Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    idk why we're still saying we need an elite rb next year when we will still have ajayi. not saying he's elite but he's good an i also like clement as the number 2. id of course like to go best player available but i could see us going after a wr with the first pick. maybe even trade out of the first an grab a extra pick
    I haven't seen fans on psd claiming that the eagles still need a RB since the ajayi trade, maybe outside psd though, idk.

It's not even so much that "ajayi is the answer" but I'd like to see what he can do for sure. With the addition of ajayi, at the very least it allows the Eagles to upgrade other positions for another year or two while he's the featured back. Now, if he gets seriously injured or if he plays poorly the rest of the season, I think I may look at that first pick and think that running backs could be had in the 2nd and 3rd round so I'd either take the best tackle available or I'd trade back and take best tackle available or best running back available while also gaining an additional pick in a draft where they lack high picks (no 2nd or 3rd round picks currently).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I'm pretty sure 100% of the people saying to get a RB was before Ajayi was acquired...
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Lol beat me to the punch.
    Ah.. Beat me to it.. Haha

Your baby can't do this

Just a thought, but I don't think the Eagles offense requires a legit #1 WR. Obviously it would help, but is it really needed? You look at the current eagles and who is the #1 option? I'd say it looks to me like it's Zach ertz. Wentz has been able to spread the ball around pretty efficiently amongst the wide receivers. Alshon Jeffery demands attention for sure, but I think he can be replaced. Same with Torrey Smith.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Just a thought, but I don't think the Eagles offense requires a legit #1 WR. Obviously it would help, but is it really needed? You look at the current eagles and who is the #1 option? I'd say it looks to me like it's Zach ertz. Wentz has been able to spread the ball around pretty efficiently amongst the wide receivers. Alshon Jeffery demands attention for sure, but I think he can be replaced. Same with Torrey Smith.

Hadn't thought of it like that, but Ertz actually is the number 1 receiver.

The return... 2018-19

It's so hard for me to figure out just what is and isn't needed.

Wentz didn't look great last season, showed flashes but overall not great. Could that be attributed from the WRs and Lane's suspension? It sure seems so especially with how well he's doing now and you see how poor his top WR (Matthews) is doing on another team.

In saying that though, it would seem that the Eagles actually might need top WRs since the offense is clicking so well with a legit top guy (AJ even though his stats aren't reflecting it, similarly to how I view Zeke in that AJ is a guy that even if he's not producing is going to require attention and thus opening up other parts of the offense to aide in plays). It's hard to say that if you replace him with Matthews if NA, Ertz, and Wentz would have what they have with him. It's similar to how I felt with Jackson leaving. I wasn't too worried but you see the addition of Torrey has stretched the field and is that threat that opens up a lot as well.

I won't cry if Jeffery isn't here next season but I'd think they'd need to get a guy better than a Jordan Matthews next season.

Regardless, Wentz has progressed tremendously which makes him the obvious cog to making the team go. The additions of AJ and TS definitely aided Wentz but could've just been that push he needed to elevate his game to the point that even with a drop in WR talent, Wentz will be a guy to make the guys around him better as it'll be on him to prove he can do more with less from this point out. I feel confident in saying that's him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Personally, I would like us to get a solid LB and OL in the draft. Fill other upgrades through FA...I was thinking that we could let Torrey go and try Pryor out for a minute. I know Pryor is having a bad year but being the third option on our squad could be a sneaky good pickup for us (an possibly cheap on a 1 year prove-it deal). If we wanted a high end 1WR and wanted to pay for it, Sammy Watkins and Jarvis Landry are the only two possible options I think at this point.

I like Ajayi and think he will fit in great with our team. I think shoring up our defense and OL should be the offseason mission.

EDIT/ADD: And make sure we at least maintain our WR corps. Like I said, cutting Smith and getting Pryor could be an upgrade, but I think we should give AJ a three year deal if he can make the $$ work.

It's so hard for me to figure out just what is and isn't needed.

Wentz didn't look great last season, showed flashes but overall not great. Could that be attributed from the WRs and Lane's suspension? It sure seems so especially with how well he's doing now and you see how poor his top WR (Matthews) is doing on another team.

In saying that though, it would seem that the Eagles actually might need top WRs since the offense is clicking so well with a legit top guy (AJ even though his stats aren't reflecting it, similarly to how I view Zeke in that AJ is a guy that even if he's not producing is going to require attention and thus opening up other parts of the offense to aide in plays). It's hard to say that if you replace him with Matthews if NA, Ertz, and Wentz would have what they have with him. It's similar to how I felt with Jackson leaving. I wasn't too worried but you see the addition of Torrey has stretched the field and is that threat that opens up a lot as well.

I won't cry if Jeffery isn't here next season but I'd think they'd need to get a guy better than a Jordan Matthews next season.

Regardless, Wentz has progressed tremendously which makes him the obvious cog to making the team go. The additions of AJ and TS definitely aided Wentz but could've just been that push he needed to elevate his game to the point that even with a drop in WR talent, Wentz will be a guy to make the guys around him better as it'll be on him to prove he can do more with less from this point out. I feel confident in saying that's him.
    See, I've been trying to decide for weeks if it's the additional talent around Wentz (in other words Torrey Smith and alshon Jeffery) or if it's just that Wentz is that much better from year 1 to year 2. I think it's a little bit of both, but I mostly think it's Wentz that has just grown as a player. If you think about this time last year, we were all saying that Wentz has accuracy issues, inconsistent release points and throwing motions etc. This year, we've seen a bad throw or two occasionally, but I think he's a million times more accurate than last year and his mechanics look much improved and more consistent imo. Now, does AJ and Torrey Smith command attention? Absolutely. Torrey Smith is a burner that safeties need to respect or its gonna be a homerun ball and AJ has such a huge catch radius that you almost have to have 2 defenders on him or he will win most 50-50 balls so in addition to the man on him, there's probably always going to be safety help or a man biting in his direction a bit.

Now, the question is will Wentz be as efficient without these guys? Hard to say. I think if Eagles add a speed guy to the outside and add a big body receiver that can make catches far away from his body (or if mack hollins gets better as a wide receiver) the Eagles will be fine. Like I said, having a #1 wide receiver always helps but I don't think Wentz necessarily needs one as he has a fantastic tight end that is a great security blanket and running backs that can catch the ball. It's a good point that AJ and smith are like the Eagles Ezekiel Elliot in that if you take them away, they won't be nearly as effective. I think that's sonewhat true, but I don't think it would be as bad as losing zeke. I mean Wentz has really spread the ball around fantastically this year, he's made 2nd string guys like mack hollins, trey Burton, and Marcus Johnson get some big catches and not to mention Nelson agholor is having easily his best year so far catching the ball (but I also think a lot of his progression has to do with him as well imo).

Your baby can't do this

I want nothing but OL and defense next year.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Yeah me too. First round go OL and then just defense the rest. By next year, we can see what Mack and Gibson are working with in terms of wide receivers.

The return... 2018-19

I'll place money down right now that if the Eagles finish with the 25th or higher overall pick, they're trading back into the 2nd round to get an additional pick in the 3rd or possibly the 2019 draft.

Eh, I'd actually say the 20th or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

In my opinion, rounds 1-3 are where you get your stars. Rounds 4-7 are where you round out your team.
    YES - sometimes you get lucky with a lower round pick but you shouldn't count on it.
    Next year, with only a 1st rounder, they won't be drafting a lot of stars. Since they went defense this year, they should go offense with the 1st next year - either a tackle or a WR. If they can find a good LB in rounds 4-7, then great.
    It may be in free agency but they should also get a guard, a center, and another TE to take Celek's place.

I'll place money down right now that if the Eagles finish with the 25th or higher overall pick, they're trading back into the 2nd round to get an additional pick in the 3rd or possibly the 2019 draft.

Makes even more sense.

The return... 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Agreed

Your baby can't do this

Absolutely. Howie has always been one to trade back a few spots* to get additional picks. If Eagles get the 25th pick I could easily see them trading back for a low 2nd and low 3rd round pick for sure. I could see this happening especially after the 2017 nfl draft where the Eagles have mack hollins and rasul Douglas being impact players as 3rd and 4th round picks

Last edited by jaydubb; 11-17-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Your baby can't do this

We need to trade up and draft best QB available.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast