Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    The worst part is people keep making Marinelli out to be some kind of miracle worker. Seriously, the guy has how many relatively high draft picks? What has the guy ever done? I don't get why his job is never on the line. The guy's cover 2 defense might have worked in 1995, but it hasn't worked for years here and he has absolutely no plan B
    Preach!

Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Not sure what happened to this team. Collins is a upgrade at RT and Cooper and Leary is not much better than Cooper. With all these talents they should be clicking better on offense but they have put up 30 last week and 31 this week and it still hasnt been enough. The defense is simply atrocious. We all know our secondary is probably the worst in football and we cant stop the run that great either latley. Maybe Lee is that big of a deference there but its been bad. Our pass rush is better and saved the defense at times but its simply just really bad. Whats really bad is our salary cap is gone especially with Martin not signed and Romo still on books. So we cant get any proven players to help. This year is over
    I disagree about Ron Leary. This year he is grading out as the best Guard in the NFL (according to Pro Football Focus). He also had chemistry with Fredrick and Smith. All 5 guys moved as a unit. Collins sat out most of last year and Cooper is new (and nowhere near as good as Leary is). Throw in Tyron’s back issues and you have a huge cluster **** going on, on that offensive line. You got Fredrick and Smith getting beat because they’re trying to help cover up Cooper’s mistakes and you got Zach getting beat trying to cover Collins’ mistakes and trying to help out Fredrick when he’s getting beat. I think Collins will be eventually ok at RT if he stays there but they really need to consider drafting another LG. That at draft a RT and move Collins back to Guard.

As for the defense... they need pass rush, pass rush, pass rush! They are going to have to overpay like the Giants did for Vernon but they need as much help as possible, and they need it fast! Then spend as many picks as possible on fixing that front 7. Another pass rusher and a stud LB. Can Jaylon rush the passer? I’d feel better moving him to the strong side and drafting a play making MLB. I would also like the see them bring in a new defense coaching staff. Someone with a fresh look at things. Marinelli has had almost 4 years to turn this thing around and it hasn’t worked. Jimmy and Wannstedt were about to win their 1st Super Bowl and had literally gone from the worst defense in the league to the #1 overall defense within the same time span.

Two biggest mistakes in the last few minutes..
    1) Dak not taking a knee at the 1 yard line
    2) Not kicking an onside kick
    I disagree, THE biggest mistake was throwing in 2nd and 1 on that last drive with under a minute and a half. Absolutely nothing good could have come out of that play. Even if Dez scores it just gives Rodgers more time. Also it prevented the Packers from having to use their last time out. It was absolute horrible situational awareness. You’re facing a QB (a HOF in his prime) that has already shown you if you give him anywhere near 1:00 he can drive the field and score on you. He’s done it multiple times on you within the last couple of years. You got 3 plays to get 1 yard and you can kill the clock and not even give Rodgers a chance.

I don't know if this deserves a whole different thread but this game is it for me. Its been 8 yrs and Jason Garrett still cant figure out clock management... I didn't expect Dak to slide short of the endzone there im always for scoring but the play before why are we throwing the ball which only took away 6 secs when we could have ran possibly 45 secs. Instead we score and leave arguably the best qb ever 1:13. You knew what would happen. Didn't Garrett learn anything from the playoff game? Apparently not and im sick of losing this way over and over again. Its almost every loss we are losing because Garrett is being outcoached, it doesn't even matter if its a rookie coach. Time and time again we go into the half with big leads and the other team adjusts and they come back leaving us a nail biter only to be disappointed again and again because of poor coaching. Its been happening for yrs as long Garrett has been coach, he can never adjust to situations or make the right decisions in crunch time. When Wade Phillips was coach and got fired I said Garrett is not the answer and he has had 8 yrs correct me if im wrong to figure it out and hasn't. Its insanity doing the same thing over and expecting different results. Its time for him to go!!!! It doesn't matter if we go 4-12 or 13-3 we still go out in the end with his terrible decisions!!!!!!

Im also done with Rod Marinelli, I give him credit for doing wonders with no talent on defense but his scheme is not working...He has done great things with the Dline 20+ sacks already, I wouldn't be opposed to just having him as dline coach. I also realize he has rookies playing in the secondary and has had to deal with injuries and suspensions his whole time here. However his Tampa 2 scheme does not work unless you have the best players at certain positions. We do not have a Cliff Avril, Bobby Wagner, Richard Sherman, Chancellor, Earl Thomas etc.. to make this scheme work. This Defense is absolutely atrocious and pathetic. It is time to move on from the Tampa 2 scheme it does not put players in the right position to make plays. Its 3 games already we have given up 30+ pts and no changes have been made its the same story. I don't even know what to do anymore.. Is it rookies going thru growing pains? Is it not having players at the right time with suspensions and injuries? It has to be the scheme. I saw Barry Church making many players for the Jags including a pick 6. I saw Brandon Carr who couldn't get a pick for us in 4 yrs almost leading the league in picks. Marinelli has got to go!!!!!!

The bottom line is this team has the right ingredients to make a run and with this coaching staff it isn't going to happen because we shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again with horrible game planning, poor clock management and poor schemes. I realize the sky is not falling on this season and at 2-3 changes can be made to turn the season around but even if we do in the end like last season its going to come down to coaching decisions like it always does and we will fail again. We are wasting very talented players careers with this garbage!!!!!!!

It seems like we need to score 38 points to win these games. I know some were happy to see our veteran secondary go, but it seems like they were way better than what we have this year. It's really not just the secondary, we at least could stem the bleeding by having a pretty solid run defense---not this year. The Packers don't even have a good running game, but somehow found it against us. I don't think we've invested enough on the defensive side of the ball. You can't name one marquee player outside of Sean Lee on our defense...and he's not even there a lot of the times. I think we hid our defensive personnel deficiencies last year with our running game, but it got exposed in the playoffs. We can chalk it up to Aaron Rodgers, but Trevor Simien and Goff also looked like prowbowlers against us. As for Garrett not running the ball and milking the clock....he probably didn't learn from the Superbowl. The Falcons made that same mistake---they could have run the clock out at any time against the Patriots by running the ball or at least kicking the field goal, but insisted on continuing to throw it, which Bellichek adjusted to. Coaching staffs will adjust to you in the 2nd half, no matter how well you do in the first...we haven't really adjusted that well. But, I really think it's deeper than that....I think the personnel on defense is just not good enough. A lot of those guys wouldn't be able to make it on the rosters of other teams.

We do play the 49ers next....but after that it's the Chiefs, Falcons and Eagles. Later in the season, we also play the Seahawks. Not sure how good the Raiders and Redskins are, but they're not exactly cake walks. This team will have to raise it another gear because they are in for some tough competition.

Two biggest mistakes in the last few minutes..
    1) Dak not taking a knee at the 1 yard line
    2) Not kicking an onside kick
    The knee on the 1 is ballsy but the kind of decisions coaches should be making all this money to make.

How many times do we have to see if before we actively gameplan to not give him the ball back at the end of games? I’d much prefer my team losing with the strength of their offense against the weakness of their defense than watching the weakness of our team fail against the strength of theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by KiNgJaMeS315 View Post
    I don't know if this deserves a whole different thread but this game is it for me. Its been 8 yrs and Jason Garrett still cant figure out clock management... I didn't expect Dak to slide short of the endzone there im always for scoring but the play before why are we throwing the ball which only took away 6 secs when we could have ran possibly 45 secs. Instead we score and leave arguably the best qb ever 1:13. You knew what would happen. Didn't Garrett learn anything from the playoff game? Apparently not and im sick of losing this way over and over again. Its almost every loss we are losing because Garrett is being outcoached, it doesn't even matter if its a rookie coach. Time and time again we go into the half with big leads and the other team adjusts and they come back leaving us a nail biter only to be disappointed again and again because of poor coaching. Its been happening for yrs as long Garrett has been coach, he can never adjust to situations or make the right decisions in crunch time. When Wade Phillips was coach and got fired I said Garrett is not the answer and he has had 8 yrs correct me if im wrong to figure it out and hasn't. Its insanity doing the same thing over and expecting different results. Its time for him to go!!!! It doesn't matter if we go 4-12 or 13-3 we still go out in the end with his terrible decisions!!!!!!

Im also done with Rod Marinelli, I give him credit for doing wonders with no talent on defense but his scheme is not working...He has done great things with the Dline 20+ sacks already, I wouldn't be opposed to just having him as dline coach. I also realize he has rookies playing in the secondary and has had to deal with injuries and suspensions his whole time here. However his Tampa 2 scheme does not work unless you have the best players at certain positions. We do not have a Cliff Avril, Bobby Wagner, Richard Sherman, Chancellor, Earl Thomas etc.. to make this scheme work. This Defense is absolutely atrocious and pathetic. It is time to move on from the Tampa 2 scheme it does not put players in the right position to make plays. Its 3 games already we have given up 30+ pts and no changes have been made its the same story. I don't even know what to do anymore.. Is it rookies going thru growing pains? Is it not having players at the right time with suspensions and injuries? It has to be the scheme. I saw Barry Church making many players for the Jags including a pick 6. I saw Brandon Carr who couldn't get a pick for us in 4 yrs almost leading the league in picks. Marinelli has got to go!!!!!!

The bottom line is this team has the right ingredients to make a run and with this coaching staff it isn't going to happen because we shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again with horrible game planning, poor clock management and poor schemes. I realize the sky is not falling on this season and at 2-3 changes can be made to turn the season around but even if we do in the end like last season its going to come down to coaching decisions like it always does and we will fail again. We are wasting very talented players careers with this garbage!!!!!!!
    Agreed the failure to manipulate the clock is so frustrating. They 100% need to hire a clock management assistant to bop JG on the head everytime he goes to make a stupid mistake with the clock/TO’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234