Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

2018 Giants Offseason Thread

Unfortunately the offseason came a month early.

All Giants news (minor signings/trades, news, rumors, etc.) may be placed in here. Notable trades or signings deserve their own thread. As always, when posting please use a credible source.

This should be interesting

Last edited by Rush; 10-02-2017 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Please don't embed images.

It would've been funny, to post on April 1, that the giants would end the year on a walk-off HR by Kung Fu Panda, with Matt Cain and Ryan Vogelsong retiring as Giants and they would finish tied for the worst record in all of baseball.

Joe Panik is one of the few decent tradeable assets. This requires a major reconstruction, and I doubt Evans has the cajones to pull it off. I guess 2018 will be about teh kids!
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

End of season press conference is at 11.

Maybe they'll throw Belt under the bus again!

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Maybe they'll throw Belt under the bus again!
    "Maybe this offseason he can work on getting out of the way of baseballs."

The brass reinforced that defense will be a priority, seems more so than offense. At some degree I can see where they're coming from because I expect the offense will be improved just with bounce back years from Belt, Crawford, and Pence (I hope), but they still need to add hitting regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    That presser was the same crap they say every year. I'm torn on what to expect. But i've learnt to keep expectations pretty low. Though they could go out and surprise us with some key additions ala two years ago with Cueto/Shark. Or they could be fairly idle and acquire a decent hitter.

1.) Brian Sabean did not mention Law at all in when talking about the future of the bullpen, giving mention to Melancon, Dyson, Strick, Smith, Crick, Moronta.
    2.) Larry Baer reaction about the luxury tax pretty much acknowledging the Giants didn't get a LF last year because of the luxury tax leads me to believe they won't be very active this year unless they can unload a large contract.

I honestly think we'll end up with a Lorenzo Cain.

I'd be fine with Cain on a two or three-year deal, but I see him getting four or five and I don't want him at that length.

Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Even Lowell Cohn was taking a shot at Posey. This so stupid.

Posey said Giants players need to play better. Look in the mirror, Buster. You need to play better. Where's the power?
    - Cohn

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Even Lowell Cohn was taking a shot at Posey. This so stupid.

- Cohn
    idiot.

Also, wonder if Giants will look at Inciarte. Would be a good get.

I'd really like Inciarte. Very good lead off guy, good base runner and defensive center fielder. I'd prefer him to Cain.

I get the feeling we won't see much power improvement this season with Span and Pence still under contract. I heard Todd Frazier's name thrown around over the weekend.

Bochy undergoing a second heart procedure.

Giants manager Bruce Bochy revealed Tuesday that he will undergo a second ablation procedure on his heart, this time to repair an atrial fibrillation, when he returns to San Diego next week.

The procedure is considered minor, but is more involved than the ablation he underwent in April to stop a heart flutter.

Bochy said he knew in April he would have to have this second procedure and considered doing it at the All-Star break, but decided to wait until the end of the season because this one requires more rest.

Bochy expects to return to San Francisco for postseason meetings on Oct. 23 and has not altered plans for vacations in Central America and the Dominican Republic.

He hopes this procedure will restore his heartbeat to a normal rhythm once and for all. He has had symptoms daily, or every other day, but said it had no effect on his managing. Nor will this procedure impact his ability to continue.

“I don’t want anyone to think this has any effect on my work or abilities moving forward because it doesn’t,” he said. “It’s not an uncommon procedure.”
    http://www.sfchronicle.com/news/arti...witter-premium

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I'd really like Inciarte. Very good lead off guy, good base runner and defensive center fielder. I'd prefer him to Cain.

I get the feeling we won't see much power improvement this season with Span and Pence still under contract. I heard Todd Frazier's name thrown around over the weekend.
    Todd Frazier would be a terrible pickup and the opposite of what Giants have said to be prioritizing. Just my .02

I can see Evans targeting Aaron Hicks, though.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast