Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 76 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1713

Thread: GOP Tax Plan

The most recent AT&T stock buyback was about $27B.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No, you don't get to try to have your cake and eat it too. Earlier in this thread Brewer was posting about how AT&T was planning to give workers bonuses and invest Billions if Trump's tax cut is passed and now that they are laying people off suddenly they are a dying industry that needs to lay of employees to stay solvent?
    dude... the layoffs represent an insignificant amount of their workforce and they are in specific dying segments DIRECTV...

Once again critics like yourself are glossing over the part of their press release that says if they have skillsets they will be offered positions in other parts of their company.

Do you guys even know why they have to announce the layoffs? Its called the stupid WARN act which means whenever you layoff more than 50 people you have to provide advance notice. All they are doing with their announcement is following the law. The number of people actually being laid off will be significantly less than the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    My company still hasn't given out a Trump bonus. Why not!
    your company sucks?

Remember everything critics of the tax bill were saying about the bill in here? Yeah, turns out Marc Rubio agrees:

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/36...p-corporations

said in an interview published Friday that Republicans “probably went too far” cutting corporate taxes in their just-enacted overhaul of the tax code.

Rubio said he expects corporations to pay out higher dividends to shareholders and buy back shares to increase their stock price with proceeds from the bill.

“You’re going to see a lot of these multinationals buy back shares to drive up the price,” Rubio told the southwest Florida-based News-Press.

“Some of them will be forced, because they’re sitting on historic levels of cash, to pay out dividends to shareholders,” Rubio said. “That isn’t going to create dramatic economic growth.”
    why is this a shock? If anyone is ever happy with a 100% of a piece of legislation it probably isn't good legislation.

That doesn't make it "bad" though

Goes back to my metaphor earlier. US Bank is giving $60,000 in $1,000 bonuses to 60,000 employees and their CEO and Board of Directors will each get raises of millions of dollars, yet we should be thankful for the $60,000 and not ask any questions about why they get millions more and us plebs only 1,000s.

Very much reeks of "Please sir, may I have some more?" levels of disparity.
    that's some bad math dude... try $60 million

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    what would our employment rate look like without historically low interest rates?
    I don't know Obama what would it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    "Even if you believe economic analyses that suggest corporate tax cuts are good for wages, it shouldn’t happen right away. Any trickle-down should come about because the tax cuts lead to higher investment, which leads over time to a larger capital stock and it’s the increase in the capital stock, which may take many years, that leads to the wage rise.

Sure the labor market is tight, lots of companies are raising wages at least a bit in the face of tight labor markets; pretending that it’s because of the tax cut is a cheap way to curry favor with an administration that has no hesitation about using regulatory and antitrust decisions to reward friends and punish enemies." -Paul Krugman
    yes... the corporate tax cuts aren't and immediate impact... SMFH

Did you get your degree from Iowa State in French also?

I hear CNBC is hiring

http://deadline.com/2017/03/att-ceo-...on-1202041171/

The CEO of AT&T made $28.4 million last year, a 13.1% increase from 2016. That’s a $3.7 million raise.

AT&T said it’s giving a $1,000 bonus to 200,000 employees.

That’s .05% of what he got for a raise alone in 2017, let alone how much AT&T will save from the new tax bill.

You are saying a CEO is generous for giving back .05% of his raise to workers, get the **** out with that.
    omfg... that isn't wages it is equity appreciation on options, pensions, etc... his salary is only $1.8 million

https://www.indystar.com/story/money...led/992690001/

Yeah, those other positions are sales jobs that pay far less than their previous jobs.

But again, they should be thankful AT&T has deigned to give them a job at all...
    omfg... basically an article written by the union with no fact check... beyond ridiculous

articles that use "not aware" and "we believe" are worthless on their face

I (We) believe ATT is the greatest company in the history of the world and I am not aware of anyone disagreeing

See what I did there

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    your company sucks?
    They’re Fortune 6...that’s supposed to mean they have a fortune to give out to employees. It couldn’t be that they’re not trying to bribe us to Republicans like some of these other companies. Could it?

They’re Fortune 6...that’s supposed to mean they have a fortune to give out to employees. It couldn’t be that they’re not trying to bribe us to Republicans like some of these other companies. Could it?
    my sympathies... Insurers have to maintain that tightrope balance of not pissing off the people that pay the bills

my sympathies... Insurers have to maintain that tightrope balance of not pissing off the people that pay the bills
    Maybe. But I know that AT&T and Five-Third bank have CEOs that give near exclusively to the GOP. I imagine many others that did these one time bonuses probably do too. Small price to pay to protect their tax cuts.

Maybe. But I know that AT&T and Five-Third bank have CEOs that give near exclusively to the GOP. I imagine many others that did these one time bonuses probably do too. Small price to pay to protect their tax cuts.
    I am just talking about the juxtaposition of insurers handing out bonuses and premiums escalating so rapidly

The public backlash would be ruthless

dude... the layoffs represent an insignificant amount of their workforce and they are in specific dying segments DIRECTV...

Once again critics like yourself are glossing over the part of their press release that says if they have skillsets they will be offered positions in other parts of their company.

Do you guys even know why they have to announce the layoffs? Its called the stupid WARN act which means whenever you layoff more than 50 people you have to provide advance notice. All they are doing with their announcement is following the law. The number of people actually being laid off will be significantly less than the announcement.
    omfg... basically an article written by the union with no fact check... beyond ridiculous

articles that use "not aware" and "we believe" are worthless on their face

I (We) believe ATT is the greatest company in the history of the world and I am not aware of anyone disagreeing

See what I did there
    Can we spare a moment and listen to you believe AT&T's press release completely and then cast doubt on the Union saying their press release is not wholly correct?

There's no fact check on AT&T's press release either, odd you choose to believe one over the other. Yeah, you sure look real unbiased right now.

AT&T PRESS RELEASE: All Unions are evil and AT&T is greatest company in universe ever, giving out trillion dollar bonuses to everyone!

Vinylman: Look how awesome AT&T is!

See what I did there.

I don't know Obama what would it look like?

Page 76 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast