Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Gerrymandering

PA GOP offered a new gerrymander and Wolf rejected it. PA SC now gonna draw a map.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    PA GOP offered a new gerrymander and Wolf rejected it. PA SC now gonna draw a map.
    Lol

I could imagine what they proposed.

Here instead of ****, we have diarrhea for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    yeah... it is bad and only getting worse...

one of the funniest ones now is in California as the Senate primaries are no longer by party and the two top vote getters get to run in the general election even if they are from the same party...

both parties want to rig the system... the repubs are just in a better position right now thanks to Obama's parties horrid showing in 2010
    that set up would actually will lead to more centrist politicians wining if republicans vote for the more moderate dem in the areas where dems have huge majorities, and the dems vote for the more moderate republican in places where the republicans have huge majorities. Open primaries would help with gridlock in our country.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    that set up would actually will lead to more centrist politicians wining if republicans vote for the more moderate dem in the areas where dems have huge majorities, and the dems vote for the more moderate republican in places where the republicans have huge majorities. Open primaries would help with gridlock in our country.
    Forget a centrist republican, they are as hard to find as Bigfoot. They are running the worst of the worst now it seems, literal nazis with no shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Forget a centrist republican, they are as hard to find as Bigfoot. They are running the worst of the worst now it seems, literal nazis with no shame.

Speaking of someone with no shame. Can you actually look at yourself in the mirror while you're brushing your teeth these days? Geez!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Speaking of someone with no shame. Can you actually look at yourself in the mirror while you're brushing your teeth these days? Geez!
    Yup, I know you donít though.

Yup, I know you donít though.

I mean a totally get that, because I'm going around calling people racists and Nazis because they're for a different party. I see how you can make that observation about me.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

I mean a totally get that, because I'm going around calling people racists and Nazis because they're for a different party. I see how you can make that observation about me.
    Says the man who thinks gays are beneath him.

So keep trying to look in that mirror there pal, you really need to.

Says the man who thinks gays are beneath him.

So keep trying to look in that mirror there pal, you really need to.

Yeah...saw that comment coming as I was posting that reply. You and browski are as predictable as it gets.

So you're comparing my religious beliefs to your all Republicans are racsist posts. Gotcha...makes sense.

I beg you to find one post I have ever made that even insuniates that 'gay' people (as you call them) are beneath me. Just because I believe in the sanctuary of marriage does not in any circumstance make me feel that 'gay' people are beneath me.

I've posted before that I employ a couple 'gay' guys, and they are the best employees I have and are awesome people. Never once would and never will disparage them for that. However, I disagree with their lifestyle.

You however, enjoy calling all Republicans racist, bigits and idiots. Without even knowing them.

So yeah, if you can look at yourself in the mirror with all of this ******** trolling you post, good for you. But you're only fooling yourself.

There are plenty of centrist republicans. The 2010 primaries chased a good many out of elected office but they are still there any many are disgusted with what their party has become.

The ones that get posted all over Facebook and other social media for saying something Democrats think make Trump looks bad are those centrist Republicans. Letís reserve the superlatives and hyperbole for the correct time. Shall we?

Yeah...saw that comment coming as I was posting that reply. You and browski are as predictable as it gets.

So you're comparing my religious beliefs to your all Republicans are racsist posts. Gotcha...makes sense.

I beg you to find one post I have ever made that even insuniates that 'gay' people (as you call them) are beneath me. Just because I believe in the sanctuary of marriage does not in any circumstance make me feel that 'gay' people are beneath me.

I've posted before that I employ a couple 'gay' guys, and they are the best employees I have and are awesome people. Never once would and never will disparage them for that. However, I disagree with their lifestyle.

You however, enjoy calling all Republicans racist, bigits and idiots. Without even knowing them.

So yeah, if you can look at yourself in the mirror with all of this ******** trolling you post, good for you. But you're only fooling yourself.
    The one tryout to fool people is you, you are clearly a bias person who thinks of others as beneath you. I pointed that literally some nazis are running for office, thatís not racist but factual.

Look into that mirror long and hard and then look at it some more and then continue to do it even more.

Lol

I could imagine what they proposed.

Here instead of ****, we have diarrhea for you.

Pretty much.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/02...map_draft.html

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There are plenty of centrist republicans. The 2010 primaries chased a good many out of elected office but they are still there any many are disgusted with what their party has become.

The ones that get posted all over Facebook and other social media for saying something Democrats think make Trump looks bad are those centrist Republicans. Letís reserve the superlatives and hyperbole for the correct time. Shall we?
    And considering the polarization, just getting to the point where we have more centrist (if not actual centrist) politicians is important. Fact is after these tax cuts and all this spending the two sides are going to have to come together and raise taxes and cut spending. That will be hard. Very hard. We need level headed people to do that. We will need people who put country over party and put country over getting reelected, because the masses are not going to reward politicians for doing the right thing there.

An aside: It's one thing to run a deficit when the economy is tanking another entirely to run one when we are booming. What government reminds me of right now are the people who win the lotto, then spend so much thinking they are RIIIIICH! that they go bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Republicans have long been much more ruthless in terms of politicking. It's not even really a criticism from me...because frankly I'd love it if politicians I really liked and who fought for things I really support were so ruthless. Get **** done!

I mean, I do draw some lines, of course. Gerrymandering is absolutely one of those lines. It's a direct undermining of our supposed representative democracy. It's been an incredibly effective apparatus for the Republicans of late. Really gives them a nice cushion to play with.

My best friend in college was a poly sci major whose pet obsession was redistricting. He'd go around surveying students about it for projects he was working on and the number of people who didn't even know what "gerrymandering" or "redistricting" was always shockingly low. It's still something that's not covered nearly enough but it feels a bit more on the collective's consciousness. And as long as that trend continues I think we'll get closer and closer to figuring out a way to curb this all.

So I do have some more optimism than you. I mean, I know that historically (especially those on the right in this Supreme Court) the courts don't really care to "interfere", but I see a bit of a tide turning. No better evidence than my state. We'll see though. Some of these liberal justices need to make sure they don't trip and fall anytime in the next two years Then we'd really be screwed.
    I hope you are right but Pennsylvania is playing out just like I said it would

Legislature sends new map to Governor

Governor rejects

SC is gonna draw new map

Legislature will take it to the supreme court because the State SC is overstepping based on separation of powers...

will they be successful? I have no idea but it will definitely finally force the US Supreme Court to take a position on whether the courts can interject their judgement for that of the legislature.

If you are a nerdy constitutionalist you gotta love this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    nah... it will just lead to majority party rule... we are to far gone from a partisanship standpoint to ever get back to people looking at issues

just think how lazy branding has become in our society... people don't want to think for themselves anymore.

A new party would have to emerge and that won't happen for a variety of reasons

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast