Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    These guys are doing it on very little food, sleep, no showers and being paranoid of being voted off. Also, those challenges look really hard because you can't study them ahead of time. Football and basketball, we all know the rules. I saw Ozzy figure things out in a split second and come up with solutions that didn't occur to me (or the others)....it's too bad he never won because he's really good at those challenges. But, no one wants to let him survive far into the merge because he can just win the rest of the way. He only lost one challenge and that was the one he was voted out.
    I think Ozzie is probably my favorite player of all time. I wish he'd have won one too. He is just too big of a physical threat people don't want to keep him around too long and his social game is only average.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I think Ozzie is probably my favorite player of all time. I wish he'd have won one too. He is just too big of a physical threat people don't want to keep him around too long and his social game is only average.
    It's like watching the Michael Jordan of Survivor challenges. Not only is he nimble in challenges, but he has a quick mind too. I saw him diagnose the solution to challenges on the fly--coming up with ways people didn't think of...the smart ones started to copy him during challenges. He's even good at puzzles and mazes. There were some young bucks like Malcolm that were surprisingly good (ok, not surprising since he's really built), but Malcolm couldn't quite match Ozzy. Ozzy was a nice guy his first time around...I guess he tried to adjust his game. You have to be a Grandmaster chess level liar to win 80% of the time and Ozzie's not really at that level of lying. Some of the winners are borderline sociopaths. Others just got there by luck because the great players were gunning for each other and picking each other off. Ozzie was still able to dominate even in his older version, not the 20 something super freak he was back then.

It's like watching the Michael Jordan of Survivor challenges. Not only is he nimble in challenges, but he has a quick mind too. I saw him diagnose the solution to challenges on the fly--coming up with ways people didn't think of...the smart ones started to copy him during challenges. He's even good at puzzles and mazes. There were some young bucks like Malcolm that were surprisingly good (ok, not surprising since he's really built), but Malcolm couldn't quite match Ozzy. Ozzy was a nice guy his first time around...I guess he tried to adjust his game. You have to be a Grandmaster chess level liar to win 80% of the time and Ozzie's not really at that level of lying. Some of the winners are borderline sociopaths. Others just got there by luck because the great players were gunning for each other and picking each other off. Ozzie was still able to dominate even in his older version, not the 20 something super freak he was back then.
    Yeah original Ozzie was an absolute beast, that's for sure. I absolutely hate the liars and schemers but it's what the game is about so they typically win.

What surprised me was that sometimes the non-athletes ended up doing way better than the athletes. Like Ozzy and Malcolm were actually the dominant ones in the group challenges. It was only when the physical threats like Ozzy and Malcolm were eliminated, it left Brad Culpepper as the remaining alpha male, where he could dominate Cirie, Tai, Sarah, Aubry, etc---which were women and older guys. Those non-athletes must be super athletic to get a leg up on the athletes. But, I think Alan Ball, since he plays a safety, one of the most athletic positions on the field, he'd have both athleticism and strength. Ozzy and Malcolm weren't always the strongest guys, but they were the most athletic, fastest and most endurance.
    It's the social game that will be the end of Ball. His lack of a social game will get him voted out before the merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    It's the social game that will be the end of Ball. His lack of a social game will get him voted out before the merge.
    It seemed like he thought he was being clever. I think he watched past seasons of Survivor and is mimicking what he thinks is great game play. He probably saw people like Russell Hantz sow chaos and get really far, but Alan is not understanding the finer points of Russell's game play finesse. Russell figured out who were easily bullied and struck fear in them, plus he kept a lot of his nefarious activities a secret. Alan, in one move, just made everyone not trust him. I didn't understand that strategy at all--"Hey guys, I am not loyal; you can't depend on me; our alliance is no good"--that's what he was communicating.

Another reason they don't want to keep him around is that he relies on winning challenges, so he hasn't burned as many bridges like a Russell Hantz. So, if you let Ozzie into the final 3, he likely can say, hey, I got here without burning as many people as the two sitting next to me. I kind of hate that lesser players like Sandra and Tina Wesson have skated by and won simply because the big sharks were gunning for each other and they won by default. Sandra was even really conceited about winning twice, but in both seasons, the kingpins were going after each other. It's like two rival drug cartels kill each other and leave some remaining underlings as survivor---doesn't mean that person standing was the best player. Boston Rob is one of the best players ever and he won only once.

Another reason they don't want to keep him around is that he relies on winning challenges, so he hasn't burned as many bridges like a Russell Hantz. So, if you let Ozzie into the final 3, he likely can say, hey, I got here without burning as many people as the two sitting next to me. I kind of hate that lesser players like Sandra and Tina Wesson have skated by and won simply because the big sharks were gunning for each other and they won by default. Sandra was even really conceited about winning twice, but in both seasons, the kingpins were going after each other. It's like two rival drug cartels kill each other and leave some remaining underlings as survivor---doesn't mean that person standing was the best player. Boston Rob is one of the best players ever and he won only once.
    I think Sandra was very much overrated.

It seemed like he thought he was being clever. I think he watched past seasons of Survivor and is mimicking what he thinks is great game play. He probably saw people like Russell Hantz sow chaos and get really far, but Alan is not understanding the finer points of Russell's game play finesse. Russell figured out who were easily bullied and struck fear in them, plus he kept a lot of his nefarious activities a secret. Alan, in one move, just made everyone not trust him. I didn't understand that strategy at all--"Hey guys, I am not loyal; you can't depend on me; our alliance is no good"--that's what he was communicating.
    Also Russell was a freaking genius at finding immunity idols. He almost always found one on the first day which allowed him to play more freely. Alan doesn’t have that skill or luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Also Russell was a freaking genius at finding immunity idols. He almost always found one on the first day which allowed him to play more freely. Alan doesn’t have that skill or luxury.
    I think Sandra was very much overrated.
    What do you guys think of the final 4 episodes of Survivor. I thought Ben was one of the most exciting players we've ever had. Those last 4 episodes, he pulled off some of the most dramatic tribal councils I've ever seen. I love underdog back against the wall turning it back around on the tribe type scenarios.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12