Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Uh oh. Maitan could be declared a free agent according to Jeff Passan
    Man, that's ridiculous, Maitan isn't the first prospect that was expected to sign with a certain team months before July 2, I mean, it happens every single year. Is like if MLB was saying, if something illegal happens and we don't see it then it didn't happen. If Maitan is declared a free agent because of this, then almost every international prospect signed should be.

Never liked Coppolella anyway. He had a strange and abrasive nature, and you could tell he would be a pain to work with. If he was cheating then good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Never liked Coppolella anyway. He had a strange and abrasive nature, and you could tell he would be a pain to work with. If he was cheating then good riddance.
    It looks like he was way too aggresive and wanted to succeed so bad that he made some bad decisions. Not trying to be Coppy's lawyer or anything but baseball, like most professional sports aren't completely transparent, Coppy probably was "cheating" as much as 90% of every other team GM does, in that Passan article there is a parragaph that says:

"Some baseball lifers wondered how a Notre Dame graduate with no playing experience wound up in a GM chair at 36 years old, some from those who disliked the fashion in which he did, relentlessly networking and trying to leverage himself into jobs through media contacts".

To me, that sound like some people became jealous of him and snitch those "illegal moves", some people in the business didn't like him because he was persistent? There's another sentence in that article that says:

"it dovetails with Coppolella's modus operandi as GM, in which his assertiveness multiple GMs still recoil at the 2,000-plus word text message he has sent- soured them"

In my opinion, barring some other news, Coppy was a great GM, he cared a lot and was willing to do anything for this team even if he had to put dirt on his hand. We lost a good one.

The rumor is Coopy/Braves where paying for an apartment that Maitan was living in well before we signed him. If true thats a big thing and WAY worse than the stuff the Red Sox did.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    The rumor is Coopy/Braves where paying for an apartment that Maitan was living in well before we signed him. If true thats a big thing and WAY worse than the stuff the Red Sox did.
    I think it's the fact that the Braves and not the redox, dodgers, or Yankees did it.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I think it's the fact that the Braves and not the redox, dodgers, or Yankees did it.
    The Red Sox just paid guys over that 300K limit by grouping them with a lesser guy. The rumor is we paid a kid well before we signed him. Red Sox lost all of the guys they signed doing that, if these rumors are true then Maitan will be going. Plus I expect more than just that as well.

Hart did say he didn't think they would lose players in his presser he had today, so thats some hope. Although he won't come out and say if they will anyways.
    Last edited by Wrench; 10-02-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Man, I tell you, is not uncommon in the DR to do that, teams do it all the time, they even support entire families for a year before signing the contract, it obviously looks bad (paying for an apartment) but here and in Vzla people are so poor that teams use that kind of leverage all the time, paying for things before a sign.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Braves fans, I went ahead and separated this out from the news thread because it is huge news and is going to make waves throughout your organization and MLB. I really need someone to step up and help create threads for big news, instead of it being in all of the "catch all" threads. If people see these topics with threads of their own, the chances increase for them to sign up to talk about them. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
    Thanks TT.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    It looks like he was way too aggresive and wanted to succeed so bad that he made some bad decisions. Not trying to be Coppy's lawyer or anything but baseball, like most professional sports aren't completely transparent, Coppy probably was "cheating" as much as 90% of every other team GM does, in that Passan article there is a parragaph that says:

"Some baseball lifers wondered how a Notre Dame graduate with no playing experience wound up in a GM chair at 36 years old, some from those who disliked the fashion in which he did, relentlessly networking and trying to leverage himself into jobs through media contacts".

To me, that sound like some people became jealous of him and snitch those "illegal moves", some people in the business didn't like him because he was persistent? There's another sentence in that article that says:

"it dovetails with Coppolella's modus operandi as GM, in which his assertiveness multiple GMs still recoil at the 2,000-plus word text message he has sent- soured them"

In my opinion, barring some other news, Coppy was a great GM, he cared a lot and was willing to do anything for this team even if he had to put dirt on his hand. We lost a good one.
    I agree, I thought he was a really good GM who made a bunch of really stellar moves (with only one real blemish which was moving Alex Wood and others for Olivera.

It might be a common thing, but seems we got caught. It seems Coppy got under someones skin and they called up the MLB and left an anonymous tip about things he was doing.

I just really hope we don't lose Maitan. That would be really ******.

It might be a common thing, but seems we got caught. It seems Coppy got under someones skin and they called up the MLB and left an anonymous tip about things he was doing.
    Yeah, I just find it so hypocrite from the MLB standpoint, they are punishing us for not hiding it well enough, "you can make any illegal maneuvers you want, you just have to hide well".

Man I'm pissed, even if we don't lose Maitan, I fell bad for Coppy. Is like you said, it looks like he ****ed with the wrong guy.

B
    The Red Sox just paid guys over that 300K limit by grouping them with a lesser guy. The rumor is we paid a kid well before we signed him. Red Sox lost all of the guys they signed doing that, if these rumors are true then Maitan will be going. Plus I expect more than just that as well.

Hart did say he didn't think they would lose players in his presser he had today, so thats some hope. Although he won't come out and say if they will anyways.
    Quick question...... had any of the redsox prospects, played in their system when the ruling was made?

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Yeah, I just find it so hypocrite from the MLB standpoint, they are punishing us for not hiding it well enough, "you can make any illegal maneuvers you want, you just have to hide well".

Man I'm pissed, even if we don't lose Maitan, I fell bad for Coppy. Is like you said, it looks like he ****ed with the wrong guy.
    It might of come from someone inside the Braves FO. Remember those reports awhile back about a power struggle? Some talk today with all of this is someone inside the Braves FO was saying it had become toxic in the FO and hoped all of this wouldn't take them all down.

Damn.... add Drew Warters to the investigation! Per talking chop

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast