Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
    side note away from this...

Rasmus sign a minor league deal with the Orioles. Good to see him getting back into the game. Hopefully taking most of last season off was a good mental break for him

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    side note away from this...

Rasmus sign a minor league deal with the Orioles. Good to see him getting back into the game. Hopefully taking most of last season off was a good mental break for him
    Hard to not root for him, but I kind of don't care lol. He had so much potential. He and J.D. Drew could have been Hall of Fame centerfielders.

We traded him partially as a result of his underachieving ways... we owe the 2011 championship to his "potential" haha

We traded him partially as a result of his underachieving ways... we owe the 2011 championship to his "potential" haha
    Yup.

I was 100% wrong about that trade at that time lol.

I was so annoyed when they made that trade. And I was flat wrong!

JD Drew only had 500 AB's in a season one time in his entire career. That's crazy.... and that was only 518 AB's.

Rasmus is the same... only having 500+ AB's once so far.

Yeah i remember thinking we could have improved more than we did and that he had more trade value. Turns out it worked out fine haha

Holy crap Tyler O'Neill put on some muscle for sure this offseason! I saw the Cardinals FB post and it was a picture of O'Neill and I was like holy crap who the hell is that dude. Then Carson Kelly worked to get stronger this offseason as well. I'm curious to see how well these guys perform.

I think adding JA would be awesome but...don't see how we can fit him in. Waino I think will have a good bounce back year! I like our rotation as well. It is kinda like the rotation kinda reminds me of when we had guys like Garrett Stephenson, Brett Tomko and etc.

Mikolas might surprise us all and do well. I like the signing personally.

Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    Holy crap Tyler O'Neill put on some muscle for sure this offseason! I saw the Cardinals FB post and it was a picture of O'Neill and I was like holy crap who the hell is that dude. Then Carson Kelly worked to get stronger this offseason as well. I'm curious to see how well these guys perform.

I think adding JA would be awesome but...don't see how we can fit him in. Waino I think will have a good bounce back year! I like our rotation as well. It is kinda like the rotation kinda reminds me of when we had guys like Garrett Stephenson, Brett Tomko and etc.

Mikolas might surprise us all and do well. I like the signing personally.
    His Dad is former Mr. Canada

Ahh interesting! Could be why he got jacked lol

Noticed MLB Network had Tommy Pham as their second best Center Fielder. Expecting another MVP season or significant regression (like what Piscotty, Grichuk and Diaz had in 2017)?

Also after a terrible 2016 Wacha rebounded in 2017. Expecting more progress to where he was early in his career?
    LVP Heyward Club:

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    You 184 million dollar moron!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Heyward is trash and everyone here knows it, even Bibbers

I think there were 4 guys last year who stepped it up more than many fans were expecting them to.

Pham has me the most optimistic about repeating, then Wong pretty high up there as well with Pham, then Wacha, then Dejong with the lowest chance of repeating IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    Noticed MLB Network had Tommy Pham as their second best Center Fielder. Expecting another MVP season or significant regression (like what Piscotty, Grichuk and Diaz had in 2017)?

Also after a terrible 2016 Wacha rebounded in 2017. Expecting more progress to where he was early in his career?
    Pham had an expected wOBA of .361, same as Blackmon. That would put him 3rd among CFers.

1. Trout - .420
    2. Springer - .370
    3. Pham and Blackmon - .361

Blackmon will put up better raw numbers because of his home park, but that sounds about right.

Ozuna and Pham will likely regress a bit, but I don't think it'll be significant.

I think both are basically .290/.360/.500 hitters. Which is pretty incredible. Both need to stay healthy for the core of our lineup of course. Pham isn't a matter of athleticism. It's a matter of health. He just showed what he can do when healthy.

Fowler and Carpenter should see some improvements with good health.

Wacha is better than Cards fans realize, but he also needs health. That changeup is naughty, and he knows when to throw it.

I think there were 4 guys last year who stepped it up more than many fans were expecting them to.

Pham has me the most optimistic about repeating, then Wong pretty high up there as well with Pham, then Wacha, then Dejong with the lowest chance of repeating IMO
    Yeah, I don't have the faith in DeJong. I have always been a huge fan of him as a prospect, and I think he has the ability. But his K/BB screams massive regression. Maybe he can survive as a two outcome guy (HR's and K's) but I'd like to see some walks show up in his profile.

I think of DeJong as a 2 win shortstop.

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263