Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Finally.. the Bears have a shot at home field advantage.

Most exciting news we could hear as Bears fans! I wanted him to start from day 1 just like Peyton Manning did when he went 1-15 and threw a record of ints thrown as a rookie. His career turned out just fine. Oh well the time to see this kid is finally here and hopefully these WR's don't let him down.

FWIW Kyben, Fox has already confirmed this now as well. He says it in the first 2 minutes or so.

https://youtu.be/m2y9XYb_mMc

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    When is Ryan pace going to take the podium and explain what he saw in Glennon?
    Glennon was only ever meant to be a stopgap. Look at his numbers throughout 18 games in TB.

Very solid. Something changed since then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

When are people going to stop *****ing about Pace signing Glennon? It's a 1 year deal. He's gone after this year. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Glennon was only ever meant to be a stopgap. Look at his numbers throughout 18 games in TB.

Very solid. Something changed since then.

Pretty much this. Glennon was never this awful in Tampa, and Pace (as well as many others) thought he had potential since he's only 27. Still, only a 1 year deal. This doesn't impact us negatively in any kind of way moving forward unless we keep him (which we won't). We have hopefully a franchise QB in Trubisky and a lot of money to spend in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    When are people going to stop *****ing about Pace signing Glennon? It's a 1 year deal. He's gone after this year. Move on.
    Preach. It was like a lottery ticket, like "hey this guy had mixed results in a limited sample of games played, might as well give him a shot and see if we can get a draft pick out of him"

We won't but he's gone after the season so who cares? It was low risk/high reward. Exactly the kind of signing you want your team making.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Finally! Feels like we're going on the right direction now

Glennon wasn't good in Tampa at all. I think it's ok to admit Pace messed up on that one. It happens. You don't have to make excuses for him. Some of his comments regarding Glennon look bad in hindsight. I know part of it could have been pandering, but still. I don't expect Pace to admit Mike was a mistake while he is still on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Glennon wasn't good in Tampa at all. I think it's ok to admit Pace messed up on that one. It happens. You don't have to make excuses for him. Some of his comments regarding Glennon look bad in hindsight. I know part of it could have been pandering, but still. I don't expect Pace to admit Mike was a mistake while he is still on the roster.
    Solid is the word, the numbers tell the story. 80 something qb rating, around 7 ypa, 2-1 td to int ratio.

He was scouting Glennon from the TB offense, not Loggains's offense.

Click here to register!

He was certainly better than this. He actually threw downfield, took some chances, wasn't this turnover prone either. He's played like he's terrified of making a mistake and it backfired on him in every way imaginable.

The contract speaks for itself. He was never going to be anything more than a bridge guy, though in hindsight you could've just kept Hoyer for about 1/3 the cost. It didn't work out, but a 1 year deal is hardly something to get upset about when you look at this teams cap flexibility ($41M before cuts next year, will be almost $50M after Glennon's cut).

To me, Pace took two swings at addressing a position that had no competition whatsoever here for almost a decade. If Trubisky doesn't work out then he's obviously ****ed and we're blowing it up again (oh joy), but if he does work out then nobody is going to care about the 4 ugly games from Mike Glennon.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have no problem with the Glennon signing. it does not hamstring the team going forward in any meaningful way. Everyone knows what Hoyer is ... a decent QB ... would be a good backup, that is it.

Glennon in theory had some upside, he might have been better with Cam at WR, maybe not ... but it was a gamble worth taking IMO .. it just did not work out.

Hoyer - Glennon ?

The devil you know - the devil you don't

In hindsight, Hoyer would have been a better call, but we were all pretty tired of him as I remember it.

Glennon was the best available free agent QB.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I still would have been happy taking Tunsil, but I love Floyd.

Click here to register!

I like Floyd, don't love him to this point, but he's a good all around player that's just missed a few times on having a more productive season as a pass rusher (refs missed/ignored a pretty clear hold on him in GB that led to a long completion to Jordy).

Tunsil was an overrated prospect anyway IMO. I never watched him and thought he was a Franchise LT, and he's been mediocre to this point. Both Stanley & Conklin have easily been better pros. I wouldn't have hated the pick, but I don't look back on it like some missed opportunity either.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-03-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast