Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Marlins and Jays are a good fit for a Gordon trade but Yelich or Ozuna are probably not a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Why grab a long term 3B if you are going to trade JD with Guerrero likely coming sooner rather than later?

Maybe we use JD in a package for Stanton and Gordon?
    That doesn’t really make sense for Miami. The Jays could trade JD to say the Cards and then with some of the new pieces make a move for a guy like Yelich.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    I'd love to have Cain!
    I don't mind Cain, but his defense is already slipping and that was/is/has been a good chunk of his value. At 32 I wouldn't want to go anything more than 3 years with a club option. And I even feel that that is pushing it. 2 years would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    That doesn’t really make sense for Miami. The Jays could trade JD to say the Cards and then with some of the new pieces make a move for a guy like Yelich.
    Id rather replace JD with Stanton and Gordon than with Yelich

What makes sense for Miami is that they would shed all of Stanton's and Gordon's salaries while getting a trade chip still in high demand without a full no trade clause to block a deal....and also some other pieces from us.

What makes sense for the Jays is opening up 3B for Vladito long term while replacing JD's bat with another power hitter locked up long term that we don't have to work out a long term deal with to keep past next season. Not to mention he may actually be cheaper than JD over the next 5 years even if we can re-sign him. ..and that we would also be acquiring one of the best base swipers in baseball to be our leadoff hitter and give them some stability at 2B.

Id rather replace JD with Stanton and Gordon than with Yelich

What makes sense for Miami is that they would shed all of Stanton's and Gordon's salaries while getting a trade chip still in high demand without a full no trade clause to block a deal....and also some other pieces from us.

What makes sense for the Jays is opening up 3B for Vladito long term while replacing JD's bat with another power hitter locked up long term that we don't have to work out a long term deal with to keep past next season. Not to mention he may actually be cheaper than JD over the next 5 years even if we can re-sign him. ..and that we would also be acquiring one of the best base swipers in baseball to be our leadoff hitter and give them some stability at 2B.
    I don't think they'll have a problem moving either Dee Gordon or Stanton (Stanton may actually be the more difficult player to move). Why would they trade 2 players -- who, in aggregate, are probably worth more on the trade market than Donalson -- for Donaldson? Dee Gordon's contract is pretty good value in today's game and Stanton is the reigning MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I don't think they'll have a problem moving either Dee Gordon or Stanton (Stanton may actually be the more difficult player to move). Why would they trade 2 players -- who, in aggregate, are probably worth more on the trade market than Donalson -- for Donaldson? Dee Gordon's contract is pretty good value in today's game and Stanton is the reigning MVP.
    I proposed "a package including Donaldson", not a straight 2 for 1 swap. I have a feeling Stanton doesn't want to leave Miami though. I think he has already told them he won't go to Boston or St Louis. Can't see him waiving his NTC to come this far north.

Jays looking at Robbie Ross according to MLBTR.

Why grab a long term 3B if you are going to trade JD with Guerrero likely coming sooner rather than later?

Maybe we use JD in a package for Stanton and Gordon?
    We need to contend now....Guerrero still a prospect, couple of years away.

I dont think Moustakas is that great. I think he will be overpaid. He's too risky for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    We need to contend now....Guerrero still a prospect, couple of years away.
    Are you leaning towards you'd rather trade him for top end talent?

I'd be okay with that, but they'd need to make a couple of trades and probably sign an FA or two. It can't be a kind of pregnant move where they only address one issue by trading him away and then we're in the same boat as last year.

I like Ozuna... 3 years of control, though he will be expensive in arb with his premium position and large power numbers.

Will take a good haul to get. Same with Yelich.

Stanton with one good prospect and 2 mid prospects if you take his entire salary Im sure the Marlins would have the pen ready to make the deal -- but Stanton has veto power so I doubt he comes to Toronto over Miami, seems like a tropical guy to me, may only go to NY/Boston if he's coming up north.

Just like Houston we need patience to build around our young guys -- trade Vlad would be a huge mistake, he's almost a sure thing.

Guys like Tulo, Martin and Morales will continue to clog our lineup anyways... I dont think we can contend with these guys in the lineup full time (Martin maybe but not the other two now)... injury prone as well.

I think we should get some value back for Donaldson and let 2018/19 be transition years to build the farm and wait for Vlad/Bichette... in those years Sanchez and Stroman will be near free agency so will need to spend some big money to keep them, I dont think it would be prudent to spend on a 32 year old+ Donaldson who will be in the decline of his year... let's build for the future!

Boston and NY both did it and it's now paying off... we had our window and it's close now, time to rebuild we will not compete with those teams for the next few years until our top guys in the farm are ready.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011