Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I've never thought that. I've always liked him.
    I've met him he's an awesome guy in person. On social media he's a little twit. Sometimes it's necessary because people tend to ask stupid questions. A lot of times its not necessary and would be easier to just answer the question. It's not just him though, Baggs is the same way. I stop following Baggs a long time ago, though, mainly because the dude is always off and works like 20 games a year.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Hamilton CF (Trade Duggar/Slater + SP prospect not named Beede)
    Belt 1b
    Posey C
    Stanton RF
    Crawford ss
    Pence/Span LF
    Joe Panik 2b
    Arroyo/Pablo 3b
    I'd rather keep Duggar over Hamilton. But since we're already doing the lineup that won't become. Here is mine:

LF- Span/Pence
    2b- Panik
    RF- Stanton
    C- Posey
    SS- Crawford
    LF- JBJ
    1b - Shaw/Posey (with Hundley catching)
    3b- Arroyo

Posey would would have to protect Stanton. Otherwise pitchers would just pitch around Stanton.
    Last edited by Lincecum4CY; 11-13-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Anyone read this piece in NY Post from Joel Sherman? Has a few trade ideas that are purely speculative but somewhat interesting.

1.) Yankees send Starlin Castro, Tyler Austin and Luis Cessa to the Giants for Joe Panik.
    2.) Marlins get Christian Arroyo, Seth Corry from the Giants, and Ian Happ and Ben Zobrist from the Cubs; the Giants get Stanton; and the Cubs get Johnny Cueto.

I see where he is coming at, but hard to see either one taking place.

The Panik trade would mean Giants lose their defense and youth. Unless they put Castro at 3rd and move Arroyo to 2b. Arroyo profiles better as a 2b anyways.

The Marlins/Cubs/Giants trade is actually kind of interesting.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/11/trades-...ake-this-week/

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Anyone read this piece in NY Post from Joel Sherman? Has a few trade ideas that are purely speculative but somewhat interesting.

1.) Yankees send Starlin Castro, Tyler Austin and Luis Cessa to the Giants for Joe Panik.
    2.) Marlins get Christian Arroyo, Seth Corry from the Giants, and Ian Happ and Ben Zobrist from the Cubs; the Giants get Stanton; and the Cubs get Johnny Cueto.

The Panik trade would mean Giants lose their defense and youth. Unless they put Castro at 3rd and move Arroyo to 2b. Arroyo profiles better as a 2b anyways.

I read that too.

Regarding the Stanton trade, if that did happen, I'd imagine trading Cueto would free up money to sign a quality pitcher because we'd need a viable replacement.

I read that too.

Regarding the Stanton trade, if that did happen, I'd imagine trading Cueto would free up money to sign a quality pitcher because we'd need a viable replacement.
    We'd need to unload Belt to free up cash bc Stanton is making 25 mill while Cueto is making 21 million. But I agree we'd need to sign a reliable #3 starter with Shark moving up to the #2 slot. I don't trust Stratton/Blach yet.

I think it's a good trade for Miami and Giants but Cubs might need to get a prospect in addition to Cueto if they are taking on that contract + giving up Happ. Perhaps Cory goes to Cubs and Miami gets Beede instead of Arroyo since they are looking for pitching help.
    Last edited by Lincecum4CY; 11-14-2017 at 12:13 AM.

i've always felt castro is way overrated though...

just me?

Arroyo would be a Marlin in that scenario.

Not crazy at all. Hamilton of course is the significantly better base runner and defender of three, but I'm strictly talking about hitting. Their career numbers are very similar.

One is Hamilton, one is Gorkys, and one is Arias.

.248/.298/.334, .280 wOBA/71 wRC+

.265/.293/.350, .280 wOBA/76 wRC+

.234/.303/.330, .279 wOBA/72 wRC+

Who is who?

Out of 289 qualified hitters from 2014-2017 (his first four full seasons), Hamilton ranks 282nd in wOBA and 283rd in wRC+. He's been better than only Gordon Beckham, Andrew Romine, Ryan Goins, Omar Infante, Nick Ahmed, Alexi Amarista, and Caleb Joseph.

We don't need that type of hitter leading off. We need quality hitters at the top of the lineup.

ok. I get that, but we are talking about a team that rarely goes for the best out there. We have seen this year in and year out. Why would it change now. I am just going off the usual deals they make. They will end up with a Jon jay in CF and Todd Frazier. That is just what they do.

I really think Carlos Gonzalez fits their MO. A guy that is cheap and has high reward if he returns to form. Getting Stanton would totally go against what they have always done. That is why everyone says it is a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Arroyo would be a Marlin in that scenario.
    Two different trade scenarios.

Apparently Heilot Ramos is being discussed in Stanton trade.

I'd rather keep Duggar over Hamilton. But since we're already doing the lineup that won't become. Here is mine:

LF- Span/Pence
    2b- Panik
    RF- Stanton
    C- Posey
    SS- Crawford
    LF- JBJ
    1b - Shaw/Posey (with Hundley catching)
    3b- Arroyo

Posey would would have to protect Stanton. Otherwise pitchers would just pitch around Stanton.
    It scares me to have two guys with relatively no major league experience at both corners, but I agree that this is probably the most ideal lineup that we'll be able to get this offseason. In a perfect world we'd also be able to land a deal free agent at one of the corners like Trevor Plouffe at third or someone like Yonder Alonso at first.

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake22 View Post
    ok. I get that, but we are talking about a team that rarely goes for the best out there. We have seen this year in and year out. Why would it change now. I am just going off the usual deals they make. They will end up with a Jon jay in CF and Todd Frazier. That is just what they do.

I really think Carlos Gonzalez fits their MO. A guy that is cheap and has high reward if he returns to form. Getting Stanton would totally go against what they have always done. That is why everyone says it is a pipe dream.
    I understand that this team rarely gets the big guy and that getting Stanton is a pipe dream. I've continually said it myself that it's very unlikely.

But I don't see how that how to do with this post and Hamilton though 🤷🏻.

Guys, the Stanton get doesn't make sense to me. We don't have the kind of prospects they would want for him. The Cards are better off here than we are. And the prospects who we do think are good, shouldn't we keep them? Our farm is poor and getting Stanton would make it even worse. For one guy, and I'm not sure he could get us back to the playoffs without a lot more help, we rid ourselves of what future we may have. We would then be in the business of trying to buy championships and we all know, we would lose that battle. Hamilton over Span, yes. Also, it's time to move Posey to first if Belt is on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    Guys, the Stanton get doesn't make sense to me. We don't have the kind of prospects they would want for him. The Cards are better off here than we are. And the prospects who we do think are good, shouldn't we keep them? Our farm is poor and getting Stanton would make it even worse. For one guy, and I'm not sure he could get us back to the playoffs without a lot more help, we rid ourselves of what future we may have. We would then be in the business of trying to buy championships and we all know, we would lose that battle. Hamilton over Span, yes. Also, it's time to move Posey to first if Belt is on his way out.
    We may not have to deal many prospects for Stanton depending on the money the team is willing to absorb. That's why we're in the race.

I still wouldn't move Posey to first if Belt is traded. He's too valuable at catcher.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast