Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 109 of 170 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2542
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Please explain how Ingram and Stewart are all-around players compared to Howard? Howard can catch a screen pass. Cohen can run the ball. Our coaches last year just couldnít use them correctly. I expect the new regime to handle them a lot differently, and spect them to both be on the field together ALOT this year.
    Are you serious ? I like Howard, but he's just above average and completely one dimensional

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Are you serious ? I like Howard, but he's just above average and completely one dimensional

The bears donít have too many players that are above average on this roster. So why are we actually talking about replacing one of them, when all he has done produce.

Iíll just agree to disagree with everyone who feels we should try upgrading our #1 positional strength of our team.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    The bears donít have too many players that are above average on this roster. So why are we actually talking about replacing one of them, when all he has done produce.

Iíll just agree to disagree with everyone who feels we should try upgrading our #1 positional strength of our team.
    We're talking about a Todd Gurley, Adrian Peterson type of prospect falling into our laps. It probably won't happen but we'd be idiots to not take him.

Click here to register!

I wouldn't disagree completely that Howard's lack of usefulness in the receiving game is a major setback, but I think being a top 5 pure runner makes him better than "above average." As long as he's around your team is gonna run the ball really well. That said, as with most players, I wouldn't mind exploring a trade for him if a) the right guy becomes available and b) the return is right.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

In my mind, howard is a guy who has exceptional work ethic. With a guy like that, his catching skills are not a major concern to me because it will likely be the key focus of his offseason. It's not like we are talking about running vision, power, or speed (although his top end is not the best) which are things that are difficult to improve significantly. He can improve his hands by putting in the work. Maybe not to a matt forte level but to an average level. And considering his work ethic, I would expect him to improve quite a bit this offseason. The issue was not as glaring his rookie year as it was this year. I know he said he worked on it last offseason too, but its a long-term improvement scale and some of his drops came when he was playing through a tough injury to a bum shoulder.

Also would say that some of Howards best value is in something we have rarely seen yet. When the bears hold a late lead and need to burn clock. He is built for that specifically, in getting yards against stacked boxes. That is a huge trait. I am a huge barkley fan, just not sure strategically it would be the best choice to move on from a guy who gets tough yards and is a good locker room presence because he struggles with his hands when there will be some elite defensive talent on the board. I'd rather go after Nelson at that point, if we are drafting a guy at a position we already have strength at. It is tough to find a RB who can get those tough between the tackle yards and rack up yards after contact like howard does.
    Last edited by dikimbemutumbo; 01-13-2018 at 03:40 PM.
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

With Howard's running style, I wouldn't be surprised if he broke down even faster than other RBs. With that said, Howard is a tough SOB and could probably sustain his level of play for at least another 3 seasons, if not 4 or 5. I would look for another capable runner but also receiving type back to compliment him. Howard/Rookie/Cohen/Cunningham. I'm curious to see how Nagy uses Cohen and I wouldn't be surprised to see him lined up at receiver a lot.

On another note, I'm beginning to cool down on going after Landry. I think the Bears could get Robinson and Wilson for both fairly cheap. If that were to happen, re-sign Wright and draft a WR in either the 1st or the 2nd and that's a rap. Robinson/Meredith/Wilson/Rookie/Wright/White

This RB class is so talented it's almost funny. Just snag one in the 5th round. There will be great backs in this draft outside of Barkley. Value is not there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    This RB class is so talented it's almost funny. Just snag one in the 5th round. There will be great backs in this draft outside of Barkley. Value is not there for me.
    I don't recall too many here talking about Hunt or Kamara before the draft last year. It's like clockwork, every season there's mid-round RBs that turn into highly productive players. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I hope Morgan can become something. It'd really help us out on the interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wonder what the internal evaluations on him are so far. Curious since we didn't see him at all while he was stashed on IR.
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I don't recall too many here talking about Hunt or Kamara before the draft last year. It's like clockwork, every season there's mid-round RBs that turn into highly productive players. Agreed.
    Kamara was a hot name because of his ridiculous college numbers, but nobody seemed sure he would pan out in NFL it seemed. Kind of an all or nothing attitude on him. But you are right on Hunt, he came out of nowhere.

EDIT: Kamara was not a hot name, as pointed out by sager. My dumb *** has been confusing him for donnell pumphrey all season, who was a San Diego state RB taken in the fourth round by philly and has done nothing all year.
    Last edited by dikimbemutumbo; 01-14-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dikimbemutumbo View Post
    Kamara was a hot name because of his ridiculous college numbers, but nobody seemed sure he would pan out in NFL it seemed. Kind of an all or nothing attitude on him. But you are right on Hunt, he came out of nowhere.
    Kareem Hunt was also noted for a very productive college career. He really didn't "come out of nowhere," especially when Spencer Ware went down. At least from a fantasy perspective, I remember several analysts were quick to recommend drafting him in the 2nd or 3rd round of FF drafts.

Howard isn't even a special runner. He's just durable so far. I like that it is a deep class, but I'm just saying if a Gurley type talent falls to you at 8, you have to take him.

Landry has been too great to pass up IMO.

Click here to register!

Howard isn't even a special runner. He's just durable so far. I like that it is a deep class, but I'm just saying if a Gurley type talent falls to you at 8, you have to take him.

Landry has been too great to pass up IMO.

If teams in front of the Bears are stupid enough to pass on Barkley, I would definitely be pleased if the Bears took him at 8. Howard/Barkley/Cohen would be an awesome backfield.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If teams in front of the Bears are stupid enough to pass on Barkley, I would definitely be pleased if the Bears took him at 8. Howard/Barkley/Cohen would be an awesome backfield.
    I think Barkley would immediately start over Howard. I think people don't realize there is nothing special about him. Not a good blocker, horrific receiver, top 15 or so runner

You gotta deal Howard if you get him too

All these discussions about him are meaningless though. Bears can't trade up for him (THAT would be stupid) and I would be shocked if he fell to 8

Click here to register!

I think Barkley would immediately start over Howard. I think people don't realize there is nothing special about him. Not a good blocker, horrific receiver, top 15 or so runner

You gotta deal Howard if you get him too

All these discussions about him are meaningless though. Bears can't trade up for him (THAT would be stupid) and I would be shocked if he fell to 8

You donít think heís a top 15 runner? Youíre underselling him imo. And if heís not then what are you gonna get in a trade for him?