Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 147

Thread: Gerrymandering

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    517
    PA GOP offered a new gerrymander and Wolf rejected it. PA SC now gonna draw a map.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    91,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    PA GOP offered a new gerrymander and Wolf rejected it. PA SC now gonna draw a map.
    Lol

    I could imagine what they proposed.

    Here instead of ****, we have diarrhea for you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    11,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    yeah... it is bad and only getting worse...

    one of the funniest ones now is in California as the Senate primaries are no longer by party and the two top vote getters get to run in the general election even if they are from the same party...

    both parties want to rig the system... the repubs are just in a better position right now thanks to Obama's parties horrid showing in 2010
    that set up would actually will lead to more centrist politicians wining if republicans vote for the more moderate dem in the areas where dems have huge majorities, and the dems vote for the more moderate republican in places where the republicans have huge majorities. Open primaries would help with gridlock in our country.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    91,965
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    that set up would actually will lead to more centrist politicians wining if republicans vote for the more moderate dem in the areas where dems have huge majorities, and the dems vote for the more moderate republican in places where the republicans have huge majorities. Open primaries would help with gridlock in our country.
    Forget a centrist republican, they are as hard to find as Bigfoot. They are running the worst of the worst now it seems, literal nazis with no shame.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    9,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Forget a centrist republican, they are as hard to find as Bigfoot. They are running the worst of the worst now it seems, literal nazis with no shame.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speaking of someone with no shame. Can you actually look at yourself in the mirror while you're brushing your teeth these days? Geez!

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    91,965
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Speaking of someone with no shame. Can you actually look at yourself in the mirror while you're brushing your teeth these days? Geez!
    Yup, I know you donít though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    9,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yup, I know you donít though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean a totally get that, because I'm going around calling people racists and Nazis because they're for a different party. I see how you can make that observation about me.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    91,965
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I mean a totally get that, because I'm going around calling people racists and Nazis because they're for a different party. I see how you can make that observation about me.
    Says the man who thinks gays are beneath him.

    So keep trying to look in that mirror there pal, you really need to.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    9,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Says the man who thinks gays are beneath him.

    So keep trying to look in that mirror there pal, you really need to.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah...saw that comment coming as I was posting that reply. You and browski are as predictable as it gets.

    So you're comparing my religious beliefs to your all Republicans are racsist posts. Gotcha...makes sense.

    I beg you to find one post I have ever made that even insuniates that 'gay' people (as you call them) are beneath me. Just because I believe in the sanctuary of marriage does not in any circumstance make me feel that 'gay' people are beneath me.

    I've posted before that I employ a couple 'gay' guys, and they are the best employees I have and are awesome people. Never once would and never will disparage them for that. However, I disagree with their lifestyle.

    You however, enjoy calling all Republicans racist, bigits and idiots. Without even knowing them.

    So yeah, if you can look at yourself in the mirror with all of this ******** trolling you post, good for you. But you're only fooling yourself.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    79,940
    There are plenty of centrist republicans. The 2010 primaries chased a good many out of elected office but they are still there any many are disgusted with what their party has become.

    The ones that get posted all over Facebook and other social media for saying something Democrats think make Trump looks bad are those centrist Republicans. Letís reserve the superlatives and hyperbole for the correct time. Shall we?

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    91,965
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Yeah...saw that comment coming as I was posting that reply. You and browski are as predictable as it gets.

    So you're comparing my religious beliefs to your all Republicans are racsist posts. Gotcha...makes sense.

    I beg you to find one post I have ever made that even insuniates that 'gay' people (as you call them) are beneath me. Just because I believe in the sanctuary of marriage does not in any circumstance make me feel that 'gay' people are beneath me.

    I've posted before that I employ a couple 'gay' guys, and they are the best employees I have and are awesome people. Never once would and never will disparage them for that. However, I disagree with their lifestyle.

    You however, enjoy calling all Republicans racist, bigits and idiots. Without even knowing them.

    So yeah, if you can look at yourself in the mirror with all of this ******** trolling you post, good for you. But you're only fooling yourself.
    The one tryout to fool people is you, you are clearly a bias person who thinks of others as beneath you. I pointed that literally some nazis are running for office, thatís not racist but factual.

    Look into that mirror long and hard and then look at it some more and then continue to do it even more.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Lol

    I could imagine what they proposed.

    Here instead of ****, we have diarrhea for you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much.

    http://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/02...map_draft.html

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    11,270
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There are plenty of centrist republicans. The 2010 primaries chased a good many out of elected office but they are still there any many are disgusted with what their party has become.

    The ones that get posted all over Facebook and other social media for saying something Democrats think make Trump looks bad are those centrist Republicans. Letís reserve the superlatives and hyperbole for the correct time. Shall we?
    And considering the polarization, just getting to the point where we have more centrist (if not actual centrist) politicians is important. Fact is after these tax cuts and all this spending the two sides are going to have to come together and raise taxes and cut spending. That will be hard. Very hard. We need level headed people to do that. We will need people who put country over party and put country over getting reelected, because the masses are not going to reward politicians for doing the right thing there.

    An aside: It's one thing to run a deficit when the economy is tanking another entirely to run one when we are booming. What government reminds me of right now are the people who win the lotto, then spend so much thinking they are RIIIIICH! that they go bankrupt.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15,865
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Republicans have long been much more ruthless in terms of politicking. It's not even really a criticism from me...because frankly I'd love it if politicians I really liked and who fought for things I really support were so ruthless. Get **** done!

    I mean, I do draw some lines, of course. Gerrymandering is absolutely one of those lines. It's a direct undermining of our supposed representative democracy. It's been an incredibly effective apparatus for the Republicans of late. Really gives them a nice cushion to play with.

    My best friend in college was a poly sci major whose pet obsession was redistricting. He'd go around surveying students about it for projects he was working on and the number of people who didn't even know what "gerrymandering" or "redistricting" was always shockingly low. It's still something that's not covered nearly enough but it feels a bit more on the collective's consciousness. And as long as that trend continues I think we'll get closer and closer to figuring out a way to curb this all.

    So I do have some more optimism than you. I mean, I know that historically (especially those on the right in this Supreme Court) the courts don't really care to "interfere", but I see a bit of a tide turning. No better evidence than my state. We'll see though. Some of these liberal justices need to make sure they don't trip and fall anytime in the next two years Then we'd really be screwed.
    I hope you are right but Pennsylvania is playing out just like I said it would

    Legislature sends new map to Governor

    Governor rejects

    SC is gonna draw new map

    Legislature will take it to the supreme court because the State SC is overstepping based on separation of powers...

    will they be successful? I have no idea but it will definitely finally force the US Supreme Court to take a position on whether the courts can interject their judgement for that of the legislature.

    If you are a nerdy constitutionalist you gotta love this stuff

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15,865
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    that set up would actually will lead to more centrist politicians wining if republicans vote for the more moderate dem in the areas where dems have huge majorities, and the dems vote for the more moderate republican in places where the republicans have huge majorities. Open primaries would help with gridlock in our country.
    nah... it will just lead to majority party rule... we are to far gone from a partisanship standpoint to ever get back to people looking at issues

    just think how lazy branding has become in our society... people don't want to think for themselves anymore.

    A new party would have to emerge and that won't happen for a variety of reasons

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •