Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Eh. Don't bother looking at RBI for evaluation purposes because it's too reliant on batters getting on base. It’s a terrible stat.

Donaldson's actually older than Frazier by two months. He turns 32 next month.

I don't think it'd be wise to acquire him either. He'll be a free agent after the upcoming season and will likely command a hefty contract. Plus we don't even have the prospects to get him.
    Rush, your last sentence is one more log on the fire to rebuild. "Plus we don't even have the prospects to get him". I don't mind playing the who should we sign game, passing out contracts and the like, but for this club, these things must be a passing thought. Start at point A and rebuild our team. We have a couple of players who probably won't be on the club or will have little value by the time we are a legitimate contender. Luck not withstanding. I know, I know. We aren't going to do that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Honestly, if we don't get Stanton then don't acquire anyone. Enough of these mediocre fillers. Maybe trade for someone like Chase Headley to fill our 3b hole and a second lefty and call it an offseason.

Next year we'll have Pence, Span, Headley, and potentially but highly unlikely Melancon coming off our books. The free agent market is strong. Go all in for a Machado.
    I want to go even further than that but you are absolutely correct.

Honestly, if we don't get Stanton then don't acquire anyone. Enough of these mediocre fillers. Maybe trade for someone like Chase Headley to fill our 3b hole and a second lefty and call it an offseason.

Next year we'll have Pence, Span, Headley, and potentially but highly unlikely Melancon coming off our books. The free agent market is strong. Go all in for a Machado.
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Preach.
    You mean you wouldn't want Howie Kendrick and Trevor Plouffe?

Let's look at the trend here. Every year we see the guy that would make a difference on this team and year after year we end up with a fill in. Because maybe we can catch that lightning again. Time to change their ways!!! I agree Stanton or Bust!!

Jon Heyman speculates that Jay Bruce could be a consideration. He wants five years and between $80-$90M.

Not interested.

Stanton or bust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Stanton please. Any additional expenditure due to the competitive balance luxury tax will be easily recovered in revenue gained as well as being able to actually compete (offensively)

Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Preach.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    I want to go even further than that but you are absolutely correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake22 View Post
    Let's look at the trend here. Every year we see the guy that would make a difference on this team and year after year we end up with a fill in. Because maybe we can catch that lightning again. Time to change their ways!!! I agree Stanton or Bust!!
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Stanton or bust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Stanton please. Any additional expenditure due to the competitive balance luxury tax will be easily recovered in revenue gained as well as being able to actually compete (offensively)
    Stanton me. It's Stanton and nobody else. It's time to fill that damn power hitting void that has been a glaring need since Bonds.

The Giants can still strive for elite pitching, stout defense, a good farm, AND add one frickin power hitter to their wish list. Those 4 things are not mutually exclusive. Go for the gold! Don't come back to us 'til it's done Savvy Sabes/Underwhelming Evans! GET HEEEM!
    Last edited by Alleyeson49; 11-10-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Do the Giants have the money though?
    Kings

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

They made 20 kajillion dollars from #3in5, they've got the money.

Right, but are they willing?
    Kings

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Heres to hoping Staton says **** it i want to go to CaliforniA.

My gut is telling me belt is going to be dealt this offseason. A 4 year 70 million is really not that bad of acommjtment.

Maybe belt to boston for jbj

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Right, but are they willing?
    They absolutely know that if something drastic isnt done those seats wont be filled. They saw what happened last year. Many reporters wrote that giants ownership was Concered about ticket sales.

Theres probably only one guy available this offseason that will get people on board, thsts Stanton.

stl prob offering good package with s good amount of salary relief

Giants offering package around Beede and willing to take on majority if not all of salary relief. Thatll likely entice Marlins to deal him to SF.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast