Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I agree with the Cargo sentiment. He seems like a good fit for the Jays. From Atkins interview it seems like he wants some insurance for both MI spots. Not really sure who they could target but not having to see Barney/Goins on a regular basis would be great.
    Nunez is a named that gets bandied about.

But they might need to look at a trade to fill that spot. I've always liked Josh Harrison on Pittsburgh as a guy that fills multiple spots. Not sure what their off-season plan is, but it might be worth pursuing. He has a few years left with with Team Options at a pretty reasonable salary, so not sure Pittsburgh would have any incentive in moving him unless they loved the package in return or really wanted to cut costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I agree with the Cargo sentiment. He seems like a good fit for the Jays. From Atkins interview it seems like he wants some insurance for both MI spots. Not really sure who they could target but not having to see Barney/Goins on a regular basis would be great.
    FA route. Cozart, Nunez, Walker, Escobar would be my preference from best to worse. Cozart seem's very unlikely and doesn't make a ton of sense considering Tulo is here. Nunez is probably the best choice since he plays both SS/2B and won't be too too pricey.

Trade route short term. Jed Lowrie, Jordy Mercer, Eduardo Escobar, Jose Iglesias, Ian Kinsler, Josh Harrison, Cesar Hernandez, Yangervis Solarte .

Trade route long term. Dee Gordon, Javier Baez or Ian Happ, Johnathan Villar, Johan Camargo

Lots of options.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    FA route. Cozart, Nunez, Walker, Escobar would be my preference from best to worse. Cozart seem's very unlikely and doesn't make a ton of sense considering Tulo is here. Nunez is probably the best choice since he plays both SS/2B and won't be too too pricey.

Trade route short term. Jed Lowrie, Jordy Mercer, Eduardo Escobar, Jose Iglesias, Ian Kinsler, Josh Harrison, Cesar Hernandez, Yangervis Solarte .

Trade route long term. Dee Gordon, Javier Baez or Ian Happ, Johnathan Villar, Johan Camargo

Lots of options.
    I see Cozart being to pricey as a super utility guy. I forgot all about Nunez. He's a guy who could spell players at multiple positions. Profar is another too but I'm not even sure what you would offer Texas but they are going to have to piss or get off the pot with him soon.

I really wish they wouldn't have signed Morales. I was alright with it at the time but him being on the roster is a hinderance. I would eat half of what is left for some team to take him

Dear lord people. No way Nunez signs on with a team looking to make him a bench player after the season he has had this year.

This is the problem with trying to stick with Travis. Anyone that is any good isn't going to want to sign here to be a backup. Keeping Travis as your 2B means you are essentially relegating yourself to reserve level players ( unless you trade for them). How many bench players can give us what Goins did in August and September when he was playing everyday?

Keeping both Tulo and Travis as "starters" really puts them in a tough spot imo. It means they need to find 4 starting caliber middle infielders to get through 162 games because they cant count on either of them to play 140+.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Dear lord people. No way Nunez signs on with a team looking to make him a bench player after the season he has had this year.

This is the problem with trying to stick with Travis. Anyone that is any good isn't going to want to sign here to be a backup. Keeping Travis as your 2B means you are essentially relegating yourself to reserve level players ( unless you trade for them). How many bench players can give us what Goins did in August and September when he was playing everyday?

Keeping both Tulo and Travis as "starters" really puts them in a tough spot imo. It means they need to find 4 starting caliber middle infielders to get through 162 games because they cant count on either of them to play 140+.
    I think you're misinterpreting what people want Nunez for. He would be playing 5-6 times a week at 3-4 different positions and then taking over if/when there are injuries. Like a Ben Zobrist type. And his career high in games played is 141.

Im truly curious as to what kind of value travis has on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Nunez's value is as a super utility guy and he knows it. This team would have no problem finding everyday AB's for him. Plus he would be ahead of either Travis and Tulo right now on the depth chart.

Trading Travis right now is a waste of value. The key right now would be to get rid of Morales and have that DH spot open for JD, Tulo and Travis every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Im truly curious as to what kind of value travis has on the market.
    You'd probably have to look at a player in a similar situation, or a highly touted but failed prospect. Makes me think of Jurickson Profar honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Nunez's value is as a super utility guy and he knows it. This team would have no problem finding everyday AB's for him. Plus he would be ahead of either Travis and Tulo right now on the depth chart.

Trading Travis right now is a waste of value. The key right now would be to get rid of Morales and have that DH spot open for JD, Tulo and Travis every so often.
    Are you sure he knows that? I know that's what we like about him, but this is his first crack at free agency. I would love to have him too, I just doubt the Jays would be willing to pay him like a starter when they have already said publicly that they see Travis as a starter.
    Sure it would work if they get rid of Morales, I just don't see that happening.

If they go into next season with Tulo and Travis up the middle, I fully expect middle infield depth to still be a weakness next season unless Bichette somehow finds his into the mix. Urena may figure things out, but it isn't something I would bet on. There are just too many other holes to fill that are going to cost so e serious dollars.

Are you sure he knows that? I know that's what we like about him, but this is his first crack at free agency. I would love to have him too, I just doubt the Jays would be willing to pay him like a starter when they have already said publicly that they see Travis as a starter.

If they go into next season with Tulo and Travis up the middle, I fully expect middle infield depth to still be a weakness next season unless Bichette somehow finds his into the mix. Urena may figure things out, but it isn't something I would bet on. There are just too many other holes to fill that are going to cost so e serious dollars.
    Sure but they've come out publicly on several occasions and said that those are exactly the type of players they would target this off season.

Well what do you think he is position wise. These last two years he's been all over the field playing 25 games at 2B, 15 games at SS, 53 games at 3B and 18 games in LF. In 2016 he played 6 games at 2B, 79 at 3B and 53 at SS.

He's gonna be a hell of a lot more attractive to teams as a super utility guy IMO then a starter. 2B would be the only position where I would consider him above average as a starter and that's after a career year.

Travis in left and sign a 2b starter. It makes too much sense. Travis' bat plays anywhere. The dude has shown he can hit 25+ hr and bat .310+ if he can stay healthy. To swap him for a failed player is the worst idea on this forum right now.

By failed player I mean trading Travis for a player who has shown no indications they can hit in the league. The hit tool is the number 1 factor for any player at any position. Even SS. If they can't hit at all then they have short careers. Pillar is out of the league right now if he doesn't show flashes of being a decent hitter.

Farrell dismissed. would that be considered a good or bad thing for the Jays offseason?

Could go either way. Depends on who they hire. If they hire Cora as rumored its bad for us. If it's an ausmus, it's likely good for us. But please no Jim Hickey. Last thing we need is a fixed David Price in Boston.

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast