen.

    Now, as a football fan I will root for whichever NY team is doing well. But you'll never see me post in a Giants forum telling fans they should root for the Jets or vice versa. Some comments are better kept in private among friends.

    Marshall McLuhan said the medium is the message. You really do have to be more sensitive about which conduit you choose to express your thoughts.
    Let me guess. Majored in Communications?
    Lol
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39,834


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39,834


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Why you posting the last out of the of '69 World Series two days after the anniversary?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    25,204
    Look at the litter on the field. Shameful.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Look at the litter on the field. Shameful.
    They need her:

    https://youtu.be/vh-2_kdVcyA
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39,834
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Why you posting the last out of the of '69 World Series two days after the anniversary?
    I thought it would bring a smile on your face...I was wrong.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Why you posting the last out of the of '69 World Series two days after the anniversary?
    I thought it would bring a smile on your face...I was wrong.
    You were right. I just didn't get the context. Many thanks!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •