Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 106 of 146 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2184
    Watch us get Cargo or Bautista.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Giants should just trade Beede or Shaw plus Garrett Williams and a low level prospect for Cutch (if that's on the table)

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Watch us get Cargo or Bautista.

I'd actually be okay with that if no more than 2-3 years for Cargo and no more than 1 year for Bautista.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

If the reds insist on Ramos, is there anyone else on their team that you guys would want to include with Hamilton that you think would make it worth it?

Duvall or Schebler

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    If the reds insist on Ramos, is there anyone else on their team that you guys would want to include with Hamilton that you think would make it worth it?
    Maybe Joey Votto if the Reds also ate 80% of that contract.

Well, I'm happy Bruce went to NY. I hope they all go elsewhere except SF. It looks like the players may force us to do the things we should be doing anyway. We now have a pile of money playing 3B that won't improve our fortunes all that much and gave away the guy that should have that spot to boot. Worried about revenue stream? Then stop throwing away money. It's as though we are looking for anyone to come and take our dollars. Yes, there will be a time I will want this but this isn't the time. Stockpiling our dollars and prospects should be the only thing on our minds. Trying to spend our way out of the hole is not the way. Again, we have a few pieces we might use to gain what I would hope could be some good young kids but of course, the answer has always been no. I can see spending a few dollars here and there but we are not even close to being contenders. All we are going to do is throw away our money on players who will not get us much further down the road than we are now. I don't even know what we are trying to do here. You need a plan, a course of action. We can't even get players to come to SF for whatever reason. Take those few assets we have, turn them into hopefully good prospects and build from within. I don't think we have any other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd actually be okay with that if no more than 2-3 years for Cargo and no more than 1 year for Bautista.
    Spliff, my good friend and mentor. I don't want any of these has beens. Let's build our club strong, from the ground up. I know it's going to take time. Won't have to take on other people's drift wood.

It seems like the asking price the Reds have for Hamilton is about the same as the asking price the Pirates have for McCutchen. So why would we even be exploring Hamilton still. Yea he has legs for days, but he's one of the weakest starting players in the game. I'll take the guy with the career .866 OPS vs the guy with the career .632 OPS regardless of if he's a few years younger.

With McCutchen the Giants would be right up against the lux tax line, so they'd have to shed a little bit more salary in order to stay under, and then stick to minor league acquisitions for the rest of the offseason. But I think Duggar and a minor league contract for a good defensive centerfielder will be just fine for centerfield if we have Cutch in left or right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    Votto

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    It seems like the asking price the Reds have for Hamilton is about the same as the asking price the Pirates have for McCutchen. So why would we even be exploring Hamilton still. Yea he has legs for days, but he's one of the weakest starting players in the game. I'll take the guy with the career .866 OPS vs the guy with the career .632 OPS regardless of if he's a few years younger.

With McCutchen the Giants would be right up against the lux tax line, so they'd have to shed a little bit more salary in order to stay under, and then stick to minor league acquisitions for the rest of the offseason. But I think Duggar and a minor league contract for a good defensive centerfielder will be just fine for centerfield if we have Cutch in left or right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Votto