Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 146 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Yankees have said they are going to be under the luxury tax this year and are fully committed to Bird being their first baseman next year.

Giants will have to eat a ton of money to trade Belt, especially for someone like Frazier (who I think is overrated). But perhaps they do. I also think Chris Shaw is nothing special. Giants fans get irritated at Belt for striking out, boy will they be in for something with Shaw.
    I too think Shaw is getting more hype than he deserves. People want to quickly get rid of Belt, who's a pretty good player, for someone we have no idea what we're going to get. If he was at least a high rated prospect, I could get understand the reasoning, but he's not.

Don't get me wrong, Shaw put up admirable numbers in the minors, but nothing eye opening and for sure nothing good enough to push Belt out of first. He went from a .723 OPS in AA in 2016 to an .879 OPS at the same level in 2017 in 37 games, to a .858 OPS in AAA the rest of the season. Belt put up a 1.036 OPS in AA and .975 OPS in AAA the follow year.

Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    I keep hearing, what probably won't happen, what realistically won't happen, etc. I've said what we should do and I'm told, won't happen. Well, someone tell me, what should we do to get back into contention? what can we do that will get us back into contention? With the current state of this club, with all the recent suggestions, does anyone think these will get us another ring?

Personally I'm on the side of waiting one more year before trading off major pieces. Belt, Crawford, Cueto, Melancon, even Pence are expected to have bounce back seasons. We'll have a full year of Bum, Smith, and Dyson. Stratton looked more than qualified to round out the rotation at the end of the season.

I'd like to get rid of Span altogether, but that won't happen. Reasonably he should be platoon because he can't hit lefties.

Names that I've come across but don't know of their availability include Josh Reddick, Jake Marisnick, Kevin Pillar, Ender Inciarte, Stephen Piscotty, Albert Almora, Michael Brantley, Lonnie Chisenhall, Jarrod Dyson, Michael A. Taylor, Josh Harrison. Though they all have their faults.

As a consolation to Stanton, Cespedes is another name I came across. I have no idea if they'd be wiling to deal plus he'll be a free agent after 2018. Just a name I'm throwing out for discussion purposes.

Or taking a risk on Carlos Gonzalez, though he doesn't really fit into our defensive positional plans.

i like Inciarte for Center and leadoff, but i don't know why the Braves would trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I too think Shaw is getting more hype than he deserves. People want to quickly get rid of Belt, who's a pretty good player, for someone we have no idea what we're going to get. If he was at least a high rated prospect, I could get understand the reasoning, but he's not.

Don't get me wrong, Shaw put up admirable numbers in the minors, but nothing eye opening and for sure nothing good enough to push Belt out of first. He went from a .723 OPS in AA in 2016 to an .879 OPS at the same level in 2017 in 37 games, to a .858 OPS in AAA the rest of the season. Belt put up a 1.036 OPS in AA and .975 OPS in AAA the follow year.
    I agree. None of our so called "top 3 prospects" excite me one bit.

Beede still has a ways to go. Shaw, as you mentioned above. Arroyo is a good player but we already have Arryo at 2b with Joe Panik. Can't have both on the infield.

Wouldn't be mad if any of the three are traded.

I like Taylor but he strikes out a ton

What does everybody think about the Japanese kid that can hit and pitch. His YouTube video is insane!

Definitely intriguing but the unfortunate thing is the Giants can only offer up to $300,000.

Quote Originally Posted by giants#25 View Post
    What does everybody think about the Japanese kid that can hit and pitch. His YouTube video is insane!
    he clocks in at 100 mph, and he can hit.

The hype on japanese players for the most part has held true. Daisuke aside, Ichiro was very good, Hideki Matsui was good, masahiro Tanaka has been good.

This guy is probably the real deal, but it looks like he's ticketed for the AL with the ability to DH.

Plus, the giants are the LA Clippers when it comes to signing international free agents, from asia, the DR, or Cuba.. They are happy with Daniel Carbonell, etc...

Rafael Rodriguez never made it to AA ball. Villalona killed a guy. Gustavo Cabrera got Affeldted
    Fox was traded. It reads like the spring training roster of the Cleveland Indians in Major League.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

We spent the money on Fox, then didnít we include him in Matt Moore trade? Now we spent all are salary cap money? I donít get it...
    I would think weíd be favorable location for japanese players.

Yeah we're only able to offer up to $300,000.

Yeah, I understand we donít have money for players. I just donít get why we spent the whole bank already.
    When do we get to pass Go again? Collect are 200$

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeWalker View Post
    I just donít get why we spent the whole bank already.
    IIRC, the old way was basically a use it or lose it system, so the Giants used their money then had to spend 2 years on a $300k timeout.

We signed Fox in July 2015 so our two years should be up, I'm not sure why we're still capped at $300k.

Giants need Stanton.

ďMaybe one of these days I won't fail Ē - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by giants#25 View Post
    I like Taylor but he strikes out a ton
    Michael Taylor from Nationals? Could be a good get but Nats will ask for a ton.

The more I think about it there are quite a few CF's that might be available, problem is that asking prices are going to be very high.

So in other words, goodbye Joe Panik for Kevin Pillar. Wouldn't be surprised if that is all we do this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Michael Taylor from Nationals? Could be a good get but Nats will ask for a ton.

The more I think about it there are quite a few CF's that might be available, problem is that asking prices are going to be very high.

So in other words, goodbye Joe Panik for Kevin Pillar. Wouldn't be surprised if that is all we do this offseason.
    I'd ****ing hate that.

Page 4 of 146 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast