Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 430
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    34,492
    I'd like to get Bradley. It'd suck losing Belt but it would make sense.

    He's controlled through 2019.

    If the Red Sox sign Martinez and the Giants strike a deal for Bradley giving up Belt, would we still be in play for Stanton?

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    At the moment, at my computer
    Posts
    12,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I'd like to get Bradley. It'd suck losing Belt but it would make sense.

    He's controlled through 2019.

    If the Red Sox sign Martinez and the Giants strike a deal for Bradley giving up Belt, would we still be in play for Stanton?
    I would think that we'd have to loose MORE than just Belt for Bradley. I think it's a pretty even trade between the two players, but when you factor in the money that Belt is making vs the affordable contract of Bradley, I think the Giants would have to throw in a player like Strickland or possibly even Beede. But it definitely makes sense as a deal, Bradley is a great defender and would be awesome at AT&T, and Belt would hit 30 homeruns at Fenway if he stayed healthy and is two years younger and better overall player than Mitch Moreland, their current first baseman.

    I keep hearing a lot of rumors about the Red Sox going for Stanton too. Hopefully they go for a free agent power hitter like JD Martinez or Jay Bruce instead, and then we can swoop in and make the trade for Bradley and score Stanton as well.

    But I'd say the Giants first priority should be Stanton. Once they make that trade, I'd love to see Bradley but could also see them trading for a Yankee outfielder like Brett Garner or Jacoby ellsbury, or signing a lesser tier free agent like Austin Jackson or Cameron Maybin.
    Last edited by xander; 11-12-2017 at 10:01 PM.




  3. #243
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,061
    Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    I would think that we'd have to loose MORE than just Belt for Bradley. I think it's a pretty even trade between the two players, but when you factor in the money that Belt is making vs the affordable contract of Bradley, I think the Giants would have to throw in a player like Strickland or possibly even Beede. But it definitely makes sense as a deal, Bradley is a great defender and would be awesome at AT&T, and Belt would hit 30 homeruns at Fenway if he stayed healthy and is two years younger and better overall player than Mitch Moreland, their current first baseman.

    I keep hearing a lot of rumors about the Red Sox going for Stanton too. Hopefully they go for a free agent power hitter like JD Martinez or Jay Bruce instead, and then we can swoop in and make the trade for Bradley and score Stanton as well.

    But I'd say the Giants first priority should be Stanton. Once they make that trade, I'd love to see Bradley but could also see them trading for a Yankee outfielder like Brett Garner or Jacoby ellsbury, or signing a lesser tier free agent like Austin Jackson or Cameron Maybin.
    What affordable contract? JBJ is second year arbitration eligible and only going to get more expensive. Whereas Belt is under a very affordable 4 year 68 million contract.

    Giants will probably have to provide a little salary relief on top of it and thats about it. Maybe, MAYBE add Strickland in exchange for adding salary relief. Absolutely zero chance Beede would be included in that trade with Belt, though.

    Also, no way do Giants go after Ellsbury. Would be surprised if they operate similarly to previous offseason where it was somewhat OK to bring an aged vet and get away with it bc of the success. But, coming off a 98 loss season in which they saw the seats emptying as the season went on, Giants management knows the only way they are getting butts back in those seats is if they lower ticket prices which will not happen or make a splash for a big bopper, which I still think is unlikely (i would be shocked if STL doesn't land Stanton).

    Having said that, Bobby Evans will get defeated and Giants FO will not do much to clean up roster. And we'll get the whole "we wanted to prioritize improving our defense which we did" and "fully expect our guys to be healthy and a fully healthy rotation/bullpen will make us more competitive."

    these pitchers deserve a ****ing power hitter to support them. ******** to keep pointing the fingers at the pitching staff following a loss or poor season.
    Last edited by Lincecum4CY; 11-12-2017 at 10:51 PM.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,061
    For what it's worth, Pavlovic tweeted a response to someone that he thinks we have about a 6% chance of landing Stanton. Not sure if he's being sarcastic as the guy is always a little **** towards everyone on social media or what.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    34,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    For what it's worth, Pavlovic tweeted a response to someone that he thinks we have about a 6% chance of landing Stanton. Not sure if he's being sarcastic as the guy is always a little **** towards everyone on social media or what.
    I've never thought that. I've always liked him.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    34,492

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    79,995
    I may be in the minority but I think Hamilton would be an excellent pickup. Anchor CF / Leadoff spot (don't care about low OBP) for a long time.
    Kings



    ďMaybe one of these days I won't fail Ē - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    79,995
    Hamilton CF (Trade Duggar/Slater + SP prospect not named Beede)
    Belt 1b
    Posey C
    Stanton RF
    Crawford ss
    Pence/Span LF
    Joe Panik 2b
    Arroyo/Pablo 3b
    Kings



    ďMaybe one of these days I won't fail Ē - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

  9. #249
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I've never thought that. I've always liked him.
    Same. Though I'm not especially aware of his social media presence. I follow him on Twitter but almost never go on there.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    34,492
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    I may be in the minority but I think Hamilton would be an excellent pickup. Anchor CF / Leadoff spot (don't care about low OBP) for a long time.
    He doesnít belong at the top of any lineup though. If OBP was just average Iíd get it, but I donít want to see a career .298 OBP as our lead off hitter. Itís like having Joaquin Arias lead off.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    I may be in the minority but I think Hamilton would be an excellent pickup. Anchor CF / Leadoff spot (don't care about low OBP) for a long time.
    I am with you. I think he would be a good pick up and could come at a cheap price. The park may help him out, or a coach may change something to better his AB's.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    He doesnít belong at the top of any lineup though. If OBP was just average Iíd get it, but I donít want to see a career .298 OBP as our lead off hitter. Itís like having Joaquin Arias lead off.
    Arias?? Come on now.. your getting a little crazy. Two total different guys. I like that Hamilton can put pressure on a defense. I am not saying he is the best CF/Lead off guy out there. But if they want to get Stanton they are going to have to be smart on the other additions they get. Can't go Hernandez out there.

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    34,492
    Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake22 View Post
    I am with you. I think he would be a good pick up and could come at a cheap price. The park may help him out, or a coach may change something to better his AB's.
    I don't see how the park would help him. A terrible hitter is a terrible hitter.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    34,492
    Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake22 View Post
    Arias?? Come on now.. your getting a little crazy. Two total different guys. I like that Hamilton can put pressure on a defense. I am not saying he is the best CF/Lead off guy out there. But if they want to get Stanton they are going to have to be smart on the other additions they get. Can't go Hernandez out there.
    Not crazy at all. Hamilton of course is the significantly better base runner and defender of three, but I'm strictly talking about hitting. Their career numbers are very similar.

    One is Hamilton, one is Gorkys, and one is Arias.

    .248/.298/.334, .280 wOBA/71 wRC+

    .265/.293/.350, .280 wOBA/76 wRC+

    .234/.303/.330, .279 wOBA/72 wRC+

    Who is who?

    Out of 289 qualified hitters from 2014-2017 (his first four full seasons), Hamilton ranks 282nd in wOBA and 283rd in wRC+. He's been better than only Gordon Beckham, Andrew Romine, Ryan Goins, Omar Infante, Nick Ahmed, Alexi Amarista, and Caleb Joseph.

    We don't need that type of hitter leading off. We need quality hitters at the top of the lineup.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    34,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    I've met him he's an awesome guy in person. On social media he's a little twit. Sometimes it's necessary because people tend to ask stupid questions. A lot of times its not necessary and would be easier to just answer the question. It's not just him though, Baggs is the same way. I stop following Baggs a long time ago, though, mainly because the dude is always off and works like 20 games a year.
    You must love Ratto.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •