Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Have you been happy with the addition of Alshon and Torrey?

Wanted to know you guys' thoughts about our current receiver situation. Good, bad, and ugly. Go.

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

I would like to see more "tough" catches out of Alshon. When he was signed all you would hear is how he uses his body and strength to make touch catches. Otherwise he has done a good job so far, could be better though.

Torrey Smith has been a disappointment so far but cant blame him 100%. He has had a few drops that could have changed the game, however Wentz didn't help him much, balls could have been placed better but were still catch-able. He is definitely fast, wentz needs to connect on the deep throws. Also that week 1 fumble? I guess he is fine considering his contract.

Overall it is hard to complain after the Wr's eagles have had last few years. So I am ok with this, hopefully Alshon and Wentz connect more and wentz improves his deep ball resulting in Smith getting more touches.
    Last edited by mnatiq; 09-27-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Have they been great? - NO. SOME of the fault is Wentz's. They have been open a few times and he missed them.
    Are they better then last year's receivers - YES.
    Should they look for receivers next year? - Probably and probably in free agency.

"With the 32nd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select" - a wide receiver - O.K. - a running back - maybe.
    but I would take an O-lineman, regardless of where they pick.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    I would like to see more "tough" catches out of Alshon. When he was signed all you would hear is how he uses his body and strength to make touch catches. Otherwise he has done a good job so far, could be better though.

Torrey Smith has been a disappointment so far but cant blame him 100%. He has had a few drops that could have changed the game, however Wentz didn't help him much, balls could have been placed better but were still catch-able. He is definitely fast, wentz needs to connect on the deep throws. Also that week 1 fumble? I guess he is fine considering his contract.

Overall it is hard to complain after the Wr's eagles have had last few years. So I am ok with this, hopefully Alshon and Wentz connect more and wentz improves his deep ball resulting in Smith getting more touches.
    With Alshon - I definitely agree. I will say that I can see the potential of this, based on his body positioning on certain throws, but I want to really see him make those catches that nobody else can.

Torrey has been a disappointment with sooo many drops, but the threat of speed is certainly there. That pass interference call is a game changer.

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

I downplayed the loss of Jackson back then but seeing how Torrey is opening up with his speed and the PI calls, it does show that speed on the outside can certainly help things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I downplayed the loss of Jackson back then but seeing how Torrey is opening up with his speed and the PI calls, it does show that speed on the outside can certainly help things.
    Absolutely ^^

Torrey Smith hasn't wowed anybody with the stats, but he has gotten behind the defense quite a few times already and unfortunately Wentz has missed him on a couple deep balls so far. Still, defenses see that threat and they can't cheat with the safeties so it opens up a lot of underneath routes, that's a big reason why Zach ertz is on pace to have his best season so far imo

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

AJ hasn't looked like the typical #1 WR yet, but he does seem to come up with some pretty big catches. He may be 2nd on the team in 3rd down conversions to Zach ertz imo. I'd love to see him become more of a target in the red zone though. The TD against KC is a good start but I think Wentz needs to just lob it up for him to go and get a little more in the red zone, give him a chance to make a play.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Have they been great? - NO. SOME of the fault is Wentz's. They have been open a few times and he missed them.
    Are they better then last year's receivers - YES.
    Should they look for receivers next year? - Probably and probably in free agency.

"With the 32nd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select" - a wide receiver - O.K. - a running back - maybe.
    but I would take an O-lineman, regardless of where they pick.
    This ^^ is mostly how I feel.. They haven't been great, some is Wentz fault, some is their own fault but they are still easily better than what the Eagles had last year.

By the way, I see what ya did there... 32nd pick eh, I sure hope so.. Haha

Your baby can't do this

Exactly, Wr was never really a issue when Djack was here, well we also had Maclin (WOW) But the position went downhill after he got cut, thanks chip. Having that deep threat really does help other receivers. LOL I remember how much Bdawk4 defended Chip when he cut Djack.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Exactly, Wr was never really a issue when Djack was here, well we also had Maclin (WOW) But the position went downhill after he got cut, thanks chip. Having that deep threat really does help other receivers. LOL I remember how much Bdawk4 defended Chip when he cut Djack.
    I thought Djax/deep threat was overstated too. Maclin was amazing the year after Djax was cut though. It was definitely a lot more than just Jackson being let go. Even right now, imagine if Carson had Maclin, McCoy, and Desean. I'd take those three right now over Alshon, Torrey, and Blount every day of the week. Chip really screwed this team up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

According to a certain poster in the main, Smith is great since he was really good 4 years ago.

I thought Djax/deep threat was overstated too. Maclin was amazing the year after Djax was cut though. It was definitely a lot more than just Jackson being let go. Even right now, imagine if Carson had Maclin, McCoy, and Desean. I'd take those three right now over Alshon, Torrey, and Blount every day of the week. Chip really screwed this team up.
    You sold me at McCoy. Plus we would have Ertz

Its hard to say because Wentz go to guy is Ertz that no secret, he also been overthrowing on deep balls, and Peterson calls screen plays that none of the WR seem to have any interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Absolutely ^^

Torrey Smith hasn't wowed anybody with the stats, but he has gotten behind the defense quite a few times already and unfortunately Wentz has missed him on a couple deep balls so far. Still, defenses see that threat and they can't cheat with the safeties so it opens up a lot of underneath routes, that's a big reason why Zach ertz is on pace to have his best season so far imo

Ertz is on pace for his best season bc nobody has really been able to cover him and he has finally been utilized correctly moving him all over the field to create favorable matchups. Not unlike the way the Saints used Jimmy Graham. Tight coverage hasn't mattered, but holding the safeties deep in theory should help the run game and the presence of AJ doesn't allow opposing teams to roll coverage his way.

I would imagine that Torrey Smith is likely gone by next year. He hasn't necessarily been bad, but I expect us to need to allocate that salary into another direction. He really showed some poor effort/blocking on some of those WR screens. Especially with the praise they've been hyping on Mack Hollins who looks like he could take over that role.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast