Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Wow! That's pretty low, Met's gotta good deal..I think our lineup still better than their's...

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Mets sign Todd Frazier to a two-year, $17M contract. He got waaaaaay less than I expected.
    Everyone on this forum shot me down when I mentioned Frazier...we'll see who turns out to be the better deal. I certainly think Longoria is a better player, but it was also probably the biggest risk of the offseason to loose Arroyo and take on a 32 year old with so many years left on his contract. Hope it works out for us!

Quote Originally Posted by 4GiantWarrior9 View Post
    Wow! That's pretty low, Met's gotta good deal..I think our lineup still better than their's...
    We definitely have a better lineup then the Met's as of now. Our rotations are pretty even though, they've got some solid arms.

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    Everyone on this forum shot me down when I mentioned Frazier...we'll see who turns out to be the better deal. I certainly think Longoria is a better player, but it was also probably the biggest risk of the offseason to loose Arroyo and take on a 32 year old with so many years left on his contract. Hope it works out for us!
    At that contract I would've been just fine with him. I just didn't think his price would come down that much.

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    We definitely have a better lineup then the Met's as of now. Our rotations are pretty even though, they've got some solid arms.
    True, we'll see how some of them bounce back..except Harvey, he's definitely toast..

I can't believe I thought Longoria was signed only through 2019. 2022? Please Lord let him be the exception that plays at least to his cost in those last 3 years.

We're still expected to improve more this season. Here are Steamers projections of the amount of additional wins teams are expected to get this year vs last year:

+20 Giants
    +12 Mets
    +9 Phillies
    +8 Blue Jays
    +7 Angels

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I can't believe I thought Longoria was signed only through 2019. 2022? Please Lord let him be the exception that plays at least to his cost in those last 3 years.
    He signed a really team friendly extension with Tampa so I'm confident he'll play up to it. It's especially nice since the Rays are basically paying for a year of the remaining contract for us.

The Wasserman agency announced Wednesday that it has “terminated” its relationship with Yasiel Puig. The news, obviously, comes as a surprise given that Puig is a fairly high-profile client that stands to receive a raise on his $7.5MM salary next winter, via arbitration, before reaching free agency as a 28-year-old upon conclusion of the 2019 season. J.P. Hoornstra of the Southern California News Group tweets that, at present, it does not seem that Puig has an agent representing him.

It’s not clear what exactly prompted the decision to cut ties with Puig, though SB Nation’s Chris Cotillo tweets that the issue related to Puig’s behavior. He further adds that it’s unlikely the Dodgers will take any sort of action. Andy McCullough of the L.A. Times tweets a similar sentiment.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...siel-puig.html

hmm. maybe because he is a piece of ***** human being?

Cubs signed Darvish to a 6 year deal. He’ll be 38 when it ends lol

Great pitcher at what is basically below market price.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Market for Arrieta just became a little clearer, and less expensive
    Last edited by RamOG; 02-10-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I've been reading about collusion theory within the ranks of the MLBPA. While collusion may be possible, I doubt it. I believe the reason so many free agents remain unsigned is rooted in simple mathematics. GM's are beginning to understand that past ( in prime) performance does not guarantee future (past prime) success. Too many Zito/Pujols type contracts hamstringing future payroll maneuverability.

Players seem to be leaving their prime at earlier ages now than in the past. They even seem to be declining earlier than during the pre-steroid era.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by Sfgiants101 View Post
    Cubs signed Darvish to a 6 year deal. He’ll be 38 when it ends lol
    opt-out after two.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast