Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Span would be ideal. Helps us with the luxury tax. Actually helps more than the marlins just sending cash to offset some of Stanton deal.

Marlins might be willing to do it too. With prospects obviously. As span is off the books after the year.

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    mlbtr

I hope the Giants don't get Lorenzo Cain. He's going to cost us a high draft pick, and when his legs go in a couple years, he's going to be an average player with a big contract.

Any thoughts on the Giants trying to trade for Manny Machado. I wonder if the Orioles would want an astronomical package for him, even though he's a free agent after next season.
    Yeah, I hope the Giants don't touch Cain. May as well wait for Machado to become a FA IMO.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Oh trust me, neither am I. And the Giants will for sure regret trading Belt in favor of Shaw.

But they seem go believe Shaw is ready.
    Though it's true Belt has some value as a trade piece, I really think he has more value to us on the field compared to what he'd bring in return. (Unless it's a really good OF'er with some bat as well.)

Feel the same about Shark (damned if I'm trying to spell his full name!). Not an ace by any means but fits the rotation nicely and eats innings - and has the occasional gem now and then. And would need to be replaced as well.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

So I was trying to look for the John Shea report but I can't find it, found this on Rotoworld earlier today though.

"John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Giants "have had discussions" on J.D. Martinez."

The Giants are very likely to get at least one big bat this winter, and they've been heavily connected to Giancarlo Stanton via the trade route and now Martinez via the free agent route. Martinez's agent, Scott Boras, is reportedly seeking a seven-year, $210 million contract for his client. The Red Sox have also been linked with Martinez and the Diamondbacks are expected to make an effort to re-sign him."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/6411/jd-martinez/1

I am curious, do you guys think this may be a larger deal?
    Giants receive - Stanton, Dee Gordon, RP
    Marlins receive - Span, Heliot Ramos, Austin Slater, Andrew Suarez, & *Others
    Yankees/Pirates/Brewers - Panik?

* - Yankees/Pirates/Brewers send prospects to Marlins. I really think Giants Proposal may have a 3rd team in it.
    Last edited by PatelJ1010; Today at 03:22 AM.

I think it's nothing but idle speculation at this point and don't expect the Giants to get Stanton or Martinez (though obviously the interest is there and they will certainly kick the tires).

I really hope they don't get Gordon when we have Panik and have to pay a significant increase for not much more talent.

And agreed on not likely getting either Stanton or Martinez. I certainly don't want Martinez at the price he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I think it's nothing but idle speculation at this point and don't expect the Giants to get Stanton or Martinez (though obviously the interest is there and they will certainly kick the tires).
    The longer it goes on the less I think we'll get him. I can't see the Cardinals not landing him.

I wonder if Stanton would actually approve a trade to st.louis. We might get lucky here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    The longer it goes on the less I think we'll get him. I can't see the Cardinals not landing him.
    I don't assume the Cards will get him either. Red Sox or Dodgers feels more likely.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324