Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Ben Simmons for Kyle Kuzma, straight up? Nope, not taking that deal

Kuzma shows up, he's played 3 or 4 years of division college basketball... guy can shoot like Klay Thompson apparently... big, rangy, athletic, defends... all the attributes...

I mean holy ****, if (IF) Lonzo turns out to be this prodigy some predict, like another Lebron or something (which I gotta admit he looks bigger and stronger and more athletic against NBA competition that I thought he would)... AND we got the absolute steal of the draft in Kuzma, a guy who in retrospect should've gone #1 overall or at the very least top 3 overall...

I mean wow ok, that changes the calculations a bit. I mean this dude shows up and starts playing it makes me think that Randle and Ingram and Clarkson and Deng are a bunch of wankers

Wow

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Call it preseason .... fwiw

Laker Film Room‏ @LakerFilmRoom 2h2 hours ago

Kyle Kuzma is leading the NBA in scoring this preseason at 21.0 ppg. Next closest is at 17.5 ppg. His TS% is 75.9%. He's legit on tape too.
    SHOW

Kyle killa kuzma

Your baby can't do this

If Kuzma is good at anything, it's obviously scoring. What makes him so sexy is that he can score in two ways equally well: hit the open shot, including from distance, as well as attack. That's pretty rare these days.

It doesn't mean he doesn't have flaws, however. We badly, badly need scoring, but we also need rebounding and size and the ability to move the ball in the flow of the offense.

Is Kuz a steal? Yeah, at that draft pick he definitely is. But he's not the second coming of Michael Jordan.

The way Lakers fans (and too many in this forum) operate, the bar of expectations will now be raised out of reach, and in two months people will be calling him a bust. I'm just damn glad to have him, and I can't think of a better 'type' of player for Lonzo to have at his side. (Kuz is going to bail out Lonzo on a lot of possessions.)
    Butthurt Sssmush, because Russell got traded:

"Unless Ball is a superstar out of the box and Ingram legitamately happens...
    seriously we might lose 80 games I am not even joking...."

Superstar Brooklyn Nets stat-whore D'Angelo Russell:

"I wanted to play defense in L.A.," Russell said, "but I felt
    like I had to score every chance I got for us to be relevant."

Kuzma is a sexy mother ****er

Your baby can't do this

Im pretty sure if they called for kuz and offered simmons magic and Rob would do it in a heartbeat.

Dont know if serious or trolling but simmons upside is monstrous lol sure he can't shoot but neither could baby bron

Hell id give em randle and kuz for simmons. And im pretty pumped on kuz too.

Kuz reminds me of an offensive version of shawn marion tho. Like he can do a little bit of everything and is just a great glue guy. He could def be our draymon w a little more offensive capability than defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    Im pretty sure if they called for kuz and offered simmons magic and Rob would do it in a heartbeat.

Dont know if serious or trolling but simmons upside is monstrous lol sure he can't shoot but neither could baby bron

Hell id give em randle and kuz for simmons. And im pretty pumped on kuz too.

Kuz reminds me of an offensive version of shawn marion tho. Like he can do a little bit of everything and is just a great glue guy. He could def be our draymon w a little more offensive capability than defensive.
    He has all star potential. You can see it in his play this early on. Still a bit raw but he has big upside. I could see him averaging 20 points a game 1 day.

He's our starting power forward of the future.

Would you trade Kuzma for DBLO?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Kyle killa kuzma

I don't think his nickname should be KKK lol

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    You laugh you Kuz!

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Good point.

Or KK-47.

Maybe just Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz!

Quote Originally Posted by 42-15-7 View Post
    If Kuzma is good at anything, it's obviously scoring. What makes him so sexy is that he can score in two ways equally well: hit the open shot, including from distance, as well as attack. That's pretty rare these days.

It doesn't mean he doesn't have flaws, however. We badly, badly need scoring, but we also need rebounding and size and the ability to move the ball in the flow of the offense.

Is Kuz a steal? Yeah, at that draft pick he definitely is. But he's not the second coming of Michael Jordan.

The way Lakers fans (and too many in this forum) operate, the bar of expectations will now be raised out of reach, and in two months people will be calling him a bust. I'm just damn glad to have him, and I can't think of a better 'type' of player for Lonzo to have at his side. (Kuz is going to bail out Lonzo on a lot of possessions.)
    How can you be looking for faults right now? If anything that is weird head in the sand Laker forum behavior. An absolute verifiable gem falls right into our lap. We got the probable best player in the draft just feel good about it. I truly hope this kind of attitude doesnt affect how we use him. Kuzma is a DEFINITE lottery pick and just because we took him at 27 and didnt hype him and give him a tv show and everything, we should feature him and give him every opportunity going forward just like he was our #1 pick.

Objectively....

Kuzma >> Fultz
    Kuzma >> Tatum

etc

Josh Jackson there you have a question, but his game might take some time to get there.

Lonzo seems to be excellent so far but that is contingent on elite playmaking skills. If its about 3 point scoring ability...

I mean this doesnt look like a fluke. This kuzma guy shoots like Klay Thompson. There is just no substitute for that in today's NBA. We better not mess this up because it doesnt fit jeannie's publicity narrative.

LoL Ben Simmons is a spooky enigmatic player with a broken foot that played australian amateur ball and no one has seen play, still, except for a couple summer league games more than a year ago where he was, literally, the worst shooting player I have ever seem. Ever. He seemed unable to make a four footer unguarded. Bizarre. Pull the tape have a look. Super weird.

Kuzma looks like a Ray Allen type player already, a straight up weapon and can play D. If we try to pump the brakes on this we are idiots

Putting distance between him and Fultz
    Last edited by Sssmush; 10-05-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    How can you be looking for faults right now? If anything that is weird head in the sand Laker forum behavior. An absolute verifiable gem falls right into our lap. We got the probable best player in the draft just feel good about it. I truly hope this kind of attitude doesnt affect how we use him. Kuzma is a DEFINITE lottery pick and just because we took him at 27 and didnt hype him and give him a tv show and everything, we should feature him and give him every opportunity going forward just like he was our #1 pick.

Objectively....

Kuzma >> Fultz
    Kuzma >> Tatum

etc

Josh Jackson there you have a question, but his game might take some time to get there.

Lonzo seems to be excellent so far but that is contingent on elite playmaking skills. If its about 3 point scoring ability...

I mean this doesnt look like a fluke. This kuzma guy shoots like Klay Thompson. There is just no substitute for that in today's NBA. We better not mess this up because it doesnt fit jeannie's publicity narrative.

LoL Ben Simmons is a spooky enigmatic player with a broken foot that played australian amateur ball and no one has seen play, still, except for a couple summer league games more than a year ago where he was, literally, the worst shooting player I have ever seem. Ever. He seemed unable to make a four footer unguarded. Bizarre. Pull the tape have a look. Super weird.

Kuzma looks like a Ray Allen type player already, a straight up weapon and can play D. If we try to pump the brakes on this we are idiots

Putting distance between him and Fultz
    Looking for faults? It's not 'looking for faults' to point out that any player has pluses and minuses. The only people who don't are front-running fans who believe every player will be the next Super Jordan, only to then tear the player down when they fall short of expectations.

Give the kid some breathing room. I'm all for enthusiasm, but the very fact that you would characterize a clear, level-headed appraisal of Kuzma as 'looking for faults' means you have your head in the clouds or up your ***.

Is this 'looking for faults'? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow1VB2-HL7U

I'm a huge Kuz fan, which is precisely why I don't want to see ******** Laker fans keep raising the bar on him until he inevitably falls short.

As for your Ray Allen comparison, nobody feared Ray Allen on the defensive end, and if you didn't have legit threats to draw the double he was much less effective. I honestly think Kuz can grow a lot, but I'm willing to wait. Featuring him as our #1 player in his rookie year is nuts.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast