Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 124 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1847
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    7 years, $210M is way too much for my liking. I don't want them to get hamstrung by this contract for a non-cornerstone type player. Seven year contracts for players who've already hit 30 usually aren't wise decisions.
    This. I don't think Martinez would be a smart investment. Has injury issues.

7 years, $210M is way too much for my liking. I don't want them to get hamstrung by this contract for a non-cornerstone type player. Seven year contracts for players who've already hit 30 usually aren't wise decisions.
    I hear you. At the same time, I think JD for 7-years at $210M is better than Bruce at 4-years 60M.

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    I hear you. At the same time, I think JD for 7-years at $210M is better than Bruce at 4-years 60M.
    Debatable. That's a lot of dough that will hinder us for the foreseeable future. We are not a JD Martinez away from being a World Series contender. And that sort of contract likely means goodbye to MadBum. Also takes us out of even dreaming of going after any free agent next year.

I'd almost rather have Jose Bautista on a 1 or 2 year deal than Bruce or Martinez. If Pence weren't so bad and showed he could handle RF for one more year then i'm sure it would have been an avenue the Giants would have considered for LF.

No way Martinez gets anywhere near that size of a contract though.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I just wish the Giants would make everyone happy and get Mike Trout.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    I'd almost rather have Jose Bautista on a 1 or 2 year deal than Bruce or Martinez. If Pence weren't so bad and showed he could handle RF for one more year then i'm sure it would have been an avenue the Giants would have considered for LF.
    JoeyBats for cheap has definitely crossed my mind..power bat off the bench..he prob wouldn't be inclined for that role though

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake22 View Post
    I just wish the Giants would make everyone happy and get Mike Trout.
    10/$450M get er done Sabes...er, Evans.
    Baseball has been very very good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    I don't think Bruce will get anything more than three years, honestly. Even at those prices I'd rather take Bruce at that cost than spend an additional $150M.

$15M AAV for Bruce + three less years > $30M AAV for JD + three more years, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No way Martinez gets anywhere near that size of a contract though.
    Yeah I don't think he gets that either.

I think the reason why this market has been slow is because JD Martinez ‘s agent is Scott Boris is asking for a extremely high number for all his FA (Jake Arrieta, Hosmer, As well as many others).....Boris has stated he will drag the market as long as he can because he knows teams have money to spend. I think the example he gives out is Prince Fielder and Tigers deal that happened (2011 Free agency /2012 Season).

I think January will be a good month of movement for all these a Free Agents.

Before the season ended, I kept hearing the Giants would be interested in Cain. Is he an absolute no because of the draft picks + int'l $? Is there anyway to negotiate the compensation? Basically, can you sign and trade in MLB?
    Last edited by Veiga775; 12-28-2017 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiga775 View Post
    Before the season ended, I kept hearing the Giants would be interested in Can. Is he an absolute no because of the draft picks + int'l $? Is there anyway to negotiate the compensation? Basically, can you sign and trade in MLB?
    I think it's a pretty unlikely for Cain.

No sign and trades in MLB.

I think it's a pretty unlikely for Cain.

No sign and trades in MLB.
    Could the teams use draft picks as PTBNL's? Like can a team tell another team who to draft and then acquire them as a PTBNL from an earlier trade?
    Kings

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Could the teams use draft picks as PTBNL's? Like can a team tell another team who to draft and then acquire them as a PTBNL from an earlier trade?
    I think? I'm not sure if there's any time limit on when a team must name a PTBNL.

Page 95 of 124 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast