Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Thread: Playoffs GDT

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    74,440

    Playoffs GDT

    If anyone cares we can discuss the playoffs here.

    Arizona won the NL wild card (over the Rockies) and the Yankees the AL wild card (over the Twins)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    74,440
    The Houston Verlanders are killing the Red Sox currently so that's a good sign. I'm rooting for a Houston-Arizona WS with Houston winning (love JD, but JV deserves a ring).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,257
    Going for those 2 as well. Would have been anyway but JD and JV are an added bonus.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    74,440
    Wow, Jose Altuve is having a monster game. 3 homers in game 1!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,257
    Crazy. Houston's lineup is sick.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    21,702
    saw a stat the other night that the Indians starting rotation has the highest combined WAR of all time lol

    I'm not a big WAR guy (it's just annoying to me to have 10,000 different variations of the same stat, and seriously you can include guestimates in your stats?) but still that's pretty nuts

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,314
    Go Astros vs DBacks!!!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    74,440
    Astros killing the Red Sox again.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,711
    I want JV and Altuve in the WS...it would be so damn fun to watch.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    20,032
    Really hope JV gets his ring.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    74,440
    As sick as it makes me, I also am rooting for the Yankees to win game 5. No thanks to the Indians advancing.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    21,702
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    As sick as it makes me, I also am rooting for the Yankees to win game 5. No thanks to the Indians advancing.
    I'm surprisingly the opposite, pulling for the Tribe

    although a large portion of that fanhood is on behalf of a friend that is annoyed that I never cheer for her teams even though I hate all her teams (she's from ohio, do the math), and I'm more than willing to root for the Browns! But anyway, she used to root for my teams back in the day when hers were out of the picture so now I have to return the favor I guess

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    21,702
    welp, on the plus side maybe she won't want me rooting for her teams anymore

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    74,440
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I'm surprisingly the opposite, pulling for the Tribe

    although a large portion of that fanhood is on behalf of a friend that is annoyed that I never cheer for her teams even though I hate all her teams (she's from ohio, do the math), and I'm more than willing to root for the Browns! But anyway, she used to root for my teams back in the day when hers were out of the picture so now I have to return the favor I guess

    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    welp, on the plus side maybe she won't want me rooting for her teams anymore
    It is a fair trade and in that scenario I guess I could do that for a friend. Not anymore though At least not the Indians.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    74,440
    Also the Indians have blown a 3-1 and 2-0 lead in their last 2 postseason runs since the city started with the "'Warriors blew a 3-1 lead" stuff. I don't necessarily believe in karma but it is funny how things play out sometimes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •