Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    fl2018.... does Stanton care about the Marlins? Iím not meaning that he is not caring... I mean does he want to make sure they get a good deal? Or do you think that he just wants to go where he wants to go? I guess the question is does he feel any loyalty to the Marlins, and want to make sure they do well? If so he will give them a list of teams and I would guess the Cardinals are on that listÖ But really all of this depends on him. I think we would all agree if he is willing to be traded to the Cardinals, the Cardinals will give up the best package.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    fl2018.... does Stanton care about the Marlins? Iím not meaning that he is not caring... I mean does he want to make sure they get a good deal? Or do you think that he just wants to go where he wants to go? I guess the question is does he feel any loyalty to the Marlins, and want to make sure they do well? If so he will give them a list of teams and I would guess the Cardinals are on that listÖ But really all of this depends on him. I think we would all agree if he is willing to be traded to the Cardinals, the Cardinals will give up the best package.
    I think he cares about winning, and if we decide to do a full rebuild, which we will, he will want out. I think his NTC gives him some leverage, but we also have leverage in the sense that we can just trade everyone else around him and if he doesnt want to help facilitate a deal, we will trade others and he will rot on a rebuilding team.

I think he will help the marlins out a little.

Quote Originally Posted by fl2018 View Post
    I think he cares about winning, and if we decide to do a full rebuild, which we will, he will want out. I think his NTC gives him some leverage, but we also have leverage in the sense that we can just trade everyone else around him and if he doesnt want to help facilitate a deal, we will trade others and he will rot on a rebuilding team.

I think he will help the marlins out a little.
    Thatís probably a decent sign, but I think other teams will be willing to give up a decent package. If Stanton refuses to move to St. Louis, the Marlins will still get offers from the Giants and Red Sox most likely.

What is your guys opinion on your glut of outfielders? Which ones are you highest on? Between Bader, Grichuk, PIscotty, Sierra, Pham (who im sure isnt available), and Oniell, what is the cardinals plan their long term?

As a marlins fan, Bader or O'Neill seems like the best fit just for what we want to do because we want young, cost controlled guys, but I can also see guys like Grichuk or Piscotty involved as a stop gap solid player for us for the next few years.

Also, what is your opinion on Diaz? I keep seeing him floated as a possible piece in the trade, so im wondering whether you think his rookie year was an aberration or whether last year was just an injury riddled struggle, or whether he settles somewhere in the middle of the 2 years.
    Last edited by fl2018; 11-13-2017 at 06:47 PM.

What is your guys opinion on your glut of outfielders? Which ones are you highest on? Between Bader, Grichuk, PIscotty, Sierra, Pham (who im sure isnt available), and Oniell, what is the cardinals plan their long term?

As a marlins fan, Bader or O'Neill seems like the best fit just for what we want to do because we want young, cost controlled guys, but I can also see guys like Grichuk or Piscotty involved as a stop gap solid player for us for the next few years.

Also, what is your opinion on Diaz? I keep seeing him floated as a possible piece in the trade, so im wondering whether you think his rookie year was an aberration or whether last year was just an injury riddled struggle, or whether he settles somewhere in the middle of the 2 years.
    I think of the group, O'Neill will be the best of the group. I see a little inconsistencies with Sierra and Bader, but I also seeing both of them being very good at what they do. Bader will be about a Piscotty type player but better defensively. Sierra I see being a beast defensively, but a bottom of the order hitter. O'Niell I see average defense and crazy power. Will strike out a bit, but will probably be a 30-40 homeruns a year kind of guy.

Diaz is a headcase. Don't think he's a SS, possibly a position change will do a lot of good for him. Don't really seeing him amount to anything too special though.

Grichuk is the most frustrating player on the team. Has a crazy amount of power, good speed...strikes out like crazy and never walks. Piscotty is a very average player. Not great at anything, but decent at a lot of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

True, I see a lot of MLB starting quality OF's in your system among those guys but i struggle to see which one, if any, will be more than a little above replacement level. Diaz had a great year in 2016, what happened to him last year was weird. What do you mean by him being a headcase.

Tommy Phams twin sister was just my bar tender at the Tropicana in Vegas. Got talking baseball... I hope he's around long term. My opinion, he and O'Neil are not movable in this trade

I think Diaz is just one of those bipolar players. You never know what you're going to get. Grichuk has the biggest upside in my opinion

True, I see a lot of MLB starting quality OF's in your system among those guys but i struggle to see which one, if any, will be more than a little above replacement level. Diaz had a great year in 2016, what happened to him last year was weird. What do you mean by him being a headcase.
    If he makes a mistake he's pretty much shut down
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Stanton says no to boston and St. Louis which sucks for us but also keeps desperate Mo from moving reyes and weaver for him.

there are just as many "sources" saying he's open to a trade anywhere as there are saying he won't.

Until Miami or Stanton himself says he won't come here, nothing wrong with speculating about it happening

Reyes better not be included in any deal.

If these reports are true that he won't come hereÖ It is time to go get JD Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Reyes better not be included in any deal.
    I donít think he will be. Flaherty and Weaver are already better than anything the Red Sox or Giants can offer as far as pitching goes. Plus more complimentary pieces that can be included as well with either of weaver/flaherty. I think the marlins are going hard after pitching and we have more high ceiling prospects than any other team without having to involve Reyes

dodgers in on stanton, we all know where he wants to go. GS has the leverage not the marlins or inquiring teams.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast