Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    All these guys are playing the money game. Nobody is in a hurry. Honestly at first I was kind of worried about it playing out like this...but I think this actually might play into our favor...

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    All these guys are playing the money game. Nobody is in a hurry. Honestly at first I was kind of worried about it playing out like this...but I think this actually might play into our favor...
    Darvish situation played out exactly as I thought it would. Knew he was holding out for a big market team to offer him more $$$ or the most of the big market teams. Yu wasn't coming to the Brewers. I kind of hope Arrieta doesn't either. I think he's finally looking to cash in big and will kind of mail it in to an extent. Although I like Johnson, the Brewers pitching coach. I think Brewers end up with Lance Lynn, which I wouldn't mind. Be a consistent guy. Brewers still wouldn't have bonafide ace but Chase if he can keep up what he has done is a solid top-half of rotation guy, hopefully Jimmy Nelson comes back close to what he was. Davies and CHacin are good back-end of the rotation guys. Woodruff can step in when someone gets hurt.

I donít think thereís a boatload of suitors yet for arrieta. So itís possible he gets a monster payday, but maybe not. I still like the idea of arrieta. Iím not big on Lynn. Itís possible he continues his recovery and bounces back more, but his peripherals were not good last year. He had an abnormally high hr/FB rate, which should come down and aid his run prevention, but his babip was incredibly lucky and his strand rate was slightly higher than it should have been. Heís been moving in the wrong direction with strikeout and walk rates. You can say the same about arrieta, but arrieta has the better best case scenario.

I could see Cobb, Lynn, or maybe Arrieta taking a 1 year deal with a couple player options at a higher salary. I really wouldn't want to pay any of them big money but on a short term deal, I could be satisfied.

I think Iíd rather pay them big money on a short term deal than pretty big money on a long term deal. But I think we need to add one of them or trade for possibly two pitchers. Our starting rotation isnít good enough yet. If we donít put together a semi legit starting rotation, then the cain and yellich moves seem like a waste.

Sounds like we are one of many teams taking a look at Lincecum tomorrow. Wouldn't mind throwing a bone his way in the hopes he beats out some of our pitching in training camp.

As far as Arrieta goes, it seems his agent is still trying to dig up the market for him. I have to think that the Brewers are just sitting back and trying to figure out how they can produce 2 quality pitchers this offseason and as long as nobody is quick to pull the trigger on signing a deal, we are standing pat on still figuring out our best options.

I have to say I get a little smirk when I think about our starting rotation of

Arrieta
    Anderson
    Davies
    Lincecum
    Chachin

with Jimmy Nelson on his way back.

Arrieta in talks with the Phillies.

Tim Lincecum has been offered a guaranteed MLB deal. No details on the team yet.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213