Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2490
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I do think in terms of WR i could see numerous good quality vets being availible for reasonable. Also i would seriously not be opposed to trading for a guy either..... If its Landry..... Demarius thomas or even Dez Bryant. Any would be a significant upgrade.

And guys like Jeremy Maclin or Jordy Nelson could providr quality depth

I would be good with Watkins. The numbers aren't great, but there are/were times when he was open, but Goff didn't see him.

I hate the idea/discussion of permanently moving Whitehair off of Center. When a guy can be an All-Pro at Center, you don't move him off of that position. You go find another Guard to play along side him.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

I think getting Watkins on a prove-it deal is wishful thinking.

All it takes is one team that likes him enough to offer him a longer term contract and that prove-it proposal offer is no longer considered.

I'm not advocating for offering him a long term deal either.

Here's the list of FA WRs I wouldn't mind seeing targeted by Pace (obviously not all on the same priority, length of contract and/or money either);

Mike Wallace
    Taylor Gabriel
    Albert Wilson
    Jordan Matthews
    Paul Richardson
    Cody Lattimer
    Allen Robinson
    Donte Moncrief
    John Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I can't argue with your assessment but at 24 Years old he has plenty of time to grow. I mean. Cam broke out last year at 24..... And plemty of other guys break out later too. Like crabtree. I think he has risk. But him and a healty Cam is a solid Duo. Especially if you can add a guy like greham or Burton to help aliviate some of the need for anyone to be a true #1.

The injuries more concern me. But i would surely give him a 1 year 12-14 mil prove it deal similar to what the eagles did with Alshin Alshon
    Untill another team offers him a multi year deal and he signs with them instead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Misread the sarcasm in that post didn't you
    Screw sabermetics.

They have to sign somebody and most likely over pay. If its Watkins then so be it.
    I still like Wilson from KC as the slot guy, draft someone in round 2 or 3 (assuming that trade is happening).
    Last edited by Muttman73; Today at 04:31 PM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by sdrobert View Post
    Untill another team offers him a multi year deal and he signs with them instead.

Frontload guaranteed dollars on a multi-year deal for the guy if you have to. With the cap room we have and having a young promising QB, it would be a major issue to miss on the top young WR free agent considering our roster situation. You can structure the contract so it wont hurt us in years 3-whatever of the contract if we have to walk away from him in a few years. Watkins has upside at 24 years old with a few productive seasons under his belt.

He didn't even know the rams playbook to start the season, have to remember. 6 of his 8 TDs came in the last 8 games of the season, once he started to get more playbook comfort and plays called for him. Almost all of his production came in 2nd half of the season except one early game against san Francisco. Easy to forget that he was traded to LA last minute and had to learn a new scheme with no qb chemistry at all. About the worst situation you can ask a starting player to excel in. My only concern with him is health, which is a legitimate concern. But I am all for taking a shot. Guy is a beast so long as he stays healthy. Hope his foot does not continue to be a recurring issue.

Here is a good read I just found on him dealing with the injuries. Did not realized he played on the broken foot in lineman cleats and was still performing at one point, and had forgotten that the bills traded two first round picks to get him.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/03/sa...ontract-option
    Last edited by dikimbemutumbo; Today at 01:45 PM.
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...0%7Ctwterm%5E0
    Curious about what the Rams are giving up here.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Wouldn't hate over paying as bit. He's still a threat and a productive 2 at worst when healthy.

Definitely should be our number one target assuming Robinson gets tagged.
    I won't say I'm opposed to the idea, just uncomfortable with it since it's a risk.

Watkins is a physical talent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wellp... Peters to the Rams.

Roto:

The Rams will likely move on from free agent CB Trumaine Johnson following the team's acquisition of Marcus Peters.

The Rams assigned him the franchise tag for the second straight year in 2017, but never came close to reaching a long-term deal and will now let Johnson walk after acquiring Peters from Kansas City. Johnson regressed last season, earning PFF's No. 75 grade out of 120 qualifiers at cornerback. Despite this, the 28-year-old should be among the most coveted defensive backs on the market this winter.
    May be another option at CB

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...0%7Ctwterm%5E0
    Curious about what the Rams are giving up here.
    I would think a 1st Round Pick plus a couple of 2nd and/or 3rd Day picks.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Roto:

May be another option at CB
    Trumaine Johnson Kyle Fuller combo would be nifty. Wont happen I dont think but it would be nifty.