Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Todd Frazier would be a terrible pickup and the opposite of what Giants have said to be prioritizing. Just my .02

I can see Evans targeting Aaron Hicks, though.
    Not sure how I'd feel about him. Late bloomer and fell off after returning from the DL. I'd just be wary.

Cain, Frazier, Hicks....no thanks on all three of them.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Not sure how I'd feel about him. Late bloomer and fell off after returning from the DL. I'd just be wary.
    Oh i definitely wouldn't want Hicks, just saying its the type of player the Giants would target.

Guys that I would imagine should be on Evans list:

Incinarte
    Kevin Pillar
    Kiermaier

But given what the Nationals gave up for Eaton, I doubt we have what it takes to get any of the above three.And I would hate to trade Panik/ Beede for any of those three.

Hence, I see us getting an Aaron Hicks type player.

I'm prepared to have a very emotional and pissed off offseason.

Well, the silk purse machine is starting up I see.

Oh i definitely wouldn't want Hicks, just saying its the type of player the Giants would target.

Guys that I would imagine should be on Evans list:

Incinarte
    Kevin Pillar
    Kiermaier

But given what the Nationals gave up for Eaton, I doubt we have what it takes to get any of the above three.And I would hate to trade Panik/ Beede for any of those three.

Hence, I see us getting an Aaron Hicks type player.

I'm prepared to have a very emotional and pissed off offseason.

lol. Maybe they can take a flier on Pablo Sandoval. Low risk... half hearted attempt to address a weakness.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

I wouldn't mind seeing what the A's would want for Ryon Healy. They have another young 3rd basemen in Matt Chapman and the A's love young pitchers. Maybe a package of that includes Beede or Cave. Really anyone in the system except Krook.

Go indians!!!

Nick Costellanos should be someone Giants should target

Nick Costellanos should be someone Giants should target
    The bat would be nice, but he's pretty awful defensively.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...eldingadvanced

I have no clue what this team is going to do. They want to focus on defense, but who is out there that will improve the defense? IF is set, OF is no good, but they're going to be bad if they play both Span and Pence at the corners. I'm not optimistic for there plan and am worried next year will be more of the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing what the A's would want for Ryon Healy. They have another young 3rd basemen in Matt Chapman and the A's love young pitchers. Maybe a package of that includes Beede or Cave. Really anyone in the system except Krook.

I think A's want to move Healy to 1B/DH due to his ****** defense.

I do think we should really watch closely between the Marlin-Giants trade talks. I think we may go after 2 OF from them (Stanton & either Ozuna or Yelich) and Marlins might be helpful in helping us take Span contract (only 1 year left). I also think Belt is on trading block. If we can work a 3-team trade with us, Marlins & 3rd team (for Belt) we could possibly end up with some good offensive pieces. I really think Chris Shaw (BAT) is close MLB level. Just imagine a lineup

2B - Gordon
    LF - Yelich
    C - Posey
    RF - Stanton
    SS - Crawford
    3B - Arroyo
    1B - Sandoval
    CF - Gorkys Hernandez
    P -

I was gonna throw Shaw in that lineup but he will probably be at AAA. I also think if you can trade Panik & Belt you may be able to keep Arroyo. Again its gonna be an interested off-season to see what Giants & CO. will do.

Quote Originally Posted by PatelJ1010 View Post
    I do think we should really watch closely between the Marlin-Giants trade talks. I think we may go after 2 OF from them (Stanton & either Ozuna or Yelich) and Marlins might be helpful in helping us take Span contract (only 1 year left). I also think Belt is on trading block. If we can work a 3-team trade with us, Marlins & 3rd team (for Belt) we could possibly end up with some good offensive pieces. I really think Chris Shaw (BAT) is close MLB level. Just imagine a lineup

2B - Gordon
    LF - Yelich
    C - Posey
    RF - Stanton
    SS - Crawford
    3B - Arroyo
    1B - Sandoval
    CF - Gorkys Hernandez
    P -

I was gonna throw Shaw in that lineup but he will probably be at AAA. I also think if you can trade Panik & Belt you may be able to keep Arroyo. Again its gonna be an interested off-season to see what Giants & CO. will do.
    I don't see us getting Stanton, let alone Stanton, Gordon, AND Yelich or Ozuna. Let's be realistic. I think there are other teams who can take on the money plus offer better assets than us for Stanton alone.

I hope Stanton happens, but I'd say it's ultimately a pipe dream.

I'd rather have Panik than Gordon. A big reason why is that Gordon is owed $38.5M over the next three seasons while MLBTR projects Panik to make $3.5M in arbitration and will probably be cheaper throughout Gordon's contract. We wouldn't be gaining a noticeable uptick in production to justify the significant payroll increase.

Not to mention Gorkys and Pablo aren't going to be starting. At least I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I don't see us getting Stanton, let alone Stanton, Gordon, AND Yelich or Ozuna. Let's be realistic. I think there are other teams who can take on the money plus offer better assets than us for Stanton alone.

I hope Stanton happens, but I'd say it's ultimately a pipe dream.

I'd rather have Panik than Gordon. A big reason why is that Gordon is owed $38.5M over the next three seasons while MLBTR projects Panik to make $3.5M in arbitration and will probably be cheaper throughout Gordon's contract. We wouldn't be gaining a noticeable uptick in production to justify the significant payroll increase.

Not to mention Gorkys and Pablo aren't going to be starting. At least I hope not.
    Yes a big pipe dream. Reason why I was thinking they may trade Panik is if Miami is cutting salary Panik is someone they may want. Gordon can be a Leadoff hitter and a player that can set the table and get into scoring position. We don't have a leadoff hitter that can get on base and steal bases (Span had 12 SB). Dream scenario would be Stanton, Ozuna, & Gordon but I can't see that happening at all.

I read somewhere on B/R that Milwaukee has a surplus of Outfielders and might be worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by PatelJ1010 View Post
    Yes a big pipe dream. Reason why I was thinking they may trade Panik is if Miami is cutting salary Panik is someone they may want. Gordon can be a Leadoff hitter and a player that can set the table and get into scoring position. We don't have a leadoff hitter that can get on base and steal bases (Span had 12 SB). Dream scenario would be Stanton, Ozuna, & Gordon but I can't see that happening at all.

I read somewhere on B/R that Milwaukee has a surplus of Outfielders and might be worth considering.
    I could believe that. They've got Braun, Broxton, Santana, and Brinson. I'd imagine they'd like to move Braun. I like Santana, though his defense his subpar and the Giants want to improve their defense so I just talked myself out of that one.

Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast