Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dikimbemutumbo View Post
    Expect this to bump Patricia back up in HC speculation league wide

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england...r-magical-work
    Patricia has intrigued me for a while now. He just needs to have the Offensive staff to go with him. I wouldn't trust him to develop Trubisky tbh.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Patricia has intrigued me for a while now. He just needs to have the Offensive staff to go with him. I wouldn't trust him to develop Trubisky tbh.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Likewise. I am extremely interested in him as coach if he is willing to coach in Chicago. It has been speculated that he might be waiting for a perfect situation, otherwise he would rather stay in New England and try to take the reins from belichick upon retirement.

His knowledge on both sides of the ball is actually what intrigues me most about him. He has spent 5 years as an offensive coach and 11 years as a defensive coach. Also played offensive line in college.

I'd be happy with Patricia

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    My current way to early mock looks like this for the first 3 rounds:

Round 1: Calvin Ridley-WR
    Pretty good/great all around, save on his frame potentially being a bit too skinny.

Round 2: Arden Tate-WR

Elite size to be a possession receiver, and is getting some hype on the draft forum.... Might end up as a late first rounder, however (and out of our range)

Round 3: Joshua Jackson-CB > Donte Jackson-CB

Great size and ballskills for Josh, Elite speed for Donte even if a bit undersized @ 5'11'' They're both on that round 2-3 fringe for the early big board rankings I've seen so hopefully one would make it.

Don't see us being in a good spot to get the top OLB, not super impressed with the top OTs right now, and 6th feels a bit early to take either a corner, or a guy like Fitzpatrick who is a safety we'd be playing at corner.....
    Josh jackson is projected as a first rounder by most now. And for me personally i would rather use FA to get receivers. Im not personally sold on Calvin. I would much rathwr overpay for a guy like Watkins or Landry and retain Cam.

Also Christian Kirk is a guy i really love as a 2nd or 3rd round guy

I don't understand at all considering shaheen has been a good if not great blocker. And Sims has been bad catching the ball. And nothing spectacular blocking either

It seems like shaheen at least provides good blocking. With added potential of being an athletic pass catcher.

I think its clear whay our 4 main needs are WR OL CB and Pass Rusher.

What are your guys oppinions on how to address these needs. Through Free agency and the draft.... Maybe potential trades as well. And who would your targets be

Things to remember

50 mil in cap space that could be raised depending on the following cuts

Glennon 11 Mcphee 7 Sims 5.6 Massie 5 Weaton 5 Cooper 4.5 Young 4.5 Demps 3.6 Freeman 3.4

We have all our CBs (Prince Fuller and Callahan ) and any quality WR (Cam Inman and Wright ) all in need of contracts

We do not have a 3rd round pick

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post

What are your guys oppinions on how to address these needs. Through Free agency and the draft.... Maybe potential trades as well. And who would your targets be

Things to remember

Glennon 11 Mcphee 7 Sims 5.6 Massie 5 Weaton 5 Cooper 4.5 Young 4.5 Demps 3.6 Freeman 3.4

We have all our CBs (Prince Fuller and Callahan ) and any quality WR (Cam Inman and Wright ) all in need of contracts

There is no if when it comes to the glennon cut. Also I heard if another team signs him for 2.5 million we have no dead money on the books for him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sdrobert View Post
    There is no if when it comes to the glennon cut. Also I heard if another team signs him for 2.5 million we have no dead money on the books for him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    I don't expect anything different.

Honestly i think that Glennon Massie and Weaton are guaranteed cuts. Meaning 20 mil minimum. The others im not so sure of. Mcphee has some value of on the field. Though probably not what he is paid. Sims Cooper and Demps have sucked. But can we really do much better in FA. Young is all about health and Freeman is great. But his suspension and age are concerning.

But.... You did avoid the question I posted. How would you project we go about filling those needs.

Kyle Long is the most overrated bears player since Rex Grossman or Cade McNown. Heís also super fragile too. Letís move on from him already.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Kyle Long is the most overrated bears player since Rex Grossman or Cade McNown. Heís also super fragile too. Letís move on from him already.
    How in ****'s sake were Rex Grossman and Cade McNown overrated? They were trash and everyone knew it. Kyle Long is a legitimately good guard. He's got an injury history but there's no real need to "move on" and considering he just signed an extension I think we're probably gonna be with him for at least another year or two (not sure when the guarenteed money ends) but if he can get healthy he'll be worth every penny.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post

Things to remember

Never written one of these out, so play nice if anything seems unreasonable.

Cuts:
    *Glennon $11MM
    *Massie $5MM
    *Wheaton: $5MM
    *Demps $3.6MM
    *Freeman $3.4MM

Hold onto McPhee, Cooper, Young until we see how signings / draft / training camp plays out. Keeping Sims on the roster as backup & blocker behind Shaheen assuming he steps into starting role next season. New cap room = $78MM

Resign:
    *Prince Amukamara - 3 yrs $28MM - $18MM guaranteed (8/8/2) - Compare to Robert Alford - Yr 1 Cap hit of $9MM
    *Kyle Fuller - 4 Yrs $36MM - $24MM guaranteed (8/8/6/2). Compared to Logan Ryan - Yr 1 Cap hit of $9MM
    *Cam Meredith - 2 Yrs $8MM - $5MM guaranteed (4/1). Compared to Maclin / Wheaton / LaFell / Mike Wallace downgraded for ACL. Need to see how he responds from ACL but shows good faith. Yr 1 Cap hit of $4MM
    *Dontrell Inman - 2 Yrs $7MM - $3.5MM guaranteed (2/1.5). Compared to Marquise Goodwin. Yr 1 Cap hit of $3.5MM
    *Compton - 2 Yrs $3.5MM - $2MM guaranteed. Yr 1 Cap hit of $2MM
    *Christian Jones - 3 Yrs $6MM - $4MM guaranteed (2/2). Yr 1 Cap hit of $2MM
    *Kendall Wright - 2 Yrs $4MM - $2MM guaranteed. Yr 1 Cap hit of $2MM
    *Mark Sanchez - 1 Yr $2MM - $1MM guaranteed. Yr 1 Cap hit of $2MM
    *Benny Cunningham - 1 Yr $1MM - Partially guaranteed. Yr 1 Cap hit of $1MM
    *Sam Acho - 2 Yrs $2MM - $1MM guaranteed. Yr 1 Cap hit of $1MM
    *Sherrick McManis - 1 Yr $1.5MM - $1MM guaranteed. Yr 1 Cap hit of $1.5MM
    *Cairo Santos - 1 Yr $1MM - Not guaranteed. Yr 1 Cap hit of $1MM
    *Pat O'Donnell - 4 Yrs $12MM - $5MM guaranteed (3/2). Yr 1 Cap hit of $3MM

Not willing to give a multi-year deal to Callahan since he cant stay healthy. Nice find, but might be time to move on. Especially if we can grab Minkah. Bellamy can go since he cannot catch a cold in a snow storm and seems to be an issue locker room wise at times (despite outstanding ST play)
    New cap space: $78MM - $41MM = $37MM

Free Agents:
    (ideal pick ups, maybe not realistic. Also figured these were overly generous contracts considering it will be tough to draw guys to the Bears)
    *Davante Adams - 5 Yrs $55MM - $25MM guaranteed (7.5/7.5/6/3/1) - Compared to Keenan Allen - Yr 1 Cap hit of $11MM
    *Nate Solder - 5 Yrs $60MM - $28MM guaranteed (9/9/6/4) - Compared to Riley Reiff / Cordy Glenn - Yr 1 Cap hit of $12MM

Remaining Cap Space: $37MM - $23MM = $14MM
    **Used for UDFA / Long Snapper signing / re-signing / Other roster fillers (Unrein / Jenkins+ young OLB & CB who could be low risk high reward.

Draft Focus:

*Rd 1 - Pass Rusher (dreaming of chubb, lol), Minkah Fitzpatrick, or trade back if available and get one of Sutton or Ridley
    *Rd 2 - CB, WR, DL/OLB in Rd 2 depending on what we get in Rd 1. Wouldn't be surprised by a round 2 trade back to recoup a 3rd round pick
    *Rounds 4-7, trust in Ryan "Big Draft Daddy", "Tuna Salad", "Human Madden Draft" Pace.
    Sutton / Tate / St. Brown / Kirk / Cobbs / Campbell / Washington should be available as WR in rounds 2-4 (Sutton might be a pipe dream for 2nd round though). Would like to see a QB taken somewhere in Rd 4-7 that could be a project to back up Mitch and sub in if (god forbid) Mitch gets an owie. Also would like to see an OL depth piece to pair with Kush / Morgan / Compton and a MLB prospect. Rounds 1-7 should include a CB, Pass Rusher, WR, OL, QB, LB (athlete rather than a hammer, similar traits to trevathan) in no specific order, in an ideal world.

Ideal Outcome / Areas of Change:
    RT - Leno Jr
    LT - Soder
    DE - Hicks / Chubb (feel he can rotate OLB) or later draft pick / Bullard / Roberston-Harris
    OLB - Floyd / Chubb (feel he can rotate OLB) or later draft pick / Young / McPhee / Acho / Jones
    WR - Adams / 2-4 Round Rookie / Meredith (SLOT) / Inman / Wright
    CB - Prince / Fuller / Fitzpatrick or later Draft Pick / Cooper / Leblanc
    Last edited by dikimbemutumbo; 12-07-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Someone doesn't pay attention to the o line unless they mess up... Kyle is easily the most dominant impact blocker on this line, and possibly one of the best impact blockers the entire league (not saying best guard in the NFL, he's not better than sitton overall. But may be the nastiest run blocker). Go watch a Jordan Howard highlight video and take note how many times long devastated his man to open a lane. Not sure there is anyone a linebacker hates to see hitting the second level than long. Guy is an animal. He has rushed back from serious injuries two straight years. He has a full offseason to get right now, no need to go making sexy rexy comps. Essentially, long means more to a successful Bears run game than any offensive lineman on the team, at least when it's not being sabotaged by play calling
    Last edited by dikimbemutumbo; 12-07-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast