Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

John Coppolella resigns amid MLB probe

Coppy to resign today. I really thought he was doing a great job. I wonder if this was voluntary or if he was forced out.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Coppy to resign today. I really thought he was doing a great job. I wonder if this was voluntary or if he was forced out.
    Sounds like he was being investigated by MLB for a breach of international signing rules.

Ken_Rosenthal
    BREAKING: #Braves GM John Coppolella expected to resign today, sources tell The Athletic.

Resignation of Coppolella believed to stem in part from issues with #Bravesí talent acquisition in Latin America.

Special assistant to the GM Gordon Blakeley also involved in issues #Braves are facing, sources tell The Athletic.

#Braves special asst Blakeley also resigning, sources tell The Athletic. MLB investigating team for circumvention of intíl signing rules.

#Braves confirm Coppolella resignation, citing breach of rules in international market.
    Ugh now what else is going to happen. Didn't the Red Sox loose some players they signed for the same type of thing?

JeffPassan
    Sources: Major League Baseball has been investigating Braves GM John Coppolella in recent weeks. @Ken_Rosenthal says he plans on resigning.

Numerous issues with John Coppolella came up as the league looked into the situation. At least one anonymous complaint was filed with MLB.

The Braves organization has been a wasteland of infighting in recent weeks, according to numerous sources. Chaos centered around Coppolella.

Early on in investigation, little evidence had been found to corroborate a number of accusations levied against Coppolella, per sources.

MLB was looking into everything from Braves' int'l operations to its domestic draft to Coppolella's treatment of Braves employees.

To put it mildly, John Coppolella was not well-liked among his peers. Well-loathed would be more accurate. A lot of schadenfreude right now.

Before the Dayton Moore rumor mill gets to warp speed, know this: The Braves' GM job, especially if Hart goes, is exceedingly coveted.

It's undeniable that under John Coppolella's watch the Braves' farm system grew into one of the game's best. Very well-positioned to win.
    Seems there isn't no issues on that front via Passan, it's more that he was just an *** maybe.

Braves News

Everyone knew Coppy was an ***, but he was an *** who was good at his job.

Wow this is surprising and pretty unfortunate. Coppy must really be a mega *******. I've listened to a few of his one on one interviews and he comes off like a soft spoken nice guy. Hopefully we can find a good replacement. I would imagine this job will be coveted. A strong farm system and some solid young talent on the MLB roster. Hopefully we don't lose any players over this. My first thought when I hear Venezuela market mentioned is Kevin Maitan.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 10-02-2017 at 02:00 PM.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

I agree, Maitan was the first thought to come to mind. I don't know if they can take players we have already in our system ( as that is a diss service to the player as well), but we maybe 👀 at fines, loss of slot money, and loss of picks in the future if this is true. Damn!

Whoever takes the job, I hope is willing to continue what Coppy started, player development wise. I don't want someone coming in who wants to win now so bad he trades a Albies, Acuna, Allard, Gorarah, Wright, Maitan, Patch, Newcomb, Swanson, among others, for a vet, Not named Mike Trout.

As I said before Red Sox lost players when this happened to them

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/187317...tional-rights/

I think Maitan is safe but guys we signed the next year might not be.

Crazy stuff. I hope that Hart remains on board, he has been a much a part of the rebuild as Coppy was. He's old, but he could help keep things steady as they transition. It's too bad he was an *** and violated rules because he was a pretty solid GM (except for that Olivera trade, that was really bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    As I said before Red Sox lost players when this happened to them

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/187317...tional-rights/

I think Maitan is safe but guys we signed the next year might not be.
    Well if it's anything like what the Red Sox did it will only affect players that were signed while we were restricted to the 300k limit. So not Maitan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Well if it's anything like what the Red Sox did it will only affect players that were signed while we were restricted to the 300k limit. So not Maitan.
    Yea thats what I was saying, would be some of these guys

Asmin Bautista, of, Dominican Republic
    Oscar Nunez, rhp, Dominican Republic
    Geraldo Santana, of, Dominican Republic
    Estarlin Rodriguez, rhp, Dominican Republic
    Joel Reyes, of, Dominican Republic
    Henry Quintero, of, Cuba
    Kimberling Encarnacion, of, Dominican Republic
    Eudi Asencio, rhp, Dominican Republic
    Edwin Jimenez, lhp, Dominican Republic
    Eric Jimenez, rhp, Dominican Republic
    Juan Lozano, rhp, Colombia
    Jose Hernandez, of, Venezuela
    Charbel Hadad, of, Venezuela
    Angel Rojas, ss, Dominican Republic

mlbbowman
    Hart made it clear these are MLB rules violations that would not be deemed criminal activity.

Not sure what this means, not sure if he is talking jail time type stuff or any MLB ruling type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    mlbbowman

Not sure what this means, not sure if he is talking jail time type stuff or any MLB ruling type stuff.
    Looking into it I think he meant jail time like what happened to White Sox director of player personnel Dave Wilder who was sent to jail for two years for kickbacks.

I'm kind of worried. Coppy rebuild the Braves farm system to a top system in the league I really would hate to see someone come in and start tearing it apart to fit their own views on how the system should be built. That would really set the Braves rebuild back a few years

RIP Gene Wilder

Braves News

Sounding worse and worse

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast