Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 81 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1662

Thread: GOP Tax Plan

  1. #1201
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    81,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    There is a guy who stands outside my local 7-11 every day and goes in and buys people what they want and has them buy him beer.

    I honestly don't care nor have I seen actual food stamps (do those even exist anymore?) just EBT cards.

    again... in the grand scheme of things this isn't that big of a deal... we would be better off identify those who don't qualify for these programs than enforcing ticky tack exceptions if wanted to get rid of abuse.
    Well if people donít care enough to report it, then they should stop complaining about fraud or abuse. Iíd rather they stop pretending itís why they support or oppose a plan. They are indifferent to I and thus donít care whether the program gets expanded, cut back, or left the same.

  2. #1202
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    42,821
    I saved $20 on my paycheck! Thanks GOP!

    That's a decent bi-monthly amount to donate to the Sierra Club so they can protect the country from Trump!

  3. #1203
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    There is a guy who stands outside my local 7-11 every day and goes in and buys people what they want and has them buy him beer.

    I honestly don't care nor have I seen actual food stamps (do those even exist anymore?) just EBT cards.

    again... in the grand scheme of things this isn't that big of a deal... we would be better off identify those who don't qualify for these programs than enforcing ticky tack exceptions if wanted to get rid of abuse.
    Yeah. It happens, but speaks more to health care problem in this country than a welfare issue.
    The waste in our welfare system has as much or more to do with how these programs are managed than with fraud.

    My comprehensive welfare reform would start with single payer health care, affordable/free state college tuition, and a guaranteed minimum income. Just eliminated a ton of waste. When people have issues managing the guaranteed minimum income, they could go before a judge that could appoint them an ad litem that could manage their money, make sure they were seeking medical help, make sure they had pursued retraining/schoooing and the like. Judge could enforce. Yeah, Iím a socialist.
    Itíd also help the economy a great deal as well, no minimum wage, no insurance costs on the employer end in regards to employees. You want to pay someone $3 an hour, it costs you $3 dollars an hour.
    Last edited by benny01; 01-12-2018 at 02:04 PM.

  4. #1204
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    81,042
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I saved $20 on my paycheck! Thanks GOP!

    That's a decent bi-monthly amount to donate to the Sierra Club so they can protect the country from Trump!
    Lucky! My paycheck is the exact same to the penny. I must not be important enough.

  5. #1205
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    42,821
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Lucky! My paycheck is the exact same to the penny. I must not be important enough.
    I'm sure my companywide "you're all getting 25% raises thanks to the GOP tax plan" email is coming any minute now....

  6. #1206
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,813
    Your paychecks wonít go up until Feb....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #1207
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,813
    The withholding charts came out by the IRS like two days ago and wonít take in effect until Feb.

    Also an extra $20 per paycheck is like 500 yearly which is a big deal to people living paycheck to paycheck

    And if you donít want it Iíll send you my paypal and Iíll gladly take it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #1208
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    42,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Your paychecks wonít go up until Feb....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So the rates were getting cut anyway (what we're seeing this month) and the further cuts will kick in in February?

    I thought it was a 1/1 effective date.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The withholding charts came out by the IRS like two days ago and wonít take in effect until Feb.

    Also an extra $20 per paycheck is like 500 yearly which is a big deal to people living paycheck to paycheck

    And if you donít want it Iíll send you my paypal and Iíll gladly take it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the sacrifice is my parents losing medicare/medicaid, social security getting purged one day, a trillion dollar deficit addition, etc.....I think there's a bigger deal that people would care about. And I sure hope (and expect) people making less than me who have to live paycheck to paycheck are getting a bigger cut than I did. I assume they will or will see the benefit on their returns.

    Also, I just realized that I was wrong and the cut is likely bigger given my withholding status, etc. etc.....so for me it was a knee-jerk response for sure.

  9. #1209
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    So the rates were getting cut anyway (what we're seeing this month) and the further cuts will kick in in February?

    I thought it was a 1/1 effective date.



    If the sacrifice is my parents losing medicare/medicaid, social security getting purged one day, a trillion dollar deficit addition, etc.....I think there's a bigger deal that people would care about. And I sure hope (and expect) people making less than me who have to live paycheck to paycheck are getting a bigger cut than I did. I assume they will or will see the benefit on their returns.

    Also, I just realized that I was wrong and the cut is likely bigger given my withholding status, etc. etc.....so for me it was a knee-jerk response for sure.
    None of the tax stuff changes this month. In February the new withholding changes go in effect so 90% of working Americans will get a higher paycheck. When you file your taxes this year itís still under the old plan so you wonít see any changes from that until next years taxes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #1210
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The withholding charts came out by the IRS like two days ago and wonít take in effect until Feb.

    Also an extra $20 per paycheck is like 500 yearly which is a big deal to people living paycheck to paycheck

    And if you donít want it Iíll send you my paypal and Iíll gladly take it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís not that big a deal. Itís 500 bucks. Itíll go to their health care and they will still be hundreds short. This idea, that because a person makes 15-20k a year, that 500 dollars is life changing is a joke. Itís $500 dollars
    Itíll be cool to see the extra few bucks for a paycheck or two and the thrill will be over when they pay bills at the end of the month. Itís not putting there kids through school or putting groceries on the table.
    Last edited by benny01; 01-12-2018 at 05:23 PM.

  11. #1211
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Itís not that big a deal. Itís 500 bucks. Itíll go to their health care and they will still be hundreds short. This idea, that because a person makes 15-20k a year, that 500 dollars is life changing is a joke. Itís $500 dollars
    Itíll be cool to see the extra few bucks for a paycheck or two and the thrill will be over when they pay bills at the end of the month. Itís not putting there kids through school or putting groceries on the table.
    No one said itís life changing but it makes peopleís life easier


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #1212
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    No one said itís life changing but it makes peopleís life easier


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not really. It makes no difference at all, the bill itself hurts those families. Will be immediately offset in healthcare costs, nevermind inflation. It is nothing.

  13. #1213
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    81,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    No one said itís life changing but it makes peopleís life easier


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Stimulus package that Obama signed in 2009 gave people about double that back and no one noticed it.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

  14. #1214
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    42,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    None of the tax stuff changes this month. In February the new withholding changes go in effect so 90% of working Americans will get a higher paycheck. When you file your taxes this year itís still under the old plan so you wonít see any changes from that until next years taxes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah obviously on the filing for this year. We received notice internally that they were in effect on 1/1, but thats what you get for trusting HR Either way, it'll be a year before I see the full effect, so I'll eagerly await.

  15. #1215
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    42,821
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The Stimulus package that Obama signed in 2009 gave people about double that back and no one noticed it.
    That may have been overshadowed (rightfully so) by a bunch of billionaires, corporations and financial institutions getting bailed out with tax payer money.

Page 81 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •