Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1921
    Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    Are major league general managers on strike this offseason?
    Theyre still on vacation it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GM's are taking the wait and see approach. Nobody really wants to set the market, and many of the mid level FA prices will drop as Spring training gets nearer. The top 10 will get theirs, mostly because of Boras.
    Baseball has been very very good to me!

Yep, everybody's waiting to see what JD Martinez signs for. Boras also usually likes to wait as long as possible, although that backfired for Stephen Drew in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Gross.
    My expectations for our OF are very gross.

I have a sickening feeling that Cains price will drop and the Giants will sign him and forego draft picks. If they do, i seriously may just stop following baseball until the front office is changed. Not joking.

Yeah! F baseball... gotta learn some soccer

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    I have a sickening feeling that Cains price will drop and the Giants will sign him and forego draft picks. If they do, i seriously may just stop following baseball until the front office is changed. Not joking.

I sense a little frustration. This is the same front office that garnered 3 rings, so perhaps allow a little room for error. The Giants, as a rule, rarely sign free agents that have draft picks attached. Nor do the make many trades for players with less than 2 years of control. Do they do it? Perhaps, but certainly not regularly.

I’m fairly confident they won’t sign any QO players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I’m fairly confident they won’t sign any QO players.
    Me too. I think they understand they need to beef up the farm, and having a low draft pick is a good start. Losing draft picks for QO players makes no sense at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I sense a little frustration. This is the same front office that garnered 3 rings, so perhaps allow a little room for error. The Giants, as a rule, rarely sign free agents that have draft picks attached. Nor do the make many trades for players with less than 2 years of control. Do they do it? Perhaps, but certainly not regularly.
    Giants pretty regularly sit things out in the early off-seasons. They made their play for Stanton, obviously saw a worthwhile opportunity. But in general they sit out the early goings on, and always play their cards close to the vest. I'm sure they're think-tanking behind the scenes, and they certainly know our needs.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Update on Belt:

Back in September, Belt spoke with Insider Alex Pavlovic while still experiencing concussion symptoms. On Wenesday, Belt opened up about his current health and it's a much more positive update.

"I feel great right now," Belt told MLB Radio Network. "The last couple days of the season, I felt great then, and I've felt better and better this offseason."

"Every concussion has taken me two months to recover, so that's been the problem," Belt said. "I'm going to try to avoid it the whole season and hopefully I can get through it with no accidents."
    http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/gia...rth-concussion

Here's Recent Giants rumors: Latest on McCutchen, Bruce, Hamilton

The Giants and Pirates have had recent contact regarding a trade that would send Andrew McCutchen to San Francisco, a source told MLB.com, although a deal is not imminent and multiple barriers remain.

The teams have had dialogue regarding McCutchen since early in the offseason, without producing any apparent breakthroughs. That is not surprising, as the Pirates also proceeded deliberately in their McCutchen trade discussions last offseason.

Meanwhile, the Giants are reluctant to part with top prospects for McCutchen, after giving up highly regarded infielder Christian Arroyo in last month's trade with the Rays for Evan Longoria.

Outfielder/first baseman Chris Shaw, right-hander Tyler Beede and outfielder Heliot Ramos are the Giants' top three prospects, per MLB Pipeline. One source said the Pirates are asking for at least one of those three in any McCutchen trade with San Francisco.

The Pirates are well-positioned to seize upon the slow pace of the free-agent market by trading McCutchen, ace pitcher Gerrit Cole and the versatile Josh Harrison, all of whom have generated interest from other teams in recent weeks.

The Giants, who finished last in the Majors in home runs in 2017, have been searching for a power-hitting outfielder since the offseason began. They agreed with the Marlins on a trade for Giancarlo Stanton, before Stanton used his no-trade rights to block the deal.

McCutchen would be a much more straightforward move. He lacks a no-trade clause and is due to earn $14.5 million in 2018, before becoming a free agent. McCutchen is coming off a season in which he hit 28 home runs, the second-highest total of his career.

It's unclear if the Giants believe they can acquire McCutchen and Cincinnati center fielder Billy Hamilton, who they've had extensive trade conversations about this offseason as well. In combination with the Longoria trade, the acquisitions of McCutchen and Hamilton would substantially weaken a farm system already being revamped under new vice president of player development David Bell.

Giants general manager Bobby Evans has spoken publicly about a need to improve his team's defense in center field. Hamilton, 27, has been one of the Majors' top defensive center fielders the past several seasons. McCutchen, 31, was better in right field (in a small sample) than center last year, according to defensive metrics.

The Giants' delay in trading for McCutchen could also be attributed to the free-agent market, where the team has been active. The need to acquire McCutchen would diminish -- and possibly disappear entirely -- if the Giants sign J.D. Martinez, Lorenzo Cain, Jay Bruce or Carlos Gonzalez, all of whom remain available.

One source said Wednesday that Bruce has two multi-year offers in hand, with another one expected in the coming days. It's not known if the Giants have made Bruce an offer at any point during the offseason.
    https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/gia...lp/c-264252764
    Kings

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Morosi: "If JD Martinez goes to Boston, I believe McCutchen has a very, very good chance to wind up there (San Francisco)."
    Kings

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

2018 Giants Offseason Thread

Pirates want a top prospect for Cutch? Shocker. Cant believe they arent interested in parker, williamson, stratton.