Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 1081
  1. #706
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    17,409
    Guys, Jerry Howarth just retired. Listening to games up north is gonna be weird this year.

  2. #707
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I like the Breslow signing as a pure LOOGY
    He can't get lefties out, why do you like him as a LOOGY?

  3. #708
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,676
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Guys, Jerry Howarth just retired. Listening to games up north is gonna be weird this year.
    I wish him well, but this is disappointing news.

  4. #709
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    17,409
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I wish him well, but this is disappointing news.
    I'm still in shock and very sad. He was the last original voice of the Jays if you count him branching from the Tom & Jerry era.

  5. #710
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    8,100
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    He can't get lefties out, why do you like him as a LOOGY?
    I guess I didnít do enough digging. He was good last year but, yes, heís been horrible in previous years.

  6. #711
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,043
    Can you imagine if the Yankees swoop in and nab JD Martinez (to DH) and/or Mike Moustakas to play 3B?

    I think they should try to swoop in with a 6x25 offer to nab Martinez out from under both of them. They apparently were willing to eat contracts to get Yelich instead of giving up the 2 young studs. If 165 isn't the number, than go get the best hitter on the market..

    They keep saying they are after a starter, and they keep signing everything but starting pitchers. So who knows what they arw doing..

  7. #712
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,547
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I wish him well, but this is disappointing news.
    You know what's worse? Working straight through until you die. Im happy for him. Can't wait to retire. I'd retire right now if I could.

  8. #713
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,493
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Can you imagine if the Yankees swoop in and nab JD Martinez (to DH) and/or Mike Moustakas to play 3B?

    I think they should try to swoop in with a 6x25 offer to nab Martinez out from under both of them. They apparently were willing to eat contracts to get Yelich instead of giving up the 2 young studs. If 165 isn't the number, than go get the best hitter on the market..

    They keep saying they are after a starter, and they keep signing everything but starting pitchers. So who knows what they arw doing..
    I could see JD (tho I think Boston is on him), if Moustakas can be had for cheap then they go for him, otherwise they are going to wait for Manny Machado for sure. Luckily they got Judge for 5 more years in pre-arb and arb so they can spend the money on guys like Machado.

  9. #714
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,676
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You know what's worse? Working straight through until you die. Im happy for him. Can't wait to retire. I'd retire right now if I could.
    I'm happy for him too. I'm definitely only thinking of my own enjoyment listening to his broadcasts .

    I'm too young too young to retire now, not sure what I'd do with all that time.

  10. #715
    Can hardly wait for the next headline about another AA/AAA player signing. 80 wins will be a sweet dream for this dumpster dive squad!

  11. #716
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    17,409
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You know what's worse? Working straight through until you die. Im happy for him. Can't wait to retire. I'd retire right now if I could.
    If you watch his interview it's painfully obvious he didn't want to retire. Apparently he's been dealing with voice issues for the last couple years.

  12. #717
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    701
    How about Vargas? Is a 3 year-20 million deal worth it?

  13. #718
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,043
    I can't see them giving Vargas a 3 year deal. Maybe a minor league deal with an INVITE to ST though the way this off season is going.


    It appears Sanchez is looking and feeling good. It also looks like Joe Biagini really took their demand of being in better shape if he wants to start pretty seriously from the shots I have seen of him in camp. He looks like a new person. He looks like he has the type of body that can throw 100 pitches per game and 200 innings now. I wonder if that is keeping them from going out and spending on a SP?

  14. #719
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,968
    Yeah. When watching the Jays game online on mlb.tv I was able to "dub" Howarth over Martinez. Going to miss, "And there she goes, the Blue Jays are in flight."

    I guess I have to go back to listening to Martinez again.

  15. #720
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    593
    I really hope that Sanchez was working on getting some callus on his throwing fingers this off season.. dude has tonnes of upside but he's gotta get away from the blister/finger issues
    [CENTER]Maple Leafs/Blue Jays/Raptors/49ers

Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •