Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    I don't think JD Martinez will be a fit here. They plan on moving Span to left, Pence in right, and want to upgrade their defense and Martinez is not a good defensive OF.

Iíd take any of the Brewers outfielders over ours, even Braun.

What about having span and pence platoon left field. It would be expensive platoon but might keep them both healthy. Plus we can upgrade 2 positions.

Quote Originally Posted by giants#25 View Post
    What about having span and pence platoon left field. It would be expensive platoon but might keep them both healthy. Plus we can upgrade 2 positions.
    It's not a bad idea at all but I don't see the team doing that, unfortunately.

I thought the exact same thing but realistically it won't happen, unfortunately. I love the idea though. Gives us two open spots in the OF.

It makes a ton of sense.

I believe the Yankees would be the best trade partner for belt. Maybe get Frazier and somebody else. The need a 1st baseman.

I believe the Yankees would be the best trade partner for belt. Maybe get Frazier and somebody else. The need a 1st baseman.
    Frazier's a free agent.

Will they even be interested in a first baseman with Bird at first?

He was brought up as one of their top prospects, he's still 24 (25 in November), posted good numbers during his rookie season, had an injury riddled season this year but posted good power numbers at the end, and his having himself a nice Postseason. I could be wrong, but I don't see them being in the running for a first baseman at the moment.

People seem to overlook or forget about Slater. .282 with a 172 ABs isn't too shabby and he's shown some pop and was hitting .338 during the final month of the season. I'd be comfortable with him manning left field next season keeping Span in center. 3rd and 1st could be where the real power comes from. Mike Moustakas could be a nice pick up at 3rd although this past season's power could just be an anomaly or could it be the juiced balls the MLB has been using? I wouldn't mind trading for Logan Morrison, who could be had since they have Lucas Duda as well.

1. Denard Span - CF
    2. Joe Panik - 2B
    3. Mike Moustakas - 3rd
    4. Buster Posey - C
    5. Hunter Pence - RF
    6. Logan Morrison - 1st
    7. Brandon Crawford - SS
    8. Austin Slater - LF
    9. Pitcher

Not 3b Frazier the rookie OF frazier

If theyre gonna trade belt just put shaw back at 1st.

Not 3b Frazier the rookie OF frazier
    Oh that's right. Forgot about him.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    People seem to overlook or forget about Slater. .282 with a 172 ABs isn't too shabby and he's shown some pop and was hitting .338 during the final month of the season. I'd be comfortable with him manning left field next season keeping Span in center. 3rd and 1st could be where the real power comes from. Mike Moustakas could be a nice pick up at 3rd although this past season's power could just be an anomaly or could it be the juiced balls the MLB has been using? I wouldn't mind trading for Logan Morrison, who could be had since they have Lucas Duda as well.

1. Denard Span - CF
    2. Joe Panik - 2B
    3. Mike Moustakas - 3rd
    4. Buster Posey - C
    5. Hunter Pence - RF
    6. Logan Morrison - 1st
    7. Brandon Crawford - SS
    8. Austin Slater - LF
    9. Pitcher
    Slater in his limited time was just meh. You gotta look at more than just batting average which tells you very little.

.282/.339/.402, .323 wOBA/100 wRC+

He hit .338 in June and .235 in September/October but in a minuscule 5 AB's.

Good on base ability but little power. I'd rather have him out there than Span though. Span's defense is just bad.

Where'd Belt go? He's a supremely better player than Morrison.

I keep hearing, what probably won't happen, what realistically won't happen, etc. I've said what we should do and I'm told, won't happen. Well, someone tell me, what should we do to get back into contention? what can we do that will get us back into contention? With the current state of this club, with all the recent suggestions, does anyone think these will get us another ring?

Yankees have said they are going to be under the luxury tax this year and are fully committed to Bird being their first baseman next year.

Giants will have to eat a ton of money to trade Belt, especially for someone like Frazier (who I think is overrated). But perhaps they do. I also think Chris Shaw is nothing special. Giants fans get irritated at Belt for striking out, boy will they be in for something with Shaw.

Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast