Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Indians ability to manufacture runs is key. their pitching is next level when you include the BP.

lol i cant believe some of you on here think we're a bat and a pitcher away from contending with these teams bahaha. under that line of thought you could say any team in the league is 2 players away.
    And yet there offense went cold as ice at a pitching and defense wasn't great either. NYY played good but to me this was Clev playing bad more then anything.

Exactly why all you have to do is make the post season then anything can happen.

I really hope Washington beats the Cubs. Get some new blood in there. Houston/Wash is what I want but ratings wise a NYY/Chi or LAD would draw a lot of interest

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    And yet there offense went cold as ice at a pitching and defense wasn't great either. NYY played good but to me this was Clev playing bad more then anything.

Exactly why all you have to do is make the post season then anything can happen.
    This was all the Yankee pitching. They literally had 5 closers. Check out Kahnle's stats, check out Chad Green's year. Green actually had struck out Lindor but the missed call by the ump and Girardi's non challenge led to the grand slam.
    They had 5 guys who averaged over 13k's per 9. Yankee Pitching made Indians hitters look bad. Remember they had won 33 Of 37 Coming In. They were running on all cylinders. But power pitching can shut down anyone when it's on.....who the heck has 5 closers?
    Pitching wins, when it's on, I don't care who the hitters are. As Jim Thome said on MLB "that bullpen is sick, you try hitting 99 mph"
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 10-12-2017 at 04:12 PM.

I give credit to the Yank's pitching but I don't know how you can say it was all the Yankees pitching. Cleveland looked bad all series really pitching, Hitting and defense(For Cleveland standards). My point is once you get to the post season anything can happen.

This team is now 0-6 in elimination games in the past two seasons.

you do realize that Kahnle and green were every bit as good as Osuna this season, if not Much better statswise?

they didnt have the saves only because they were used in save situations, but clearly better ?

now imagine if we had 5 Osuna's, you dont think if we had 5 roberto's in the pen we couldnt beat Cleveland in a 5 game series? damn straight we could have

thats why the cliche says pitching is 90% of the game ( its isnt really, I think its more like 70%)

im saying cleveland which had won 33 of their prior 37 games was made to look that bad

Bruce, J CLE RF .278 .333 .667 1.000
    Santana, C CLE 1B .211 .318 .368 .687
    Kipnis, J CLE 2B .182 .182 .273 .455
    Urshela, G CLE 3B .167 .167 .167 .333
    Lindor, F CLE SS .111 .273 .278 .551
    Ramirez, J CLE 3B .100 .182 .100 .282
    Brantley, M CLE LF .091 .167 .091 .258
    Encarn E CLE DH .000 .222 .000 .222

the Yankees didnt hit much either Judge and Sanchez were 5 for 43 overall it was a well pitched series. only 30 earned runs given up in 5 games am average of 3 a game each team. The Jays score and give that up in a weekend usually

Both teams pitched well, all but one were low scoring games, and cleveland felt the pressure as they showed defensively and the Yankees made their pitchers work HARD AVERAGING 5-6 pitches per at bat, Frazier and Gardner made them throw 20 pitches in the 9th and wore the pitcher out to get those last 2 runs.

they beat the likely Cy Young twice if not for the missed call

youre vastly under valuing the effect of he pitching every time their starter got into trouble they brought in a closer type Like CC in the 5th, in came robertson, 1 pitch and a doubleplay

even in game two Green was out of it unscathed but the ump blew the call as replay showed

thats why Im very hesitant to move Osuna. we need more like him not less
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 10-12-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    you do realize that Kahnle and green were every bit as good as Osuna this season, if not Much better statswise?

they didnt have the saves only because they were used in save situations, but clearly better ?

now imagine if we had 5 Osuna's, you dont think if we had 5 roberto's in the pen we couldnt beat Cleveland in a 5 game series? damn straight we could have

thats why the cliche says pitching is 90% of the game ( its isnt really, I think its more like 70%)

im saying cleveland which had won 33 of their prior 37 games was made to look that bad

Bruce, J CLE RF .278 .333 .667 1.000
    Santana, C CLE 1B .211 .318 .368 .687
    Kipnis, J CLE 2B .182 .182 .273 .455
    Urshela, G CLE 3B .167 .167 .167 .333
    Lindor, F CLE SS .111 .273 .278 .551
    Ramirez, J CLE 3B .100 .182 .100 .282
    Brantley, M CLE LF .091 .167 .091 .258
    Encarn E CLE DH .000 .222 .000 .222

the Yankees didnt hit much either Judge and Sanchez were 5 for 43 overall it was a well pitched series. only 30 earned runs given up in 5 games am average of 3 a game each team. The Jays score and give that up in a weekend usually

Both teams pitched well, all but one were low scoring games, and cleveland felt the pressure as they showed defensively and the Yankees made their pitchers work HARD AVERAGING 5-6 pitches per at bat, Frazier and Gardner made them throw 20 pitches in the 9th and wore the pitcher out to get those last 2 runs.

they beat the likely Cy Young twice if not for the missed call

youre vastly under valuing the effect of he pitching every time their starter got into trouble they brought in a closer type Like CC in the 5th, in came robertson, 1 pitch and a doubleplay

even in game two Green was out of it unscathed but the ump blew the call as replay showed

thats why Im very hesitant to move Osuna. we need more like him not less
    No I'm not. I watched every AB this series and I am saying Cleveland didn't play that good. Yes NYY pitched great but that doesn't change the fact Cleveland played poorly. Are you ready to call them the easy favorites to win the WS now cause there bullpen is probably the best that's left.

Are you sure your not a Yankee's fan and are actually a Mets fan cause you can't stop drooling over everything Yankee's related.

You also can't call a missed call like the non review the only reason they never beat Kluber twice. It's 1 pitch that would of been a foul and then the AB would of gone on, it's not like they took an out away from him.

NO it was a k, the ball was caught, the ump said he was hit so he took first. it was a bad call,

for a guy who says he watched the game, how could you miss that?

it was an 8-3 game, if that call is called correctly it remains 8-3

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/inst...-probably-out/

there were 2 outs and 2 strikes

even chisenhall said he wasnt hit ( he also said he didnt think it hit his bat) its why he didnt go anywhere he thought it was 1and 2.

look at the video the ball changed direction, see how sanchez caught it

and I love a bold GM so I appreciate Cashman for the same reason I loved AA. i also appreciate Donbrowski,

I hate the Wilpons and Rogers. just because youre a fan of a certain team it doesnt mean you ignore a well done job

how can you criticize a bad job if you dont recognize what a good job is?

I get it you hate the teams that are your rivals but that makes no sense, how can you compete if you dont appreciate and learn from what works?

I always felt when the yanks were good it forced the Wilpons to try harder and spend money they normally wouldnt....its true for Rogers too

shame the cheap bastards into doing what they should have done all along. otherwise the damn owners just picket the money with no incentive to spend
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 10-12-2017 at 08:16 PM.

NO it was a k, the ball was caught, the ump said he was hit so he took first. it was a bad call,

for a guy who says he watched the game, how could you miss that?

it was an 8-3 game, if that call is called correctly it remains 8-3

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/inst...-probably-out/

there were 2 outs and 2 strikes

even chisenhall said he wasnt hit ( he also said he didnt think it hit his bat) its why he didnt go anywhere he thought it was 1and 2.

look at the video the ball changed direction, see how sanchez caught it
    I stand corrected. I did not remember the count, it wasn't looked at as a big play until after the GS by Lindor but that's really not a bad call on the umps part just on Girardi. Even in slow motion it's hard to tell if it hit his hand or not.
    Still not getting a lucky call like that doesn't take away the fact he gave up a HR the next batter.

Nats were lucky they only gave one their. Gio better turn it around

I stand corrected. I did not remember the count, it wasn't looked at as a big play until after the GS by Lindor but that's really not a bad call on the umps part just on Girardi. Even in slow motion it's hard to tell if it hit his hand or not.
    Still not getting a lucky call like that doesn't take away the fact he gave up a HR the next batter.
    I never said green wasnt at fault, he was, so was Girardi, but its not like it costs you to challenge. Sanchez on MLB was adamant about the knob because it changed direction from his perspective

my perspective is if Girardi needed more time go out and argue, its not like hos players wouldnt appreciate it. as it was his excuse was imbecilic worthy, at worst he gives his pitcher a moment to clear his head. theres no reason not to ask his catcher and back him and Sanchez told Brian Kenny he had no doubt in his mind

say what you will Gibby always stands for his players, I dont think hes a great technical manager, but I love that he's always 1000% there for the players...even if theyre wrong
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 10-12-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Washington threw that game away. A couple sketchy calls for sure, I hate the rule but I don't see how Jon Jay is not out breaking up that double play from other calls I've seen. The pass ball on Wieters where the bat hit him in the face mask should of been a dead ball and the runner to first out.

But overall Washington choked away another series.

Houston is the only team that moved on that I was hoping for. I really, really hope they win the whole thing

Washington threw that game away. A couple sketchy calls for sure, I hate the rule but I don't see how Jon Jay is not out breaking up that double play from other calls I've seen. The pass ball on Wieters where the bat hit him in the face mask should of been a dead ball and the runner to first out.

But overall Washington choked away another series.
    That was one of the worst calls I've seen, the backswing clearly hit Weiters. And the Rule is as plain as day. The Jay play is A joke. Utley broke Tejadas leg. Umps wont call that consistently until one is arrested for contributing to a Homicide. Im not Joking either. If I was an Infielder I'd hire a lawyer, I'd lose but at least they'd shame Baseball into doing something.

But with Scherzer and Strasburg, They have no Excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Houston is the only team that moved on that I was hoping for. I really, really hope they win the whole thing
    From our perspective it doesn't really matter. The Yankee Kids have all gained invaluable experience either way, and Boston will have even more motivation. We need to focus on getting more talented Kenny. As it stands Houston, Cleveland, NY, and Boston are just better, The Angels might be as well.

Rogers can't pretend we're that good anymore because we arent, There's a talent gap and it needs to be addressed
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 10-13-2017 at 01:41 PM.

From our perspective it doesn't really matter. The Yankee Kids have all gained invaluable experience either way, and Boston will have even more motivation. We need to focus on getting more talented Kenny. As it stands Houston, Cleveland, NY, and Boston are just better, The Angels might be as well.

Rogers can't pretend we're that good anymore because we arent, There's a talent gap and it needs to be addressed
    Please, I'm actually begging you, don't derail another thread. This is about the playoffs, the Jays aren't in it, there is no need to bring them up, let alone speak about management... again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast