Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Boston Bruins Official Season Opening GDT -- 10/05/2017 VS. Nashville Predators

HOCKEY IS BACK!

Bruins open the night at 7:00 PM EST versus the Nashville Predators. At the time of this, no word on whether Bergeron or Backes will be playing. Just update below with news as it comes out.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Off to a good start. Bergeron AND Backes ruled out for tonight. So the lines are as followed for now:

Debrusk Krejci Pastrnak
    Marchand Spooner Bjork
    Beleskey Kuraly Vatrano
    Schaller Nash Acciari

Chara Carlo
    Miller McAvoy
    Grzelcyk/Postma McQuaid

Rask

Wow no Bergeron or Backes?

Kind of surprised they didn't put Pasta w/ Spooner and Marchand since Spoons and Pasta have some chemistry (see what I did there?). Should be interesting and I'm so excited that hockey is back. I'm so happy I don't even care that the Patriots are playing tonight lol....

in other news I think I'm going to try and change my fantasy name...

"Bjork or Spooner to eat your Pasta"

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Bjork

everything was going well until that late goal

Pastrnak giveth and taketh away. Beauty PP goal for him, the assist coming from McAvoy; I think we'll be seeing that combination a lot haha. Then a brutal play off the faceoff that led to the NSH goal.

Anders Bjork is going to be a good one. He has some serious hockey IQ, and combining that with his speed, soft hands, and two-way ability? Look out. That touch pass to Carlo in the slot was awesome. Can't wait to watch him with Bergeron.

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Pastrnak giveth and taketh away. Beauty PP goal for him, the assist coming from McAvoy; I think we'll be seeing that combination a lot haha. Then a brutal play off the faceoff that led to the NSH goal.

Anders Bjork is going to be a good one. He has some serious hockey IQ, and combining that with his speed, soft hands, and two-way ability? Look out. That touch pass to Carlo in the slot was awesome. Can't wait to watch him with Bergeron.
    In the 20+ years I've been watching hockey, I've never been so fascinated watching a player. Every time I see him on the ice I just follow him with or without the puck and I'm just amazed watching him do all the little things. Bjork is like a combination of Bergeron/Pastrnak and what I mean by that:

Bergeron - defensive aware and just knows how to breakup plays/work the boards

Pastrnak - offensive gifted, smooth hands, great speed and can find the seem.

If he becomes even half of what Bergy is defensively and continues to show the offense he is, he'll be an elite superstar in this league.

That goal felt so good, just because of how much **** people give Sweeney about not picking based on the "expert" rankings

Great play to gryz to track down that puck and get it back up ice. Then great finish by Debrusk for his first goal. Heads up play by gryz tho.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

BTW not to get lost in all that, but that was Bjork's first career point

Debrusk has been impressive tonight. He has a very active stick and seems to be in the right place at the right time a lot. I swear he tipped the puck up to Krejci on the McAvoy goal (his first career NHL goal, 2nd point tonight). Maybe he didn't? I don't know...It looked to me he did, but they gave the 2nd assist to Kevan Miller.

Debrusk has been impressive tonight. He has a very active stick and seems to be in the right place at the right time a lot. I swear he tipped the puck up to Krejci on the McAvoy goal (his first career NHL goal, 2nd point tonight). Maybe he didn't? I don't know...It looked to me he did, but they gave the 2nd assist to Kevan Miller.
    I was thinking the same thing. I watched the replay frame my frame during intermission and it should be DeBrusk on the assist

As I posted that, NHL changed the assist to DeBrusk...not bad for a kid that was a reach and bust because we didn't take the sexy names

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    As I posted that, NHL changed the assist to DeBrusk...not bad for a kid that was a reach and bust because we didn't take the sexy names
    You can see the hockey sense is there. I know I mention it a lot for players, but it's so important. All world skill is nice but if you're dumb as a rock, you'll only get so far. He definitely has some high hockey IQ; Bjork as well. It will help them go a long way in their career.

You can see the hockey sense is there. I know I mention it a lot for players, but it's so important. All world skill is nice but if you're dumb as a rock, you'll only get so far. He definitely has some high hockey IQ; Bjork as well. It will help them go a long way in their career.
    If you look at the drafts under Sweeney you see a trend of high IQ player who can skate. Now its a huge plus if their a two way player, but that's what we've been targeting in recent years and ranking very high.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast