Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I feel it would be hard to prove anything with this Puason kid.

Also, how much of this is Hart involved with? Hart has basically been right by Coppy's side. I find it hard to believe he knew nothing.
    I agree, and he made a statement on how dissapointed he was with Coppy, I mean, really? He didn't know?

Everyone knew Maitan was going to sign with the Braves like a year before he was declared a free agent, obviously the Braves were in contact with him, like every team with every international prospect, they all have a verbal agreement in place before July 2. I know that it is the right thing to say to the media but is also hypocresy. If those things costed Coppy his job, Hart should also resign, if he doesn't, my theory that it was an inside job and it was a complot to get Coppy off the Braves will be even stronger in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I agree, and he made a statement on how dissapointed he was with Coppy, I mean, really? He didn't know?

Everyone knew Maitan was going to sign with the Braves like a year before he was declared a free agent, obviously the Braves were in contact with him, like every team with every international prospect, they all have a verbal agreement in place before July 2. I know that it is the right thing to say to the media but is also hypocresy. If those things costed Coppy his job, Hart should also resign, if he doesn't, my theory that it was an inside job and it was a complot to get Coppy off the Braves will be even stronger in my mind.
    Starting to think this as well. Hart said they don't expect them to lose any players. He seems pretty confident. If Coppy resigning was enough punishment to satisfy MLB, you might be onto something.

That's what I have been saying, I think someone from inside tiped off the MLB. Just from things I have read from his meeting with Waters and them knowing things Coppy said and some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    That's what I have been saying, I think someone from inside tiped off the MLB. Just from things I have read from his meeting with Waters and them knowing things Coppy said and some other stuff.
    Plus Coppy supposedly losing his temper during the draft. Definitely some inside tips happening.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Nationalsí Mike Rizzo recommended right-hand man Doug Harris for Bravesí GM opening
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.067207668cfc

The article points a good point in that Hart did work with him. If not Moore I could see it being Harris.

Also:

DOBrienAJC
    Talked, texted w/ numerous past & present #Braves employees today, none defended Coppy. Most said situation had steadily deteriorated.

"No leadership skills whatsoever," one said. And if you disagreed, said another, you got fired.

Plus Coppy supposedly losing his temper during the draft. Definitely some inside tips happening.
    Why'd he loose his temper in the draft? Someone gone that he wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.067207668cfc

The article points a good point in that Hart did work with him. If not Moore I could see it being Harris.

Also:

DOBrienAJC
    Damn, No one def need him? He might have been fired without the investigation.

I've had a thought on maitan. We as fans knew like a year and a half before he signed that he was going to be a Brave. There's no way MLB didn't know and they let it slide because everyone does that. I don't see Maitan going anywhere, too many other teams have done the same thing.

With all the talk about it being an inside man and that man not wanting to ho down with Copy....... wtf does he think he just did? What team is going to employe him/ her now? And best believe the Braves already have a very small list of who it could be!

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    With all the talk about it being an inside man and that man not wanting to ho down with Copy....... wtf does he think he just did? What team is going to employe him/ her now? And best believe the Braves already have a very small list of who it could be!
    Probably Billy Ryan. He and Coppy didn't get a long, then Coppy reassigned him to special assistant to general manager, he was director of baseball operations. Just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Why'd he loose his temper in the draft? Someone gone that he wanted?
    I'm not sure why. Just read that something happened and caused him to lose his temper.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Seems like the international scouting violations were the public reason given for Coppy's resignation, but obviously a lot more going on as well. Hart is just as responsible since he was supposedly working side by side with him for a while, that is if he got away from the golf course.

Many teams are employing similar tactics in international scouting, but since other execs seemed to have disliked Coppy so much I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone outside the organization in addition to the internal strife that caused the downfall.

Seems like Dayton Moore is a name thrown around, but the good news is it should be an appealing job in some regards. I just don't know if I fully trust Hart making the decision. Liberty Media owns the Braves but don't even have an interest in the games and view them as an asset. Maybe Schuerholz will have a little more influence or a new outside voice would be better for the organization.

DOB saying Dayton Moore will have the job if he wants it but he would likely want to be GM and President.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

DOB saying Dayton Moore will have the job if he wants it but he would likely want to be GM and President.
    I'd like Hart to stay on more than I'd like Dayton Moore to come here. I like Moore, but he hasn't really done well with the Royals the last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    I've had a thought on maitan. We as fans knew like a year and a half before he signed that he was going to be a Brave. There's no way MLB didn't know and they let it slide because everyone does that. I don't see Maitan going anywhere, too many other teams have done the same thing.
    Yeah, even in the MLBpipeline, which is MLB property, in the top 30 international prospects, below players scouting report there is a "favorite to sign" how tf is supossed to be a favorite to sign when the dude is 15 years old and like a year away from even entertaining any offers?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast