Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 170 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2542
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I surely did not.

I asserted that we have lots of holes. I also asserted that we only have 7 draft picks. The point is not and never was that we only have the draft with which to fill those, I'm not sure where you grabbed that notion from and I suspect that internally you knew that wasn't at all my contention.

Rather, with only 7 draft picks and no shortage of positions at which we're in need ranging from some to dire - I'm ardently against spending one of those 7 selections on what happens to be one of the only spots at which we're not in any real need whatsoever.

Of course we'll load up in free agency, we have the money - there's no reason not spend it. That said, I certainly wouldn't label us *the* landing spot this off-season however, or really anywhere close to it. Put another way, I don't expect anybody is giving the Bears, as currently constructed, the proverbial "hometown discount." We're coming off 5-11 with a coach who's as respected as he is unproven, and ownership that's been a laughingstock across the league for years. Doesn't quite scream premiere free agent destination to me, but I'm not an NFL player. Maybe they'll see something I don't.
    I think you see a lot more holes than I do.

Obviously WR is a huge one and I think it would be wise to get 2 in FA, hopefully including Landry, but I certainly am not banking on it. We could grab Crowell (just 25 y/o with 4 ypc and 60+% catch rate) and Blount (cheap, short yardage) to make Howard expendable. Now your RB is set and trading Howard brings more picks to play with. Tackle probably shouldn't be addressed in FA but OL depth will be available.

On the defense, we need to sign Prince for sure. The CB market is thin with basically guys you hope could breakout but Prince is projected for 7 which he's easily worth IMO. Tag Fuller and see if he earns a long-term deal this year. Take a flyer on Richardson or see if you can get Ansah, and address DL depth with small deals. I think we probably like our LB enough to forego making a splash signing there. Safety is set and Pace will probably draft one for depth.

So, for sure, we have holes at WR, OT, CB, and we need pass rushers. We need depth across the OL and DL but aren't exactly in dire need. LB and secondary will be plentiful in the draft.

Yes we were a 5-11 team but we had a handful of games where the pendulum easily could have swung the other way. We need to be careful not to spend too much in FA as we need $ to lock up our young building blocks, but with all the resources we have available, we should go into the draft with very few real holes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

https://www.thesportster.com/enterta...-sports-today/

It's all a matter of perspective man, your opinion, my opinion ... it's all good.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    https://www.thesportster.com/enterta...-sports-today/

It's all a matter of perspective man, your opinion, my opinion ... it's all good.
    We're getting derailed here but for the record a list of worst owners with the Steinbrenners on it is not a good or even reasonable list.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    What would an example of an offer they can’t refuse be? Just curious, as I feel people expect to get way more then what would realistically be offered for him. A realistic offer would be what was traded for Ajayi.

Also, wouldn’t every single players our team, let alone in the league, be available for an offer too good to refuse?
    Ajayi was strugling and a cancer in the locker room. Incomparable to howard.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    We're getting derailed here but for the record a list of worst owners with the Steinbrenners on it is not a good or even reasonable list.
    Had the same thought.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    Then what is Cohen doing on our roster? Kamara has ingram. McCaffery has stewart. I understand the talent that barkley is PROJECTED to have is unusually high. But ill take howard, cohen, and the 8th overall pick over giving up picks to trade up to 1-3 range to get barkley.
    You want to help Mitch? Get him some WRs. You cite kamara and mcaffery’s production in thr passing game but you fail to mention both the saints and the panthers have great to good passing attacks, which opens up opportunities cor their RBs.
    You notice how both the guys you listed are solid all around though. They are not one dimensional like Howard is. If Howard's in you pretty much dont have to count on a screen. You can send everyone. You dont have to worry about hin out of the backfield. Do you see how that puts the whole offense at a major disadvantage.

And on another note. Some of you counting on Cohen is histerical to me. Outside of big plays he leaves a lot to be desired. He seems one dimensional as howard only oposite. When teams can just look at who is out there and get an idea of what is going on to happen it makes u easier to defend.

Is it safe to assume that the whole defensive staff will be retained, they were all Fangio's guys - yes/no?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

For anyone who says this team is that far away and has so many holes. I will openly disagree. I think the major thing that needed to be nailed is the coaching staff. And landing 2 great offensive minds in Nagy and Helfriech. A beast OL coach. And a few other guys who have been around offensive minds. The offense is trending way up. Even without any upgrades yet.

And if we can field a healthy defense next season since retaining Fangio i am willing to bet on at least a top 10 defense.

So if we can field a top 10 D and a top 15 offense. That will likely be enough yo put us in a playoff spot.

But really. What holes do we consider ourselves to have

WR- is the obvious one. But i expect a FA spending on somebody and potentially a draft pick to fix it.
    OT- really a want not a need. Massie isn't great but you can do worse. I hope to upgrade but would not die if not
    CB- more to me about retaining our guys. If we cancretain Fuller and Prince its not bad at all
    OLB- this is the one spot i hope yo upgrade. We have some depth but injury prone guys who have regressed.

So. That is what 2 WRs 1 OT 2 CBs and an 1 OLB

So 6 major needs 3 of which are not really super bad as long as we can retain our guys. But even with 6 major needs. We have 7 draft picks and about 55 mil minimum after Glennon is cut.

If you can't sure up 6 spots with that. I think i blame the FO more than the teams needs. You should be able to retain your CBs. Sign one or two WRs. And allow us to draft the rest.

Cohen with the right play calling isn’t too far away from what McCaffrey is doing in Carolina.

Ingram was also not a two way threat at the beginning of his career. If you feel that teams will ignore a screen because Howard is in the game, then our coaches are idiots if they don’t run one for him. If he only caught 8 out of 10 of those screens to him, those 8 would most likely result in HUGE plays. His rookie year, he actually had a few big plays in the passing game....but the play calling this year was just horrendous.

Just don’t expect him to line up wide and catch a pass, he is and has been perfectly fine at catching a screen pass

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    For anyone who says this team is that far away and has so many holes. I will openly disagree. I think the major thing that needed to be nailed is the coaching staff. And landing 2 great offensive minds in Nagy and Helfriech. A beast OL coach. And a few other guys who have been around offensive minds. The offense is trending way up. Even without any upgrades yet.

And if we can field a healthy defense next season since retaining Fangio i am willing to bet on at least a top 10 defense.

So if we can field a top 10 D and a top 15 offense. That will likely be enough yo put us in a playoff spot.

But really. What holes do we consider ourselves to have

WR- is the obvious one. But i expect a FA spending on somebody and potentially a draft pick to fix it.
    OT- really a want not a need. Massie isn't great but you can do worse. I hope to upgrade but would not die if not
    CB- more to me about retaining our guys. If we cancretain Fuller and Prince its not bad at all
    OLB- this is the one spot i hope yo upgrade. We have some depth but injury prone guys who have regressed.

So. That is what 2 WRs 1 OT 2 CBs and an 1 OLB

So 6 major needs 3 of which are not really super bad as long as we can retain our guys. But even with 6 major needs. We have 7 draft picks and about 55 mil minimum after Glennon is cut.

If you can't sure up 6 spots with that. I think i blame the FO more than the teams needs. You should be able to retain your CBs. Sign one or two WRs. And allow us to draft the rest.
    Could be around $60M+ with a few more cuts.

I'd look to lock down WR (sign two, re-sign Wright and Cam) and CB (re-sign Prince 3/$24Mish, tag Fuller) before the draft, then make the first two rounds all about OLB and OL.

That's probably how I'd approach it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    You notice how both the guys you listed are solid all around though. They are not one dimensional like Howard is. If Howard's in you pretty much dont have to count on a screen. You can send everyone. You dont have to worry about hin out of the backfield. Do you see how that puts the whole offense at a major disadvantage.

And on another note. Some of you counting on Cohen is histerical to me. Outside of big plays he leaves a lot to be desired. He seems one dimensional as howard only oposite. When teams can just look at who is out there and get an idea of what is going on to happen it makes u easier to defend.
    Please explain how Ingram and Stewart are all-around players compared to Howard? Howard can catch a screen pass. Cohen can run the ball. Our coaches last year just couldn’t use them correctly. I expect the new regime to handle them a lot differently, and spect them to both be on the field together ALOT this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

I'd look to lock down WR (sign two, re-sign Wright and Cam) and CB (re-sign Prince 3/$24Mish, tag Fuller) before the draft, then make the first two rounds all about OLB and OL.

Yep there really aren't holes springing everywhere. I think we'd be wise to address the OL proactively considering Long's durability as well as Sutton's age but the options in FA aren't that appealing so I think Pace will draft a couple. I fully expect to be most aggressive in FA going for offensive playmakers and pass rushers. We already have a tailor-made situation for a #1 WR to step into (agreed SF is major competition) and what pass rusher wouldn't want to play behind Hicks, Goldman, etc.

Then you gotta account for guys like Bullard or maybe Jordan Morgan progressing in their second years and possibly becoming starters.

We are very well set up.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Almost the same foe me. Only change i have is somehow getting a WR in the draft..... Personally I really want Kirk. I think he can be like tyreek Hill for us

But if we end up with OLB at 8. OT in the 2nd. And getting a guy like Landry/Robinson + Pryor/Wilson while retaining Cam and Wright and retaining our CBs. I think its a slam dunk.

Fwiw. Who do you think will be at 8 in terms of pass rusher?????

Personally i would love to see us trade down with the bills to get an OLB while also having a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Please explain how Ingram and Stewart are all-around players compared to Howard? Howard can catch a screen pass. Cohen can run the ball. Our coaches last year just couldn’t use them correctly. I expect the new regime to handle them a lot differently, and spect them to both be on the field together ALOT this year.
    As somebody pointed out.... Howard was 4th worst in drops as a RB.

As far as comparison

Who is better

RB 1 32 Targets 71% catch %

RB 2 71 Targets 81% catch %

But yea howard is a great pass catcher.