Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    The Dodgers are indeed in the mix for Giancarlo Stanton, according to a source.

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/930566040248991744

Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    Hamilton makes sense if they add someone like Stanton. As he improves the defense, gives them some speed, etc. And Stanton picks up the offense Hamilton doesn't give you.

Hamilton by himself is a pass for me. Our offense is putrid already and he's one of the few outfielders who hits worse than what we already have
    I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd more ok with it in this scenario. I'm just afraid that he'll bat lead off if we acquire him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake22 View Post
    The Dodgers are indeed in the mix for Giancarlo Stanton, according to a source.

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/930566040248991744
    They seem like a lock.

Evans says they're open to moving Pence to a part-time role if needed.

"Our focus is center field, and we've got to do everything we can to upgrade the defense," Evans said from the MLB general managers meetings in Orlando. "If that moves Pence into more of a part-time role, we have to be prepared for that.

"Hunter's not a part-time kind of guy, but we have to do everything we can to be better out there -- and be open-minded."
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...giants-gm-says

Wow, Iím surprised they admit it.

I'm mixed about all this Stanton speculation. Yeah he'd be great to have in the lineup, but he alone won't bring us back from last place to the playoffs. This team needs more than him, and I'm not convinced they're ready to make a bunch of (probably expensive) moves, and take on his massive contract at the same time.

Seems we get lots of 'we're in on Stanton (etc)' talk from the GM's every off season, but mostly end up with far less.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    I'm mixed about all this Stanton speculation. Yeah he'd be great to have in the lineup, but he alone won't bring us back from last place to the playoffs. This team needs more than him, and I'm not convinced they're ready to make a bunch of (probably expensive) moves, and take on his massive contract at the same time.

Seems we get lots of 'we're in on Stanton (etc)' talk from the GM's every off season, but mostly end up with far less.
    I agree with you that he is a massive contract, and the fact that Luxury Tax is a No-No. But our issue is producing easy runs, we haven't had anyone since Barry Bonds (30+ Homers). Our Ballpark plays a huge factor on that and its getting to a point that even with pitching you need hitting as well.

Belt was suppose to be the Power guy but he can never stay healthy enough (he could easily hit 20+ homers)

Quote Originally Posted by PatelJ1010 View Post
    I agree with you that he is a massive contract, and the fact that Luxury Tax is a No-No. But our issue is producing easy runs, we haven't had anyone since Barry Bonds (30+ Homers). Our Ballpark plays a huge factor on that and its getting to a point that even with pitching you need hitting as well.

Belt was suppose to be the Power guy but he can never stay healthy enough (he could easily hit 20+ homers)
    No question Stanton fills a team need. But a guy like him adds a dimension to the lineup that (I would think) needs certain bits & pieces around him to support what he brings. This team has more holes than just adding one power hitter to turn it around. And I just don't see the Giants running out signing/trading (spending) for the guys they'd need to get it done right.

Signing Stanton and calling it an off season, ala Melancon last year, ain't gonna cut it. I'm all for it if they can do it. But go all the way and do it right or don't do it at all.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

I'm late to the lineup game, but here goes.

LF Pence/Span
    1B Belt
    RF Stanton
    C Posey
    SS Crawford
    2B Panik
    3B Arroyo/Sandoval
    CF Hamilton

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    No question Stanton fills a team need. But a guy like him adds a dimension to the lineup that (I would think) needs certain bits & pieces around him to support what he brings. This team has more holes than just adding one power hitter to turn it around. And I just don't see the Giants running out signing/trading (spending) for the guys they'd need to get it done right.

Signing Stanton and calling it an off season, ala Melancon last year, ain't gonna cut it. I'm all for it if they can do it. But go all the way and do it right or don't do it at all.
    I agree with you on that. We all know they can do it.. question is will they?? I think they have to get Stanton and a CF. No question about it. If they aren't going to put whatever it takes to make that happen, might as well save up for next years FA class. We will not be able to keep up in our division.

If we get Stanton and or Hamilton I can see belt being traded. Ideally it would be better if it was pence or span, more so pence. We're gonna need span as lead off.

Unless our new batting coach can do wonders with Hamilton like the Houston lineup

As we all sit here and drool on how it would be great to get Stanton... Lets come back to the Bay area. Evans and Sabean do not deal for big bats. If the Dodgers are involved like the reports have said, that is a no brainer. Stanton would love to play in LA, and he holds the cards. The Bobby Evans move is to get Hamilton, JBJ, and a 3rd baseman. Someone like Frazier cause fans want power. That is his answer.

Quote Originally Posted by giants#25 View Post
    If we get Stanton and or Hamilton I can see belt being traded. Ideally it would be better if it was pence or span, more so pence. We're gonna need span as lead off.
    If we're going to trade Belt we need someone better in return than Hamilton, especially since we'll then be relying on a guy who's never played a major league game in CHris Shaw. I'd say Belt for J Bradley Jr is the most realistic one I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake22 View Post
    As we all sit here and drool on how it would be great to get Stanton... Lets come back to the Bay area. Evans and Sabean do not deal for big bats. If the Dodgers are involved like the reports have said, that is a no brainer. Stanton would love to play in LA, and he holds the cards. The Bobby Evans move is to get Hamilton, JBJ, and a 3rd baseman. Someone like Frazier cause fans want power. That is his answer.
    If we sign Frazier would we loose a draft pick? If so, I'm very against it.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast