Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If you don't care about losers why are you here? I'm sure they'd welcome you in the Rams forum ... or are you one of the "nobody" who cares about this LOSING 49ers team?

As fans, we care about wins and losses and we care about "our" team. I'm fairly sure you are the same.

That said, you keep bringing up left handed comparisons to the Rams and I don't think you are "scoring" anything with that.
    Says the guy that wants the team to go 0-16.

Why do both moderators wish 0-16??? If I were a Rams fan, I'd wish the niners went 0-16 also.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post

Why do both moderators wish 0-16??? If I were a Rams fan, I'd wish the niners went 0-16 also.
    Because its the best thing long term. Oh, sorry, you believe in some 1 time ever curse if they do. Forget that Tom Friggin Landry didn't win a game as a rookie coach either.

Know thy enemy. The Rams after just 4 weeks, (and things can change) have established them as the class of the division.

It's the Rams now that the 49ers will need to beat. The Cards & Seachicken's reign is coming to an end...

So now our comparison will be to our biggest divisional rival. I'm from LA, so I have every reason to be ok with changing teams, but I have 49ers in my blood since the age of 5. The fact that this team has been crappy for 20 years sans Harbaugh years, is unacceptable. Well, maybe acceptable to some niner fans or moderators.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

1. I'm not a moderator of the 49ers forum.

2. I know this team is not going to win anything significant this year. I'm hopeful that the team can challenge for a ring in 3 years and stay there in the long term. This is the first year of the current 6 year plan, and in the first year the cards were stacked to lose games while learning and growing a little at a time.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Because its the best thing long term. Oh, sorry, you believe in some 1 time ever curse if they do. Forget that Tom Friggin Landry didn't win a game as a rookie coach either.
    You think this guy is Tom Landry?

You have no evidence whatsoever that suggests that going 0-16 is the BEST thing for this franchise long term. A simpleton may think that, but John Lynch disagrees with you. I'm pretty sure Bill Walsh would as well.

How this team is constructed will ultimately determine their future success or failure. The players the sign, trade, and draft. Regardless of draft position. Tom Brady wasn't the top pick in the draft and neither was Joe Montana.

We all know Baalke destroyed the talent level on this team due to his poor drafting. But 60% of this roster is hand picked by Kyle & John. By next year, it'll be closer to 80%. This year isn't about the poor roster, it's about the coaching ability of Kyle and the young players they've selected. Kittle & Taylor look decent. Foster is a star, Thomas might be good next year, Withurspoon might be a dud.

Know thy enemy. The Rams after just 4 weeks, (and things can change) have established them as the class of the division.

It's the Rams now that the 49ers will need to beat. The Cards & Seachicken's reign is coming to an end...

So now our comparison will be to our biggest divisional rival. I'm from LA, so I have every reason to be ok with changing teams, but I have 49ers in my blood since the age of 5. The fact that this team has been crappy for 20 years sans Harbaugh years, is unacceptable. Well, maybe acceptable to some niner fans or moderators.
    The Rams are not the "enemy" ... they are one of many teams the 49ers will have to go through to win a ring, but they are irrelevant this year.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

2. I know this team is not going to win anything significant this year. I'm hopeful that the team can challenge for a ring in 3 years and stay there in the long term. This is the first year of the current 6 year plan, and in the first year the cards were stacked to lose games while learning and growing a little at a time.

Jim Tomsula had a 3 year plan, lasted 1.
    Chip Kelly had a 3 year plan, lasted 1.

I have a feeling John Lynch might make those 6 years, but if Kyle can't show to be a competent coach, he may not be around for year 4. And yes, this year will have somewhat of an impact going forward. I've stated previously, if Kyle takes this team of mostly his guys to an 0-16 record, I doubt he's the coach in year 4. John Lynch will have to make a decision.

You have no evidence whatsoever that suggests that going 0-16 is the BEST thing for this franchise long term. A simpleton may think that, but John Lynch disagrees with you. I'm pretty sure Bill Walsh would as well.

How this team is constructed will ultimately determine their future success or failure. The players the sign, trade, and draft. Regardless of draft position. Tom Brady wasn't the top pick in the draft and neither was Joe Montana.

We all know Baalke destroyed the talent level on this team due to his poor drafting. But 60% of this roster is hand picked by Kyle & John. By next year, it'll be closer to 80%. This year isn't about the poor roster, it's about the coaching ability of Kyle and the young players they've selected. Kittle & Taylor look decent. Foster is a star, Thomas might be good next year, Withurspoon might be a dud.
    The point isn't 0-16, the point is gathering talent and coaching up the current talent. John Lynch was part of the decision to prioritize the future over wins this year.

Jim Tomsula had a 3 year plan, lasted 1.
    Chip Kelly had a 3 year plan, lasted 1.

I have a feeling John Lynch might make those 6 years, but if Kyle can't show to be a competent coach, he may not be around for year 4. And yes, this year will have somewhat of an impact going forward. I've stated previously, if Kyle takes this team of mostly his guys to an 0-16 record, I doubt he's the coach in year 4. John Lynch will have to make a decision.
    Tomsula and Kelly were HORRIBLE hires and very few people were fooled into thinking they had the potential to be anything other than bad to average. There is real hope for Shynch.

Bold saying that 0-16 may have an effect in year 4. If Shanahan is fired after year 3 it will be about year 3 not year 1.

Nobody is convinced Shynch is going to work out ... but it's WAY early to make proclamations about it now.

*yawn* Rams have a cupcake season. Teams they've played all give up 20 or more a game on defense so far, and that's not just from Rams scoring. Don't play anyone imposing aside from Seattle, who isn't looking hot either. Forgive us if we don't amount them the "class" yet.

No, I never said that. Simply that your "won't come back from winless" means nothing.

0-16 guarantees a shot at a franchise QB. That's never a sure thing, but the guarantee of your choice of the crop is a phenomenal asset. You're hyperbolic opinion of Lynch and Walsh aside.

A few examples are great, but your own logic works against you. More top QBs come from the 1st round, unless you think any 3rd or 6th round pick will easily be Tom or Joe.

Yeah yeah, Baalke Baalke Baalke. We all knew this was a judgement year for talent on the team moving forward, where have you been?
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 10-01-2017 at 09:21 PM.

*yawn* Rams have a cupcake season. Teams they've played all give up 20 or more a game on defense so far, and that's not just from Rams scoring. Don't play anyone imposing aside from Seattle, who isn't looking hot either. Forgive us if we don't amount them the "class" yet.
    Then who is red? Is your answer nobody? It's certainly NOT the 49ers.

Then who is red? Is your answer nobody? It's certainly NOT the 49ers.
    Until proven otherwise it's Seattle.

Your opinion is the Rams are based on 4 games in a very easy schedule. Sorry if that comes across as...premature?

And yes, I'm aware of how bad you feel your "favorite" team is. You try so hard to make sure everyone does. One would think you dislike them.

No, I never said that. Simply that your "won't come back from winless" means nothing.

0-16 guarantees a shot at a franchise QB.
    I've provided enough examples to the contrary. Some of the best QB's in this league weren't taken #1 overall. Alex Smith was, Jamarcus Russell was. You can get franchise QB's without going 0-16. You could even, wait for it, gasp, trade up and take Goff #1 overall.

That's never a sure thing, but the guarantee of your choice of the crop is a phenomenal asset. You're hyperbolic opinion of Lynch and Walsh aside.
    This year's crop is QB heavy, there are like 4 good QB's, and as of yet, nobody has risen to the top. This isn't suck for luck campaign where there's a no doubt about it QB. There are 4 good ones, finding the right one for Kyle is more important than 0-16 or even the 1st pick in the draft.

A few examples are great, but your own logic works against you. More top QBs come from the 1st round, unless you think any 3rd or 6th round pick will easily be Tom or Joe.
    This is where your logic and argument fail. Last time I checked the 49ers have a first round pick this year. They had one last year, and the year before, in fact they've had 4 first round picks in the past 2 years. They won't need the top pick in the draft, this draft is QB heavy.

Yeah yeah, Baalke Baalke Baalke. We all knew this was a judgement year for talent on the team, where have you been?
    There might come a time Red when you actually expect this franchise to return to its glory. Or maybe not. But the defense, that oh, this team is bad, or its a new system and a new coach, is just total BS. Because other teams in the league have turned things around sooner, and won more often, including the 2011 49ers without OTA camp. The excuse-o-meter doesn't work.

Until proven otherwise it's Seattle.

Your opinion is the Rams are based on 4 games in a very easy schedule. Sorry if that comes across as...premature?

And yes, I'm aware of how bad you feel your "favorite" team is. You try so hard to make sure everyone does. One would think you dislike them.
    The Rams have owned Seattle in recent seasons, so that will be a curious matchup. Beating Dallas in Dallas isn't easy.

Red, if you are going to be objective, take a look at that ferocious Seahawks schedule. lol.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast