Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    As far as results ... its hard to say. I would have liked to see how the players, especially the D would have reacted to HC Fangio. Shaking things up would have been the way to go in this situation, IMO. No change means we accept what we have. Either way, probably no big deal like you said, but sometimes you have to do something.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Pretty sure toovey's mentioned him a few times here (edit: just noticed his post in this thread), but I'd watch for Pete Carmichael, OC from the Saints. He's been calling the plays since the start of last season there and been in that system for 8 years, plus he likely has some familiarity with Pace.

I love the way he's using Kamara there (which he could do with Cohen here) and if you've watched the Saints (besides when we lost to them) they do a great job of game planning for each opponent, spreading the ball around, and attacking their weaknesses along with adjusting on the fly pretty well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    He's also transformed their offense midseason to a run first offense which has propelled them. Obviously we will be run heavy as well, so the fit is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Pace gets to make the call, and he should ... somebody out of New Orleans wouldn't surprise me at all.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I know McDaniels was mentioned as well and I wouldn't mind him either. I think he's a guy that does better his 2nd time around and would probably be able to attract a good DC.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Yeah, sit on Fox for the rest of the season and give him and Loggains the boot after. You don't want to ask Trubisky to learn another system mid-season.
    He would not be learning a new system mid-season with Loggains still as OC. Fox being fired would untie Loggains hands at play calling and it would actually open the playbook for Trubisky. We all agree that Fox is holding back Trubisky.
    Screw sabermetics.

The only one who needs to go right now, today ... is Fox. You can't fire the whole coaching staff in November.
    Loggains would stay, Donatell would get elevated to DC. It would inject some life into the team, maybe and the fan base absolutely. Looks like the Bears do what they do best though, nothing.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    He would not be learning a new system mid-season with Loggains still as OC. Fox being fired would untie Loggains hands at play calling and it would actually open the playbook for Trubisky. We all agree that Fox is holding back Trubisky.
    How are we simultaneously giving Fangio all the credit for the defense while saying Loggains doesn't get any of the blame for the offense?

Sure, Fox is probably limiting all of what Loggains wants to do but the gameplan yesterday was terrible, the plays we are running are not effectively designed (how many fake end arounds did we run yesterday), the offensive players took a ton of penalties and the player snap count was bizarre (Howard one more snap than Cunningham, Cohen 13 snaps and 2 touches, Bellamy all over the field, no use of McBride after his good game, etc.).

Now not all of this is on Loggains but he hasn't done nearly enough to escape heat for how the offense has performed.

Bit off topic but Pace's FA signings this year have all been huge duds.

Demps- bad then hurt
    Wheaton- hurt then bad
    Cooper- sucks
    Sims- beyond suck

And there's Glennon lol.

I like what Pace has done but this is a bit concerning. Surprised it hasn't been talked about more.

At least there's been Prince. Hope he's resigned.

Believe in Seth Rollins

2017 FA/Trades/Cuts/General FO Office Discussion Vol IV

Well Demps wasnít bad last year and itís a small sample size of how he played what barley 2 games

Wheaton still better than what we had last year but injuries held him down in is career . I think heís better than what heís shown

Never liked cooper but he did show well vs Pitt but once he got hurt he never got his spot by fuller who was playing well

Sims meh

Glennon just crumbled and a place holder for whatever Rookie QB coming in .

Think nobody talking about these signings because we can all cut ties from em quickly and they were mostly the wave after we tried to go after big impact guys
    Last edited by Stunner; 11-13-2017 at 06:33 PM.

They're all short term deals so I'm not too hung up any of them. Pretty sure we can bait on all of them after this season.

Prince and Wright have been pretty good though, so it's not all bad. I don't think Wheaton is good, but Loggains already admitted he doesn't know how to use him either, so he's probably better than this.

Agreed, I just wish we could have got another diamond in the rough like Hicks the year before. Still salty we didn't go after Casey Hayward couple years ago.

Would love to know what they seen in Sims.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107:31980166
    Bit off topic but Pace's FA signings this year have all been huge duds.

Demps- bad then hurt
    Wheaton- hurt then bad
    Cooper- sucks
    Sims- beyond suck

And there's Glennon lol.

I like what Pace has done but this is a bit concerning. Surprised it hasn't been talked about more.
    I've tried. I get shot down with Glennon was a smokescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I've tried. I get shot down with Glennon was a smokescreen.
    I will never understand that thought process lol. Eh, I got blasted for wanting to trade for Brissett. Would be nice to have that capital right now.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Agreed, I just wish we could have got another diamond in the rough like Hicks the year before. Still salty we didn't go after Casey Hayward couple years ago.

Would love to know what they seen in Sims.
    Prince has been awesome

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast