Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2017-2018 Boston Bruins/NHL News, Rumors, Discussion Thread

With the 2017-2018 NHL season underway, here is where we can now discuss anything related to the season.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

The Vegas Golden Knights have decided to go with Subban as their backup behind Fleury, and waived Calvin Pickard. Would anyone here be interested in Boston potentially claiming him? He played 50 games for the dumpster fire Colorado Avalanche last year before being taken by Vegas in the expansion draft. He's 25 years old, and could be a capable backup behind Tuukka. Thus, Khudobin would have to be waived.

Just curious on your thoughts.... Probably won't happen, but it was interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    The Vegas Golden Knights have decided to go with Subban as their backup behind Fleury, and waived Calvin Pickard. Would anyone here be interested in Boston potentially claiming him? He played 50 games for the dumpster fire Colorado Avalanche last year before being taken by Vegas in the expansion draft. He's 25 years old, and could be a capable backup behind Tuukka. Thus, Khudobin would have to be waived.

Just curious on your thoughts.... Probably won't happen, but it was interesting to me.
    I would be. The kid has talent and he showed when he has an actual team in front of him and not (as you put and I like very much (maybe my favorite phrase)) a dumpster fire of a team, that he can be a solid netminder. I don't think Boston claims him, but he's a guy that I'd like

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I would be. The kid has talent and he showed when he has an actual team in front of him and not (as you put and I like very much (maybe my favorite phrase)) a dumpster fire of a team, that he can be a solid netminder. I don't think Boston claims him, but he's a guy that I'd like
    I just find it funny that Vegas is willing to go with Subban as their backup when the guy has been pitiful in his 2 NHL starts, and been pretty average at the AHL level. At least Pickard has shown that he can be an NHL backup. He's probably not even a guy who makes it to Boston, but it'd be worth the claim to see.

Backes out 3-4 weeks with Diverticulitis.
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

So nasty

Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

Acciari out approximately 6 weeks after he fractured his left index finger on opening night. Does this open up a spot for Czarnik to get into the lineup, assuming he's cleared? Supposedly he's not injured, just dealing with a virus.

Bruins have recalled Danton Heinen from Providence and added Ryan White (RW/C) on a PTO. Both will be traveling with the team to Colorado.

@bruins_stats
    Beleskey and Schaller have the highest game scores with 0.8. Miller -0.2, Spooner -0.3 the worst. Not a good formula today.
    Beleskey, nash and schaller have been a solid 4th line out of the gate and obviously when Bergy comes back this team will have two solid lines at the top. The problem seems to be that we could be in the same situation as last year where we have a well below average 3rd line.

Bruins cannot afford to be in the same situation as last year where their 4th line was forced to play as their 3rd line. the Beleskey, Nash and Schaller line has really good 4th line potential, but the 3rd line needs to be addressed. Spooner is on thin ice.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Lol Nash is centering Marchand and pastrnak, while Spooner is centering beleskey and vatrano. Spooner is right back in Cassidy's dog house.

Crazy how important that center position is.

Spooner.....what a waste of a pick
    Unleash the Pasta!

Krug with a -3 last night but thank God he scored that garbage time goal to keep the bruins homers happy.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Krug with a -3 last night but thank God he scored that garbage time goal to keep the bruins homers happy.
    Krug hasn't looked right in the last couple of games but that was to be expected. He basically didn't have a preseason. I expect him to catch up though.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Krug hasn't looked right in the last couple of games but that was to be expected. He basically didn't have a preseason. I expect him to catch up though.
    Ya, I'm not concerned with Krug. I feel like most Bruins fans are losing their mind over 3 games and I don't know why. We're missing two of our top 6 forwards from last season, Krug is coming back from a broken jaw and we have a minimum of 3 rookies in the line-up every night so there are going to be growing pains.

IDK maybe fans just have unrealistic expectations of this team. Then again now that the sox are done the pink hats are starting to slide over until the NBA season starts.

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Ya, I'm not concerned with Krug. I feel like most Bruins fans are losing their mind over 3 games and I don't know why. We're missing two of our top 6 forwards from last season, Krug is coming back from a broken jaw and we have a minimum of 3 rookies in the line-up every night so there are going to be growing pains.

IDK maybe fans just have unrealistic expectations of this team. Then again now that the sox are done the pink hats are starting to slide over until the NBA season starts.
    The golden years of being a Bruins fan were the 3-4 seasons before they won the cup. Now it's just a bunch of people with limited knowledge of the game who likes to blame the goaltender for every single goal that gets scored. How I miss those days...

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    The golden years of being a Bruins fan were the 3-4 seasons before they won the cup. Now it's just a bunch of people with limited knowledge of the game who likes to blame the goaltender for every single goal that gets scored. How I miss those days...

The top two lines on this team will be fine and even the 4th line will be fine if it is actually allowed to play as a 4th line. Even when Bergy and Backes come back and fill their spots and push others down the totem pole, our 3rd line is still just as much of a black hole as it was last year. I just think the most frustrating part is the bruins knew going in to the off season knowing that their two biggest areas of need were a top end LHD and a 3rd line. These areas of need went entirely ignored and besides relying on a youth movement to spark this team, the two best additions were fringe guys in Agostino and Postma who will only play if theirs injuries.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast