Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Interesting development out of Miami. They want to cut their payroll to $90M.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...0-million.html

Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    Interesting development out of Miami. They want to cut their payroll to $90M.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...0-million.html
    Damn. Bader/O'Neill/Sierra/Mercado/Adolis Garcia...Looks as if we have a surplus of talent we can send Miami's way in the outfield to take on Stanton and Ozuna.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

New to the site... I'm coming over now that sports-boards has shut down.

Stanton would be amazing! However... it sounds like he isn't interested in coming to St. Louis. He wants something on the west coast. He has a no trade... so I'm not very optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    New to the site... I'm coming over now that sports-boards has shut down.

Stanton would be amazing! However... it sounds like he isn't interested in coming to St. Louis. He wants something on the west coast. He has a no trade... so I'm not very optimistic.
    Welcome to the board

Yeah that no-trade clause is a real problem. As much as i think he'd be a fit in STL, i'm bet he'll give consent to be traded to a coastal team before us

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Welcome to the board

Yeah that no-trade clause is a real problem. As much as i think he'd be a fit in STL, i'm bet he'll give consent to be traded to a coastal team before us

Personally, I'm tired of the Cardinals having a mid market payroll, simply because they have average players at positions for the cheap. They are consistently the most profitable team in baseball... it is time to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    Personally, I'm tired of the Cardinals having a mid market payroll, simply because they have average players at positions for the cheap. They are consistently the most profitable team in baseball... it is time to spend.
    We average around 10-12th in annual payroll, and our revenue is around 10-12th in the league as well. The team spends right at the league average of percentage of revenue.

People complaining about the teams spending are incorrect and it's short sighted.

That, and spending doesn't equate to winning. Often times, the highest plaid players in the league are some of the least productive.

Also, welcome the board

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    I wonder if we can get Donaldson without giving up major prospect pieces.

If we can give up Gyorko to replace Donaldson, Diaz for depth for Tulo and Devon Travis (their own GM said they need depth for those 2 since they can't stay healthy, and Grichuk/Piscotty to replace Bautista in RF... that would be nice

Gyorko, Diaz, and Grichuk or Piscotty for Donaldson also opens up 2 spots on the 40 man which we need. I assume they would want a little more but who knows
    Yaaaaaa riight.
    I'd be pissed if we trade Donaldson for that. Rental or not you think that crap gets an MVP calibre player??
    Have you seen what BP pieces, number 2,3,4 type SP's in rotations have gone for?

I want to trade JD and I want it to be with you guys because you have what we need.
    I'm shooting for 2 out of Flaherty, Reyes, Weaver with an OF spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

David Bell is leaving for San Francisco. Opening up a bench coach position for the Cardinals.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234