Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Losing Shark means we're going full on blow-it-all-up rebuild.

Would make no sense to grab Heyward and his contract if rebuilding. I don't buy this rumor one bit.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I think it is safe to say Heyward won't be a Giant. FO would never hear the end of that one. And really, how credible is this Phil Rogers. I didn't see anyone else talking about it.

Giants people seem as baffled by Heyward/Cubs rumor as the rest of us. Zero chance of that deal. Welcome to the offseason.

https://twitter.com/PavlovicNBCS/sta...12938204504064

Bingo bongo

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Good.

Thoughts of Todd Frazier manning 3rd?? It has been said he is projected to receive a 3 year 33 million contract. I think that is a fair price. Not the best average but OBP. went up last year. Could pose a threat in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake22 View Post
    Thoughts of Todd Frazier manning 3rd?? It has been said he is projected to receive a 3 year 33 million contract. I think that is a fair price. Not the best average but OBP. went up last year. Could pose a threat in the lineup.
    I think he's legitimately a bad choice because he's on the decline and will get too long a contract which will keep us from going after other younger players. That being said, he's the type of player this front office would be intrigued by, and my guess is that the Giants make a strong push for him this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake22 View Post
    I may want to stay away from him, he is already an "old player" on the decline and we need to look at players the are shooting up but haven't became household names yet. One reason I don't like Todd Frazier, I feel like he is a product of the Reds' stadium (HomeRuns galore) even when he had 40 HomeRuns last year (2016) at Cellular field (another BandBox) he could not even get 100 RBIs (95 RBIs that season)........Again Giants throw curveballs, remember the Angel Pagan Trade (Ramon Ramirez + Andres Torres for Angel Pagan) and that was a good steal for us. Another trade like that was like that was the Melky Cabrera trade (Jonathan Sanchez + Ryan Verdugo for Melky).

I wonder if we can pull off a trade with the Blue Jays for Josh Donaldson & Kevin Pillar. That would fix our 3B & CF (Offensively and Defensively).
    Last edited by PatelJ1010; 11-08-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Would make no sense to grab Heyward and his contract if rebuilding. I don't buy this rumor one bit.
    I think the Cubs feel that not having Heyward won't keep them out of the playoffs along with the very real idea that they just want to get out from under that contract. As for Russell, I don't know if the problem is with him and their FO and certain guys on the team, but I would certainly be willing to listen to something.

Fraizer would have to fit over Arroyo and Pandavol.

Quote Originally Posted by PatelJ1010 View Post
    I may want to stay away from him, he is already an "old player" on the decline and we need to look at players the are shooting up but haven't became household names yet. One reason I don't like Todd Frazier, I feel like he is a product of the Reds' stadium (HomeRuns galore) even when he had 40 HomeRuns last year (2016) at Cellular field (another BandBox) he could not even get 100 RBIs (95 RBIs that season)........Again Giants throw curveballs, remember the Angel Pagan Trade (Ramon Ramirez + Andres Torres for Angel Pagan) and that was a good steal for us. Another trade like that was like that was the Melky Cabrera trade (Jonathan Sanchez + Ryan Verdugo for Melky).

I wonder if we can pull off a trade with the Blue Jays for Josh Donaldson & Kevin Pillar. That would fix our 3B & CF (Offensively and Defensively).
    I agree it would fix both spots, and give a much needed threat. Just not sure Jays would want to give those two up. Pillar is a great defender.

Quote Originally Posted by PatelJ1010 View Post

Eh. Don't bother looking at RBI for evaluation purposes because it's too reliant on batters getting on base. Itís a terrible stat.

Donaldson's actually older than Frazier by two months. He turns 32 next month.

I don't think it'd be wise to acquire him either. He'll be a free agent after the upcoming season and will likely command a hefty contract. Plus we don't even have the prospects to get him.

Honestly, if we don't get Stanton then don't acquire anyone. Enough of these mediocre fillers. Maybe trade for someone like Chase Headley to fill our 3b hole and a second lefty and call it an offseason.

Next year we'll have Pence, Span, Headley, and potentially but highly unlikely Melancon coming off our books. The free agent market is strong. Go all in for a Machado.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Honestly, if we don't get Stanton then don't acquire anyone. Enough of these mediocre fillers.
    Preach.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast