Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    That would be interesting. Our first for Green. Id rather Build through the draft and just sign somebody. But Green is tallented.
    A first for a WR who will be 30 next season? No thank you.

Fangio to HC does make sense. I'd hate to lose the guy, hate to have Fox back without him. Why not give him the chance and see what he's got.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

So what's going on with Travathan? He hasn't practiced at all since the Saints game but no injury information has been made available.

I don't understand why the Bears haven't been working out kickers during the bye week.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't understand why the Bears haven't been working out kickers during the bye week.

We worked out a few guys earlier in the season. A change at this point seems like change for the sake of it.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

We worked out a few guys earlier in the season. A change at this point seems like change for the sake of it.
    No itís not just for the sake itís because Barth sucks badly he canít keep missing these Field Goals

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    No itís not just for the sake itís because Barth sucks badly he canít keep missing these Field Goals
    Lets be honest. None of these guys that are left dont have jobs for a reason. None of them are that good. Not saying Barth is. I would happily replace him. But seriously Barth is only 2% worse than Santos over his carear at FG and 3 % better at XP. I also know what you are going to say. Barth is not kicking his averages. He is way lower. Amd i don't disagree. But remember the last guy we CUT who had a bad year. Robbie Gould. Wish we coukd habe him back.

But yes. Your not nessisarily gonna find the answer to this kicker problem. We already brought guys in to have a look. Different does not mean better.

The funny thing is. Looking at his stats. Barth has never been that good past 40 yards. Yet only 3 of his 10 this year have been within 40. Maybe barth is bad. But we as an offense are not doing him favors making mosrt of his kicks over 40
    Last edited by Kyben36; 11-06-2017 at 10:17 PM.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Exactly my point. It's not just a change for the sake of it, lol. It's because Barth is easily one of the worst kickers in the league.

The guy you mentioned too, Santos, is actually pretty good but was waived because he was hurt. No harm in taking a look at someone like that.

How much worse could it be? Anyone but barf.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

But remember the last guy we CUT who had a bad year. Robbie Gould. Wish we coukd habe him back.

But yes. Your not nessisarily gonna find the answer to this kicker problem. We already brought guys in to have a look. Different does not mean better.
    What the **** kind of point are you even trying to make here?

Are you suggesting that Barth is going to go on some absurd run like Gould is now despite never having that kind of track record in his career?

Classic hot take there Kyben, lol. And I hope you're aware that different sometimes does mean better, especially when you're currently trotting out one of the worst kickers in the league.

Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-06-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Just because somebody has to defend Barth, and i love being the instigator. lets take a look at some stats

Connor Barth career averages

1-19 yards 3/3 100%
    20-29 yards 49/50 98%
    30-39 yards 46/51 90%
    40-49 yards 48/64 75%
    50+ yards 18/30 60%

Connor Barth averages while a Bear 2 years

1-19 yards 1/1 100%
    20-29 yards 10/11 90%
    30-39 yards 7/8 88%
    40-49 yards 5/9 55%
    50+ yards 2/5 40%

If he had made 1 more 40-49 and 1 more 50+ he would be right with his averages,

the problem is this year we have set him up with 1 within 19, 3 within 20-29, 0 withing 30-39, 5 from 40-49, and 2 from 50 plus

that means he has had a 7 kicks outside of 40 and 4 kicks inside of 40. its not all on him. half of it is our offense is not putting him in a position to make high % kicks. yes, he has missed a handful. but like his carear stats indicate. he is going to miss a handful from those distances. 5 misses of 20 from 40-49, and 4 of 10 from 50 plus.

for all the complaining its on barth. your all complaining about 1 or 2 missed kicks out of 10. its a small sample size and we have not given him good kicks to get confidence going. the Funny thing is, he is 100% from Extra points this season. which would be in that golden bellow 40 range. imagine if we had given him 2 or 3 of those 40+ from inside that range. his stats might look alot better.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    What the **** kind of point are you even trying to make here?

Are you suggesting that Barth is going to go on some absurd run like Gould is now despite never having that kind of track record in his career?

Classic hot take there Kyben, lol. And I hope you're aware that different sometimes does mean better, especially when you're currently trotting out one of the worst kickers in the league.

look at my previous post. but i think its fair that somebody tries to defend him, i dont care one way or another. but we have done Barth no favors with setting him up with 70% of his FGs at 40+ which seems to be that area where kicks seem to jump from 90 % (9/10) to around 75 % which is a huge diference.

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast