Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 76 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1713

Thread: GOP Tax Plan

  1. #1126
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    82,644
    The most recent AT&T stock buyback was about $27B.

  2. #1127
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,383
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No, you don't get to try to have your cake and eat it too. Earlier in this thread Brewer was posting about how AT&T was planning to give workers bonuses and invest Billions if Trump's tax cut is passed and now that they are laying people off suddenly they are a dying industry that needs to lay of employees to stay solvent?
    dude... the layoffs represent an insignificant amount of their workforce and they are in specific dying segments DIRECTV...

    Once again critics like yourself are glossing over the part of their press release that says if they have skillsets they will be offered positions in other parts of their company.

    Do you guys even know why they have to announce the layoffs? Its called the stupid WARN act which means whenever you layoff more than 50 people you have to provide advance notice. All they are doing with their announcement is following the law. The number of people actually being laid off will be significantly less than the announcement.

  3. #1128
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,383
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    My company still hasn't given out a Trump bonus. Why not!
    your company sucks?

  4. #1129
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,383
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Remember everything critics of the tax bill were saying about the bill in here? Yeah, turns out Marc Rubio agrees:

    http://thehill.com/policy/finance/36...p-corporations

    said in an interview published Friday that Republicans “probably went too far” cutting corporate taxes in their just-enacted overhaul of the tax code.

    Rubio said he expects corporations to pay out higher dividends to shareholders and buy back shares to increase their stock price with proceeds from the bill.

    “You’re going to see a lot of these multinationals buy back shares to drive up the price,” Rubio told the southwest Florida-based News-Press.

    “Some of them will be forced, because they’re sitting on historic levels of cash, to pay out dividends to shareholders,” Rubio said. “That isn’t going to create dramatic economic growth.”
    why is this a shock? If anyone is ever happy with a 100% of a piece of legislation it probably isn't good legislation.

    That doesn't make it "bad" though

  5. #1130
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,383
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Goes back to my metaphor earlier. US Bank is giving $60,000 in $1,000 bonuses to 60,000 employees and their CEO and Board of Directors will each get raises of millions of dollars, yet we should be thankful for the $60,000 and not ask any questions about why they get millions more and us plebs only 1,000s.

    Very much reeks of "Please sir, may I have some more?" levels of disparity.
    that's some bad math dude... try $60 million

  6. #1131
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,383
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    what would our employment rate look like without historically low interest rates?
    I don't know Obama what would it look like?

  7. #1132
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,383
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    "Even if you believe economic analyses that suggest corporate tax cuts are good for wages, it shouldn’t happen right away. Any trickle-down should come about because the tax cuts lead to higher investment, which leads over time to a larger capital stock and it’s the increase in the capital stock, which may take many years, that leads to the wage rise.

    Sure the labor market is tight, lots of companies are raising wages at least a bit in the face of tight labor markets; pretending that it’s because of the tax cut is a cheap way to curry favor with an administration that has no hesitation about using regulatory and antitrust decisions to reward friends and punish enemies." -Paul Krugman
    yes... the corporate tax cuts aren't and immediate impact... SMFH

    Did you get your degree from Iowa State in French also?

    I hear CNBC is hiring

  8. #1133
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,383
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    http://deadline.com/2017/03/att-ceo-...on-1202041171/

    The CEO of AT&T made $28.4 million last year, a 13.1% increase from 2016. That’s a $3.7 million raise.

    AT&T said it’s giving a $1,000 bonus to 200,000 employees.

    That’s .05% of what he got for a raise alone in 2017, let alone how much AT&T will save from the new tax bill.

    You are saying a CEO is generous for giving back .05% of his raise to workers, get the **** out with that.
    omfg... that isn't wages it is equity appreciation on options, pensions, etc... his salary is only $1.8 million

  9. #1134
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,383
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.indystar.com/story/money...led/992690001/

    Yeah, those other positions are sales jobs that pay far less than their previous jobs.

    But again, they should be thankful AT&T has deigned to give them a job at all...
    omfg... basically an article written by the union with no fact check... beyond ridiculous

    articles that use "not aware" and "we believe" are worthless on their face


    I (We) believe ATT is the greatest company in the history of the world and I am not aware of anyone disagreeing


    See what I did there

  10. #1135
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    82,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    your company sucks?
    They’re Fortune 6...that’s supposed to mean they have a fortune to give out to employees. It couldn’t be that they’re not trying to bribe us to Republicans like some of these other companies. Could it?

  11. #1136
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,383
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    They’re Fortune 6...that’s supposed to mean they have a fortune to give out to employees. It couldn’t be that they’re not trying to bribe us to Republicans like some of these other companies. Could it?
    my sympathies... Insurers have to maintain that tightrope balance of not pissing off the people that pay the bills

  12. #1137
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    82,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    my sympathies... Insurers have to maintain that tightrope balance of not pissing off the people that pay the bills
    Maybe. But I know that AT&T and Five-Third bank have CEOs that give near exclusively to the GOP. I imagine many others that did these one time bonuses probably do too. Small price to pay to protect their tax cuts.

  13. #1138
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,383
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Maybe. But I know that AT&T and Five-Third bank have CEOs that give near exclusively to the GOP. I imagine many others that did these one time bonuses probably do too. Small price to pay to protect their tax cuts.
    I am just talking about the juxtaposition of insurers handing out bonuses and premiums escalating so rapidly

    The public backlash would be ruthless

  14. #1139
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    23,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    dude... the layoffs represent an insignificant amount of their workforce and they are in specific dying segments DIRECTV...

    Once again critics like yourself are glossing over the part of their press release that says if they have skillsets they will be offered positions in other parts of their company.

    Do you guys even know why they have to announce the layoffs? Its called the stupid WARN act which means whenever you layoff more than 50 people you have to provide advance notice. All they are doing with their announcement is following the law. The number of people actually being laid off will be significantly less than the announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    omfg... basically an article written by the union with no fact check... beyond ridiculous

    articles that use "not aware" and "we believe" are worthless on their face

    I (We) believe ATT is the greatest company in the history of the world and I am not aware of anyone disagreeing

    See what I did there
    Can we spare a moment and listen to you believe AT&T's press release completely and then cast doubt on the Union saying their press release is not wholly correct?

    There's no fact check on AT&T's press release either, odd you choose to believe one over the other. Yeah, you sure look real unbiased right now.

    AT&T PRESS RELEASE: All Unions are evil and AT&T is greatest company in universe ever, giving out trillion dollar bonuses to everyone!

    Vinylman: Look how awesome AT&T is!

    See what I did there.

  15. #1140
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I don't know Obama what would it look like?

Page 76 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •