Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Yeah but i think lauzon lets say if he completely becomes what we would love him to be is a 7 million dollar d. Dahlin is looking to be 10+. Kid is going to get points in the nhl
    I don't see a d-man who'd be getting his first deal after ELC getting 10+ million. He'd need to win the Norris and MVP all 3 years to command something like that. Do you think McAvoy is going to get $10+ million because I don't.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I don't see a d-man who'd be getting his first deal after ELC getting 10+ million. He'd need to win the Norris and MVP all 3 years to command something like that. Do you think McAvoy is going to get $10+ million because I don't.
    Not the first deal he could take a three year deal at 6 and in those first six years its not un heard of for a player to get a noris.

What do you think doughty and karlsons next contracts are going to look like? Mathews and mcjesus are commanding 12 plus.
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Not the first deal he could take a three year deal at 6 and in those first six years its not un heard of for a player to get a noris.

What do you think doughty and karlsons next contracts are going to look like? Mathews and mcjesus are commanding 12 plus.
    So we're talking about contracts that are 6-7 years down the road....aka non factors for the next 2-4 years.
    "The Next Generation"

I donít think that package gets you close to getting #1 tbh though. I would absolutely love the idea, but a lot of people see Dahlin as a transformative, generational type talent (a step below what McDavid was)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I donít think that package gets you close to getting #1 tbh though. I would absolutely love the idea, but a lot of people see Dahlin as a transformative, generational type talent (a step below what McDavid was)

I think it depends on who the team is, but I think it at least get your in the conversation.
    "The Next Generation"

I think it depends on who the team is, but I think it at least get your in the conversation.
    I don't think Dahlin is what this team needs right now though. I think the hype is pretty similar to Victor Hedman during his draft year, which is REALLY good, but I think he will take a while to get acclimated to the league - like Hedman did. The Bruins can't afford to wait 2-3 years for him to become that bonafide #1 guy IMO. I can't think of a young defensemen coming from overseas that became a top pairing guy in his first few seasons.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    I don't think Dahlin is what this team needs right now though. I think the hype is pretty similar to Victor Hedman during his draft year, which is REALLY good, but I think he will take a while to get acclimated to the league - like Hedman did. The Bruins can't afford to wait 2-3 years for him to become that bonafide #1 guy IMO. I can't think of a young defensemen coming from overseas that became a top pairing guy in his first few seasons.
    I think Dahlin is REALLLLLY good... heís maybe got the highest offensive upside for any defenseman in the draft in a very long time. The kid skates better than any defenseman Iíve ever seen at his age. Sure he could be a bust just like anyone, but heís probably as solid a bet to hit as anyone not named McDavid in the last several drafts. I donít think Arizona (or anyone) gives him up for anything short of a package for a young superstar tbh

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

But don't they actually have 2-3 years for him to become a #1?

I mean Chara can play another 2-3 years, mentor and help develop Dahlin. There would be little pressure on Dahlin to be "the guy" and you can easy him in via the 3rd pairing, let him outplay a guy like Krug and then eventually in a few years when Chara calls it a career, Dahlin slides in to that #1 pairing w/ McAvoy.
    "The Next Generation"

But don't they actually have 2-3 years for him to become a #1?

I mean Chara can play another 2-3 years, mentor and help develop Dahlin. There would be little pressure on Dahlin to be "the guy" and you can easy him in via the 3rd pairing, let him outplay a guy like Krug and then eventually in a few years when Chara calls it a career, Dahlin slides in to that #1 pairing w/ McAvoy.
    My reasoning is that our core guys (under contract) will be pretty old in 3 years:

Chara will be 43
    Bergeron will be 35
    Marchand will be 32
    Krejci will be 34
    Backes will be 37

I'm thinking Pastrnak and McAvoy will be the new faces of the franchise at that point (not quite - but well up there). I guess that begs a question. Does this team have a "window?"

Haters gonna hate

My reasoning is that our core guys (under contract) will be pretty old in 3 years:

Chara will be 43
    Bergeron will be 35
    Marchand will be 32
    Krejci will be 34
    Backes will be 37

I'm thinking Pastrnak and McAvoy will be the new faces of the franchise at that point (not quite - but well up there). I guess that begs a question. Does this team have a "window?"
    You're right, but wouldn't Dahlin be an upgrade over Grz? Does Dahlin make this team better? If the time is ticking for the B's core, isn't this a move that is a win now/win later move?
    "The Next Generation"

Chara will be 43
    Bergeron will be 35
    Marchand will be 32
    Krejci will be 34
    Backes will be 37

I think exactly what you just stated is this teams window, at least for this core group of veterans it is 2-3 years. Fortunately for the Bruins there is a solid group of young centers to take over with JFK, Studnicka and Frederic all coming up in that relative time span. The way I see it is after this season there are 2 more years at a real cup run, then the last year of Backes deal is where the Bruins will slightly fall off and its 2 maybe 3 years of letting the young guys get acclimated for another push with a young core around 2021 or 2022.

It should/hopefully will be a quick turnaround with the way Sweeney and Co have been drafting but there will definitely be 1-3 years where they are a fringe playoff team or an early round exit if everything goes well.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

You're right, but wouldn't Dahlin be an upgrade over Grz? Does Dahlin make this team better? If the time is ticking for the B's core, isn't this a move that is a win now/win later move?
    Yes but you're also giving up 5 future pieces in that trade. Dahlin, as good as he looks, is still an unknown. I can't talk bad about Grz because he has been playing lights out lately. He's been such a huge factor in the team's success IMO. He stabilized that 3rd pair and even filled some of the holes of Krug's game, which has been showing more often than not during his little defense-slump.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    I think exactly what you just stated is this teams window, at least for this core group of veterans it is 2-3 years. Fortunately for the Bruins there is a solid group of young centers to take over with JFK, Studnicka and Frederic all coming up in that relative time span. The way I see it is after this season there are 2 more years at a real cup run, then the last year of Backes deal is where the Bruins will slightly fall off and its 2 maybe 3 years of letting the young guys get acclimated for another push with a young core around 2021 or 2022.

It should/hopefully will be a quick turnaround with the way Sweeney and Co have been drafting but there will definitely be 1-3 years where they are a fringe playoff team or an early round exit if everything goes well.
    I can definitely see what you are saying. I mean there is always a chance the core guys age gracefully. I think Bergeron will still be a great player at 35. Marchy might not be scoring 40 goals at 32, but he can still be effective. Krejci is the real doubt because of his injury concerns and obviously Backes due to his playing style.

It's an interesting thing to talk about. I would assume it also heavily depends on the progression of these young players. Who knows if they will be playing at an elite level by then, you know?

Haters gonna hate

Absolutely, I'm not nearly as worried about Bergy at 35 and Marchand at 32, as I am Chara and Backes being 43 and 37. Chara will likely be gone and we need a top pairing LHD when he leaves. Sweeney has the pieces to make the moves. Just curious to see if he lets the young defenders in the system develop or if they package a couple in a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Absolutely, I'm not nearly as worried about Bergy at 35 and Marchand at 32, as I am Chara and Backes being 43 and 37. Chara will likely be gone and we need a top pairing LHD when he leaves. Sweeney has the pieces to make the moves. Just curious to see if he lets the young defenders in the system develop or if they package a couple in a deal.
    Backes would be long gone by 37 years old. His contract is up in 2020-21, if I'm looking at this right. He'd be a free agent at 36.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Backes would be long gone by 37 years old. His contract is up in 2020-21, if I'm looking at this right. He'd be a free agent at 36.

Youre right, I just looked at shaizas post and rolled with it. He will be 36 in his last year of his deal.

Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post

Chara will be 43
    Bergeron will be 35
    Marchand will be 32
    Krejci will be 34
    Backes will be 37

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast