Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

College Football Week 5 GDT

Thursday, September 27th, 2017
    Texas @ Iowa State (ESPN, 8:00 PM)

Friday, September 28th, 2017
    #14 Miami @ Duke (ESPN, 7:00 PM)
    #5 USC @ #14 Washington State (ESPN, 10:30 PM)

Saturday, September 29th, 2017
    Northwestern @ #10 Wisconsin (ABC, 12:00 PM)
    18 South Florida @ East Carolina (CBSSN, 12:00 PM)
    Vanderbilt @ #21 Florida (ESPN, 12:00 PM)
    Indiana @ #3 Penn State (BTN, 3:30 PM)
    #7 Georgia @ Tennessee (CBS, 3:30 PM)
    Murray State @ #17 Louisville (ACCNE, 3:30 PM)
    Miami (OH) @ #22 Notre Dame (NBCSN, 5:00 PM)
    #24 Mississippi State @ #13 Auburn (ESPN, 6:00 PM)
    Troy @ #25 LSU (ESPNU, 7:00 PM)
    #11 Ohio State @ Rutgers (BTN, 7:30 PM)
    #2 Clemson @ #12 Virginia Tech (ABC, 8:00 PM)
    #6 Washington @ Oregon State (Pac12, 8:00 PM)
    #15 Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech (FOX, 8:00 PM)
    Ole Miss @ #1 Alabama (ESPN, 9:00 PM)
    Northern Illinois @ #19 San Diego State (CBSSN, 10:30 PM)

thanks for the thread!

feels like a pretty weak week

gotta check out the USC v WSU game though, that could go in any direction, I figure USC dominates the hell out of the game and WSU makes it a respectable score late

other than that I got nothin

oh wait, don't forget the sparty v Iowa game on Fox at 4 (i think), my buddy is trying to get his new girl to go with him

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    thanks for the thread!

feels like a pretty weak week

gotta check out the USC v WSU game though, that could go in any direction, I figure USC dominates the hell out of the game and WSU makes it a respectable score late

other than that I got nothin

oh wait, don't forget the sparty v Iowa game on Fox at 4 (i think), my buddy is trying to get his new girl to go with him
    Yeah, the only Saturday game I really want to see is Clemson-VT. I will also check out Alabama-Ole Miss (given Ole Miss' recent history against Bama) but I expect that to get ugly. USC-WS should be good as well.

I would say MSU-Iowa but that screams ugly, junk ball. If I want that I'll watch Wilton Speight play! I'll have an eye on it because its a game that can affect Michigan but not something I NEED to see.

If I am an Iowa State fan I'm ripping my hair out. 2 turnovers that were overturned, they get the ball back anyway and then throw a pick themselves. Just a really unfortunate series of plays.

Very good week if you're an SEC fan, less so if you're a fan of other conferences or only like the national games.

Florida/Vandy has no timeslot competition and I expect another heart attack-inducing game (as a Florida fan).

Georgia/Tennessee is a good rivalry and you're mistaken if you think Georgia is just going to waltz into Knoxville and get an easy W. Tenn's QB is no Dobbs but he's not totally terrible, and there is some real talent on the team (not to mention I think Kelly will do just fine against the Georgie front 7).

Auburn/Miss. State could determine the 2nd best team in the West. It's pretty early to make those sorts of proclamations but the West looks surprisingly predictable this year whereas the East is totally up in the air. Still, I expect a good game.

Bama/Ole Miss could get interesting. Has been in recent history and I don't take away much from the Vandy beatdown. Bama is obviously strong but I felt going into the season that this Bama team isn't as good as some in recent past. I'd tentatively stand by that even though they've been dominant this season. But even if this game sucks,

South Carolina/Texas A&M could be more interesting than records would indicate. South Carolina may have the best QB in the conference but they're dealing with losing their RB and a relatively disappointing start. Texas A&M just hasn't been very good and were very lucky to win against Arkansas. I think Sumlin is going to be playing for his job a lot of weekends this year and this is just another one.

There's also a good slate tonight with Duke/Miami and USC/Wazzu. The early game could be evenly matched since Duke looks good this year, but the late game is the real treat. In fact, I think this could be the game of the year in the Pac 10 (it's either this or UW/Wazzu).

The idea of a good Clemson/Va Tech game is icing for me. I'll certainly flip to it and I actually expect a good game because of Va Tech's coach and the fact that it's in Blacksburg.

IMO one of those great weeks you get early in the year where you're still not sure what it all means yet.

Good start to the weekend if you like upsets. Washington State takes down USC.

I should've known better

Well Florida-Vandy was close as predicted in this thread (score wise anyway, I did not watch the full game so I do not know if the score was indicative).

Also, forget these announcers telling Powell to go down. Take the 2 score TD and ensure the game is over, instead of kneeling for the sake of it.

Yeah Florida/Vandy was close. Florida controlled the game for once but Vandy didn't go away and had an outside shot at tying the game late in the 4th. Really though it was only close until the 3rd quarter, Florida controlled the clock and yardage throughout.

Sucks about Del Rio, guess he's done for the season. He's not that talented but I did believe he gave Florida its best chance to win this season. Guess we'll see if Franks can improve, because other than highlight plays his game is full of tunnel vision on his hot route, refusal to take easy yards, lack of pocket awareness, and an inability to get the offense into a favorable check at the line. Hate to say it but I think Florida's East hopes are mostly done, and its outside shot at an SEC championship is way gone.

This PSU/Indiana game is about as fun to watch as watching grass grow. Aside from that pick They're just doing what they want.

PROCESSING

Tennessee looks horrible

Bye bye Butch.

Maybe I gave FSU too much credit, even after losing Francois I thought they would take care of Wake Forest. All of the talent they have should be enough to handle WF (though FSU is winning, it is ugly).

FSU needed that win, as ugly as it looked.

Also, Auburn given Mississippi State the business early on.

LSU is in some trouble down 17 at home to Troy. They needed that fumble but there is still a lot to be done if they want to avoid a pretty big upset.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast