Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    But if I'm the Jays FO I'd be looking for young arms cause if they sell off Donaldson why stop there. Trade Happ and Smoak too.

JD and Happ to STL for Gyorko(who we could trade later on)Reyes, Weaver, Alcantra type of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    I like, but we'll never get all 3. its why I said Flaherty, Pham and Gyorko, Pham is better than people think, getting him and Gyorko alone is pushing it
    Then add Zeke to that mix and maybe another prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Pham should be looked at like we see Smoak. I get he had a break out year and it was an amazing year but some guys need to do it more then one season. He could very well be a late bloomer and stay on this pace but even last year the Cards had guys like Diaz and Piscotty who looked like they were great pieces moving forward who fell back to earth the year after.

Hopefully guys like Pham and Smoak in are case keep this new level of elite play up but I wouldn't put money on it.
    I agree. That's another reason I wouldn't trade Donaldson for a deal centred around Pham. If he regresses then you basically lose Donaldson for two average players (if Gyorko) is the other.

4. 10-03-2017, 03:30 PM
    Reason
    STOP THE INSULTS. YOU CAN GET YOUR POINT ACROSS WITHOUT THEM. - Rush

5. 10-03-2017, 03:46 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post - Rush

6. 10-03-2017, 03:53 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post - Rush

I guarantee that if we traded Donaldson for Pham, Gyorko, and Flaherty as I proposed 3 Weeks ago that we win that deal. It saves payroll so we can go after others and gives us a true leadoff hitter. Even if his power isn't real, which might be so his on base percentage is consistent with his minor league stats.

Gyorko is at worst an average Major League 3B. And Flaherty is a potential #2 starter. Are their risks, yes there are. But there are always risks.

You forget Donaldson is only signed for 1 year. But the Cardinals have targeted him. So they can get Bader into the lineup. Which makes Pham and Gyorko expendable, since Fowler can't be traded.

Once again, you show your ignorance. The Hardest piece to get is Flaherty. Not Pham or Gyorko.

And Fowler has already stated he's be willing to play left field. If That's what they wish.
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 10-03-2017 at 04:10 PM.

I DONT WANT PHAM! I DONT WANT PHAM! I DONT WANT PHAM.

I want to get way younger if we trade JD. I don't want any part of a 30 year old who had a breakout year. That's why I said

Bader
    Alcantara
    Flaherty
    Gyorko

No I complained about mid 30's once again you lie. And I brought up Bader 3 weeks ago well before this thread was even started.

Nice try again kenny, don't you think the posters here can read dates? You keep trying to twist facts but my posts are still there.

And Pham and Gyorko are 29 not 33 or 34. That's another example of you twisting facts as you always do. I repeat you had no clue who Bader was until I mentioned him. You know it's true. Be a MAN and admit it.

I love this by the way, people can see the truth and they're learning you'll twist facts to be poser that you are.

Just admit it and I'll ignore you again.

And yes you posted your trade days ago, weeks after I mentioned bader. You had no clue who Bader was until I did.
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 10-03-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    I guarantee that if we traded Donaldson for Pham, Gyorko, and Flaherty as I proposed 3 Weeks ago that we win that deal. It saves payroll so we can go after others and gives us a true leadoff hitter. Even if his power isn't real, which might be so his on base percentage is consistent with his minor league stats.

Gyorko is at worst an average Major League 3B. And Flaherty is a potential #2 starter. Are their risks, yes there are. But there are always risks.

You forget Donaldson is only signed for 1 year. But the Cardinals have targeted him. So they can get Nader into the lineup. Which makes Pham and Gyorko expendable, since Fowler can't be traded.

Once again, you show your ignorance. The Hardest piece to get is Flaherty. Not Pham or Gyorko.

And Fowler has already stated he's be willing to play left field. If That's what they wish.

Why do you need to add that? Your not smarter then everyone Mike and it's great that you contribute to all the discussions in this forum but when you keep with the insults cause someone disagree's with you you just come off as an *******.

Lance I'm not, I agree. But Kenny decided to start this so I decided to show him for the poser he is....I totally ignored him for weeks but he kept up with his snide little digs at me. So I had no choice. I don't want folks to think I would let him get away with defaming my good name.

I may come of as an ***, but I'm not the one twisting words and lying. Look at how he keeps saying Gyorko and Pham are not 29. When I complained about adding to many 33 and 34 year olds. Who's telling the truth, they are 29. Not 30 like he keeps insisting. And him lying saying he heard about Bader before I mentioned him. It's his lies. Not mine.

He just can't admit it cause he's a poser. Pure and simple.

This can end very easily. Just let him admit he was lying. Do that and I'll let him off the hook. I'll even be a friend again. But it was his digs that started this.

And out of respect for rush I won't respond after this
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 10-03-2017 at 04:36 PM.

So it does sound like the Marlins are gonna be selling off everyone making any kind of $$$. Everyone will be drooling over Stanton but I'd love to get Yelich.

Maybe some Combo of Yelich and Gordon who are signed on for the next 4y gordon and 5y Yelich both at a decent $$$.

I'm sure it would cost a lot something like Travis, Alford, Pearson, Borucki and SRF. Whatever it takes preferably without adding Vlad or Bo.

Yeah he'd be a great get, but we really need a leadoff guy. Yellich does have an excellent obp so he could probably do in a pinch. To me he's more of a #2 or #3 hitter.

Though the prospects you mention don't have that kind of value yet. Remember Yellich is cost controlled for 5 years that makes him prime value

I still don't get why Shapiro did what he did with Alford it really tanked his value. Don't bring a young guy up mid year and sit him on the bench. If they aren't going to play, send them back to build value.

And I realize Alford got dinged up. But unlike how they did with Teoscar, who played every day. They were letting Alford play a game then sit for 2. How's a kid gonna gain confidence like that. Even though Pearson looks to be a stud in the making, the value isn't there in trade til they conquer double A. Too many great arms flame out before then.
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 10-03-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    And weed is legal here next Summer. I wonder if there will be a policy for that?
    I imagine there's something already, given Colorado and Seattle both play in states with leagalized weed. But I also remember reading something along the lines of they don't test in MLB for weed and clubs have called guys up early to protect them from the minor league testing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I imagine there's something already, given Colorado and Seattle both play in states with leagalized weed. But I also remember reading something along the lines of they don't test in MLB for weed and clubs have called guys up early to protect them from the minor league testing, lol.
    It's funny that you mention that because a friend of mine who bar backs at a night club downtown was working bottle service on a night where Stroman and Sanchez had a booth. He claims Stroman asked him if he could find them some weed.

Weed being band is really dumb IMO, especially if guys just use it here and there to help with certain aliments instead of pumping a punch of pain killers in there system. I've had to deal with drug testing my whole career and it's just a huge waste of time and money.
    Hell I've seen first hand guys using coke or drinking much more because they both leave your system in no time.

But anyway back to the offseason I'm liking the though of Cargo more and more as a buy low option. His 1st half was horrible but had a .921 ops in the 2nd half. He still had some pretty bad splits away from Coors but like I said a buy low option who is also a lefty, I also wouldn't be surprised if he looked for a 1y deal to regain some value.

I agree with the Cargo sentiment. He seems like a good fit for the Jays. From Atkins interview it seems like he wants some insurance for both MI spots. Not really sure who they could target but not having to see Barney/Goins on a regular basis would be great.

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast