Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake22 View Post
    ok. I get that, but we are talking about a team that rarely goes for the best out there. We have seen this year in and year out. Why would it change now. I am just going off the usual deals they make. They will end up with a Jon jay in CF and Todd Frazier. That is just what they do.

I really think Carlos Gonzalez fits their MO. A guy that is cheap and has high reward if he returns to form. Getting Stanton would totally go against what they have always done. That is why everyone says it is a pipe dream.
    To keep a revenue stream. As the club is now, it is unlikely we will return to championship form anytime soon and getting Stanton "could" make the wait longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I understand that this team rarely gets the big guy and that getting Stanton is a pipe dream. I've continually said it myself that it's very unlikely.

But I don't see how that how to do with this post and Hamilton though 🤷🏻.
    I was just simply saying that Hamilton fits their profile. Fans would want a well rounded guy but they always look for the guy that "could" be good. I personally think Hamilton will be cheaper and could allow a larger contract.( i.e. Stanton). Do I think Hamilton is the best CF out there? Absolutely not. Do I think he is the best option? No. I just think that is something Evans will do.

Let's say Evans trades Belt. Wherever...... They do get Stanton, and a CF. why not go after Todd Frazier? He could fill in at both corners. provides a power bat behind Stanton and could bring some good clubhouse vibe.. We need RH power bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Anyone read this piece in NY Post from Joel Sherman? Has a few trade ideas that are purely speculative but somewhat interesting.

1.) Yankees send Starlin Castro, Tyler Austin and Luis Cessa to the Giants for Joe Panik.
    2.) Marlins get Christian Arroyo, Seth Corry from the Giants, and Ian Happ and Ben Zobrist from the Cubs; the Giants get Stanton; and the Cubs get Johnny Cueto.

I see where he is coming at, but hard to see either one taking place.

The Panik trade would mean Giants lose their defense and youth. Unless they put Castro at 3rd and move Arroyo to 2b. Arroyo profiles better as a 2b anyways.

The Marlins/Cubs/Giants trade is actually kind of interesting.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/11/trades-...ake-this-week/
    Even though I think JC could be on the decline, our pitching staff would be almost unwatchable.

We may not have to deal many prospects for Stanton depending on the money the team is willing to absorb. That's why we're in the race.

I still wouldn't move Posey to first if Belt is traded. He's too valuable at catcher.
    My thought is, the Marlins want good prospects for the future as they are rebuilding. They certainly are going to want something they feel they can build on. The Giants are the draw back in this chain. It's not all about money for them, they want players.

Interesting. with his power, Fenway couldn't hold him like most other parks. I would think STL would be more appealing. But I do understand why he would prefer the coast.

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake22 View Post
    I was just simply saying that Hamilton fits their profile. Fans would want a well rounded guy but they always look for the guy that "could" be good. I personally think Hamilton will be cheaper and could allow a larger contract.( i.e. Stanton). Do I think Hamilton is the best CF out there? Absolutely not. Do I think he is the best option? No. I just think that is something Evans will do.

Let's say Evans trades Belt. Wherever...... They do get Stanton, and a CF. why not go after Todd Frazier? He could fill in at both corners. provides a power bat behind Stanton and could bring some good clubhouse vibe.. We need RH power bats.
    Oh ok. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    My thought is, the Marlins want good prospects for the future as they are rebuilding. They certainly are going to want something they feel they can build on. The Giants are the draw back in this chain. It's not all about money for them, they want players.

They also want to significantly cut payroll by around $25M which is, coincidentally (?), what Stanton is set to earn in 2018. Will they get both? I don't know.

Stanton ultimately can dictate where he wants to go since he holds a full NTC. They may not get the players they really want.

Report came out Stanton wouldn't approve a trade to STL or Boston.

Lets go. He wants to be a Giant.

Make it happen Bobby.

Hamilton makes sense if they add someone like Stanton. As he improves the defense, gives them some speed, etc. And Stanton picks up the offense Hamilton doesn't give you.

Hamilton by himself is a pass for me. Our offense is putrid already and he's one of the few outfielders who hits worse than what we already have

The Giants have at times given signals of going big for Stanton (or another expensive player) or instead trying to stay under the luxury tax line. But it seems the organization is engaged with the Marlins in earnest. Per MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro, via Twitter, the clubs are discussing Giants prospect Heliot Ramos as a possible element of a hypothetical return for Stanton. San Francisco is joined by at least three others in chasing the slugger at this point, he adds. (Those looking for subtle signals will also note that Giants GM Bobby Evans and Marlins president of baseball ops Michael Hill were spotted on a joint foyer foray this morning, as John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle tweets.) Jon Heyman of Fan Rag, meanwhile, hears at least seven clubs have shown some level of interest in Stanton, noting that the Marlins front office is “encouraged” by the early dialogue. Front office sources from other organizations framed things a bit differently; ESPN.com’s Buster Olney tweets that there’s a perception that the Marlins are seeking a “shockingly high” package for the rights to pay Stanton at a premium rate, particularly since his deal includes an opt-out clause. Importantly, per Heyman, Miami is said to be open to hanging on to some of Stanton’s contract. Additionally, the team is focused on achieving value rather than on getting young pitching, specifically.
    MLBTR https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...s-tuesday.html

Heliot Ramos I wouldn't mind dealing. Its gonna take awhile before he develops anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by PatelJ1010 View Post
    MLBTR https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...s-tuesday.html

Heliot Ramos I wouldn't mind dealing. Its gonna take awhile before he develops anyways.
    Trade Heliot Ramos, Christian Arroyo and Austin Slater for Stanton
    Trade Tyler Beede and Hunter Strickland for Jackie Bradley Jr
    Sign cheap corner infielder like Trevor Plouffe

If this is true the only really competitors for Stanton's service may be all the "West Coast" teams.

Not keeping my hopes high until I find a report that says "Giants Acquire Stanton," as a Giants Fan Giants usually find a way to come up short.

If anyone remembers the year Vladimir Guerrero became a FA (after 2003 season) all the headlines that came were the Giants were close to signing Free Agent Vladimir Guerrero from the Montreal Expos, but instead he signed with the Angels (Jan. 14). Barry Bonds and Vladimir Guerrero would of been a deadly #3/#4 hitters if that only happen.

I refuse to let myself get excited about Stanton. It would be incredible though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Two different trade scenarios.
    My bad, I thought it was a two step 4 team insanity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    Hamilton makes sense if they add someone like Stanton. As he improves the defense, gives them some speed, etc. And Stanton picks up the offense Hamilton doesn't give you.

Hamilton by himself is a pass for me. Our offense is putrid already and he's one of the few outfielders who hits worse than what we already have
    I agree with this.
    Kings

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast